Everyone has Candida, and a significant proportion of us may have Candida overgrowth, or an overgrowth of Candida. Candida starts to cause trouble when there is some change in your body that allows it to overgrow.
This change could be anything from a few courses of antibiotics, a prolonged diet rich in carbohydrates and sugar, or even something as common as a lengthy period of stress at work.
What Is Candida?
- What Is Candida Albicans?
Learn all about this troublesome yeast. Candida is present in all of us, but it only starts causing problems when its growth starts to get out of control.
- What causes Candida?
Antibiotics, diet, stress and more. Modern life is full of possible causes for your Candida overgrowth.
- Candida: Acid or Alkaline?
A Candida overgrowth is more likely if your intestinal tract becomes too alkaline. Here you can learn how to maintain the acidity in your gut.
- Could Candida have caused your allergies?
Leaky Gut Syndrome is linked closely to Candida overgrowth. Learn how it might be the answer to why you are getting allergies.
- How is adrenal fatigue related to Candida?
Adrenal fatigue is a common symptom of Candida overgrowth. Fixing your adrenal glands will get you one step closer to beating it.
- Candida and stubborn weight gain
One of the symptoms of Candida is stubborn fat deposits. There are a few reasons why this happens, this article has everything you need to know.
- Chlorine and your immune system
Chlorine kills the good bacteria in your gut and weakens your immune system. Find out here why you are consuming much more chlorine than you think.
- A Candida Diet for pregnant women
You can follow a modified version of the Candida Diet while you are pregnant. Get all the nutrients you need by eating low-sugar fruit, lean protein and complex carbs.
- Nursing your new baby while on the Candida Diet
You need to be careful what you eat when you are nursing a new baby. Check out this page for some ideas.
- Why does my yogurt contain sugar?
All yogurt contains some sugar, but as long as there is no added sugar you should be OK. Also learn about some other common sources of confusion.
- Why Are There Bacteria In Your Gut?
- The Link Between Candida And Chronic Inflammation
- What Are Candida Biofilms?
- Candida, Inflammation, And Your Gut Flora
- How Does Candida Penetrate The Intestinal Walls And Cause Leaky Gut?
- The Connection Between Sugar And Candida Biofilms
- The Guide to Candida Infographic
- Why Does Candida Albicans Need Sugar?
Do You Have Candida?
- Symptoms of Candida
The symptoms of a Candida overgrowth can include weight gain, food cravings, fatigue, gas and a host of other complaints.
- Testing for Candida
There is a way for your doctor to test for Candida overgrowth. Alternatively, there are tests that you can try yourself, at home.
- Candida Questionnaire
Take the questionnaire and see if you have a Candida overgrowth.
- Are Yeast Infections Becoming More Common?
- Hangover Symptoms And Candida: Are They Linked?
- What Is The Link Between Candida And Arthritis?
- Oral Thrush And Tooth Decay
- The Connection Between Gluten Sensitivities And Candida
- Is Candida Causing Your Chronic Sinus Infections?
- Which Candida Strain Or Subspecies Do You Have?
- Candida And Food Sensitivities: Is There A Connection?
What Causes Candida
- Should You Take Antibiotics If You’re Sick?
- Mold In Your House Can Worsen A Candida Overgrowth
- How Can You Reduce Your Exposure To Chlorine?
- Are Antibiotics Overused In Children?
- Can Added Sugars Lead To Depression Too?
- Are These Supplements Making Your Candida Worse?
- If You’re On A Candida Diet, Avoid Aspartame
- How Can Diet Lead To Repeated Yeast Infections?
- Antibiotics And Your Child
- Candida And Oral Contraceptives
- Is There Fluoride In Your Drinking Water?
- Can Artificial Sweeteners Lead To Candida?
- Are Antibiotics Necessary For Your Illness?
- Here’s Why Processed Foods Might Be Damaging Your Health
- 16 Important Ways That Sugar Changes Your Body
- Does Stress Affect Your Digestive System?
- 7 Ways That Alcohol Can Cause Candida
- What Is Stomach Acid, And Why Is It So Important?
- Real stories from our readers
Your experiences of Candida overgrowth. We’ve had hundreds of emails from our readers updating us on their progress. With their permission, we’ve reprinted some of them here.
For more detailed information on Candida and how it can affect your health, check out my Ultimate Candida Diet treatment plan.