Along with a low-sugar diet and probiotics, antifungals are one of the three crucial elements of any successful Candida treatment plan. There are a number of natural antifungals that you can take in supplement form or even add into your diet. These work by breaking down the cell walls of the Candida yeast, and are an important part of your diet.
Popular antifungal treatments include caprylic acid, grapefruit seed extract, garlic and oil of oregano. You can add antifungals into your diet too. For example, coconut oil is a potent source of caprylic acid, and it also makes an excellent oil for cooking.
In the Ultimate Candida Diet treatment program, Dr Eric Wood and I also talk about the importance of systemic enzymes, and how they can be used to break down Candida biofilms.
- Why use antifungals for Candida?
Learn how antifungals fit into the Candida diet, why they are so effective at killing the Candida yeast, and how to choose the best one for you.
- When should I take antifungals?
Readers always ask us when they should take their antifungals, and whether it should be before or after the probiotics. Find out the answers here.
- Is it OK to take probiotics and antifungals at the same time?
Are there any negative effects from taking probiotics and antifungals at the same time? Find out here.
- Candida-Fighting Foods
Discover the top ten foods for fighting your Candida.
- Using coconut in your food
Coconut is a great source of the antifungal caprylic acid, and there are lots of ways to use it in your food.
- Candida Support
Candida Support is an antifungal manufactured by NOW Foods, that contains six powerful antifungal herbs.
- Oil Pulling For Oral Thrush
Oil pulling, either with coconut oil or with olive oil, can kill the yeast in your mouth and eliminate oral thrush.
- Are Prescription Antifungals Becoming Less Effective?
- Probiotics And Antifungals: Take Them Separately Or At The Same Time?
- The Pros And Cons Of Using Prescription Medications For Candida
- Why Is There Alcohol In Supplements?
Natural Antifungal Treatments
- Aloe Vera
- Black Walnut
- Caprylic Acid
- Coconut Oil (other health benefits of coconut oil)
- Ginger As An Antifungal
- Ginger In Traditional And Modern Medicine
- Grapefruit Seed
- Olive Leaf Extract
- Oregano Oil
- Oregon Grape
- Pau d’Arco
- Radish Is A Natural Antifungal Food