Last Update: April 12, 2013
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on www.thecandidadiet.com (Our “Site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use Our Site, subscribing to Our newsletter, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Perfect Health Ltd, and when you report a problem with Our Site.
• If you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of transactions you carry out through Our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to Our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for Our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to Our advertisers. This is statistical data about Our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help Us to improve Our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. Some of the cookies We use are essential for the Site to operate.
a. Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to navigate through Our Site and use its features, such as accessing its secure areas. Without these cookies services you have asked for cannot be provided.
b. Performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use Our Site, for instance which pages users go to most often, and if they get error messages from pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a user. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how Our Site works. By using Our Site, you agree that we can place these cookies on your device.
c. Functionality cookies. These cookies allow Our Site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as commenting on a post. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. By using Our Site, you agree that we can place these cookies on your device.
d. Targeting cookies or advertizing cookies. These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the software operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website, and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organizations.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from Us or which We feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on Our Site, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to Our Site .
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
If you are an existing customer, We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where We permit selected third parties to use your data, We (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want Us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please check the relevant box situated on the form on which We collect your data.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to Our advertisers, but We may provide them with aggregate information about Our users (for example, We may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in London). We may make use of the personal data We have collected from you to enable Us to comply with Our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of Our group, which means Our subsidiaries, Our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. We may also disclose your personal information to Our associates, affiliates or Our licensors.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Perfect Health Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask Us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Us via our Contact form.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Our Site is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 18 (Child). We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from any Child. You acknowledge that we cannot accurately verify the age of our users nor do we have any liability for not undertaking to do so. If you are parent or legal guardian who suspects their Child is attempting to use Our Site, please contact us immediately to remove your Child’s information. We will ask you to provide identification to confirm that you are indeed the Child’s parent or legal guardian.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you. You have the right to remove your data, to update it or to correct it. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting Us via our Contact form.
DESTRUCTION OF DATA
You data may be destroyed by Us, based on Our internal retention policies. It will be retained by Us for only such period as is required to fulfill the original or directly related purpose for which it was collected.