Zuchinni Breakfast Casserole

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Breakfast Zuchinni Breakfast Casserole

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lucylu 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

MyButterflyEffect
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 12

Zuchinni Breakfast Casserole

Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
    Serves: 4

Ingredients

* 2 Cups Cooked meat, I used shredded chicken
    * 1 Zucchini peeled using your Julienne peeler to make them like noodles
    * 1 Red Onion, diced
    * 4 Cloves of garlic, minced
    * 8 eggs
    * 2 Tbsp Basil
    * Salt and Pepper to taste
    * 4-6 Pieces nitrate free bacon

-Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
    -Saute your onions and garlic until your onions start to caramelize and then turn off the heat
    -In your mixing bowl, combine eggs, cooked meat, shredded zucchini, basil, and salt and pepper and mix well
    -Once mixed add in your sauteed onions and garlic and mix well
    -Grease your 9×13 Inch baking dish using oil of your choice, I used olive oil
    -Pour your mixture into your baking dish and place in the preheated oven and cook for 30 minutes or until cooked through and passes the toothpick test. I baked mine for 30 minutes and then finished it for 3 minutes under the broiler on high to brown the top
    -Once you place your casserole in the oven, start your bacon on the stove top and cook to your liking
    -Cut casserole and serve with a slice of bacon on top.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing. I’d leave the bacon off personally as I’m still on stage 1. Don’t think it needs it anyway… should be plenty tasty enought without!

I’ve been meaning to try a similar bake with tinned wild salmon and spinach. I’ll report back once I’ve tried it – I figure it would be a handy thing to have sliced in the fridge and be able to take a slice with you for a handy lunch?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Lucylu wrote: Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing. I’d leave the bacon off personally as I’m still on stage 1. Don’t think it needs it anyway… should be plenty tasty enought without! I’ve been meaning to try a similar bake with tinned wild salmon and spinach. I’ll report back once I’ve tried it – I figure it would be a handy thing to have sliced in the fridge and be able to take a slice with you for a handy lunch?

Hello, Lucy. Good to hear from you again. I see you’re simply looking at recipes instead of questioning a condition concerning the Candida, that’s excellent news as far as I’m concerned.

Please keep us posted as to your progress when you have a chance.

Able

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hi Able,

Thanks for your note… I’ve been still touching base with the site but have been very busy with the kids & hubby at home all day for 2 weeks – we get really long Christmas holidays here! Quite interrupting my web surfing!! To be honest, I’ve been uncomfortable with the tone recently on the main boards so have chosen not to post. Shame. I’ve been doing well though… might post in the next couple of days of my progress.

Lx

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Zuchinni Breakfast Casserole’ is closed to new replies.