A great way to start your morning is with an avocado. This super-nutritious fruit is rich in potassium, fiber, and healthy fats. And now you can make it a highlight of your day with our delicious, easy-to-prepare Avocado Mousse!
Bright, refreshing, and full of flavor, you’ll love its creamy and light texture. It’s a simple mousse with minimal ingredients: creamy avocado, tangy yogurt, and a zesty kick of lime or lemon juice. And don’t forget a garnish of low-sugar berries, coconut flakes, nuts, and seeds.
Not nearly as sweet as most fruits, avocados are a good choice while following the Candida Diet. When shopping for avocados, look for ones that yield slightly to pressure when squeezed. A splash of lime or lemon juice perfectly complements the fruit and also keeps the light-green flesh from darkening.
This simple Avocado Mousse recipe makes one serving, but feel free to double or triple the recipe. You can share it with family or friends for breakfast, as a snack, or as a special, extra-healthy dessert. Enjoy!
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, plain yogurt
- 4 Tbsp. canned, full fat coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lime or lemon zest (organic lime or lemon if possible)
- Stevia to taste
- Fresh blueberries
- Toasted sliced almonds
- Hulled pumpkin seeds
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, add avocado, unsweetened plain yogurt, unsweetened canned full fat coconut milk and lime or lemon juice and zest. Pulse the ingredients until smooth, sweeten with stevia to taste.
- Place mousse in a serving dish or glass. Garnish with fresh blueberries, toasted sliced almonds, hulled pumpkin seeds and unsweetened coconut. Enjoy for breakfast or an afternoon snack. Avocado Mousse also makes a nice, light dessert.
This mousse is full of healthy fats, protein, and a few complex carbs. It’s just the kind of filling, balanced, super-healthy meal that’s perfect for the Candida diet. Our Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 100 gluten-free, sugar-free recipes just like this, plus lots of valuable advice on symptoms, treatment options, and more. Find out more here.
Beat your candida in 60 days with this detailed 5-step program
If you're looking for a more comprehensive Candida treatment plan, check out the Ultimate Candida Diet program, written by Lisa Richards and Dr Eric Wood. This plan is based on the latest research into Candida Related Complex, and contains everything you need to know to beat your Candida overgrowth.