yogart

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  RobyRob 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

stevenboehland
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

The avoid food list says to avoid almost all dairy except ghee, butter, kefir, and probiotic yourt. Milk contains lactose, but in yogurt most of the lactose disappears in the process. I have a yourt that is organic with only cow’s milk that is from grass fed cows and 5 live probiotic cultures in the ingrediants. It is plain. On the label is says it has 11 grams of sugar in each serving. Does that mean not to eat it or it is ok? I’m confused………….steve

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 148

Probably it’s something individual. I use homemade goat yogurt.

Banshee
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

I’m concerned about dairy intolerance, so I will likely either ferment my own coconut yogurt or try goat or sheep’s.

I found a commercial brand of sheep’s yogurt, which is expensive, but has impressive nutrition: http://66.165.136.124/yogurt_facts.html

Less sugar, more calcium, less allergenic.

Banshee
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

Also, you could always halve the serving size, if you are concerned. Maybe start with 1/4-1/2 cup of yogurt for a while and see how you feel?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Goats milk is more or less safe for the diet for most people but I would include it later in your treatment vs. beginning.

-raster

RobyRob
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 55

They probably added sugar later for better taste. Avoid it. I make yogurt at home from organic goat’s milk.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘yogart’ is closed to new replies.