Yeast infection during cleanse?

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Yeast infection during cleanse?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Rachel_Healing
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 2

I finally decided to do the detox now that I am at a place with work where I can afford to be “down” for 10 days. I am only on day 2, but I’m wondering if anyone has experienced a worsening in tongue coat or a yeast infection early into the cleanse? Is this normal? Also, is carbonated water okay? Stevia? I’m doing the “easier” detox.
    Any personal stories about tongue coat or yeast infection would be appreciated!

HumbleGeorge
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

I think this is very normal yes. Remember you are irritating the the yeast overgrowth, this means it is working. Unfortunately things gets allot worse before it gets better. Just don’t quit.

It is very important to get rid of the sugar intake even fruits. Also introduce coconut oil into your diet it has been proven that coconut oil is as effective as chemical candida controlling medicine.

Good luck!

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Heard carbonation isn’t good.

Rachel_Healing
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 2

Thanks for the encouragement George. This cleanse is brutal. I have brain fog, feel spacey, aching sides, numb limbs, ringing in the ears. I have been eating seaweed, salad. Everything off the list, coconut oil, Pau de Arco. You name it. I was planning for 10 days. Let’s see if I can make it! I am craving all the good stuff: cheeseburgers, cake, whiskey, pizza, cupcakes.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

The theory I heard was that since candida can metabolise ketones, ketosis can actually exasperate yeast infections. You’re also likely to experience a drop in immunity and metabolism during a cleanse. Die-off should involve symptoms of toxicity rather than raging thrush or something. Another thing I’ve heard from multiple sources is that it becomes more pathogenic when deprived of glucose, but I don’t know where the evidence is (hearsay sucks). I’m not sure what evidence the cleanse itself is based on and whether it outweighs the effects on metabolism.

If you’re feeling so awful, you might want to start with the normal diet. Abrupt changes in diet aren’t without risks, and many of your symptoms could be unrelated to candida. You might want to go easy on the seaweed if you’re eating a lot too. It’s high in iodine which, could potentially cause symptoms if you’re deficient or if the levels go too high.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Yeast infection during cleanse?’ is closed to new replies.