xylitol!!!

This topic contains 18 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Doggiemama 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

katemurphy83
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 11

I hate Stevia! I think the taste is horrible.
    Have you all tried xylitol?? It is awesome! Not to mention all the health benefits it has. If you google it and read a couple of articles you will be amazed!
    I just bought a bag of granulated xylitol, and xylitol mints and gum. I plan on getting the xylitol toothpaste for myself and family. And looking forward to baking with it when I get to stage 3!
    Has anyone else tried it and loved it? Kate

melissamarievan
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 8

I agree, xylitol is soooo amazing! I don’t know why everyone isn’t using it instead of sugar. Except that it is more expensive. Seems like the logical choice to me…..Did you order your products online? I got the free sample from the Xyla website. LOVED it! The mints were the best. Your post stated my thoughts exactly! I use Stevia when I’m out of xylitol. Mel

Pattinoo
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 50

I have xylitol gum and was wondering if I can use it during the cleanse. Cam xylitol be used during the cleanse?

katemurphy83

Mel,
    I didn’t buy it online. I bought it at a little health food store. I would probably be cheaper to order online somewhere..maybe?? I’m going to look into that..
    Definitely makes those Quinoa flakes go down easier in the morning..haha

I’m really not sure about the cleanse and the gum..I discovered the gum and mints about a week in..and starting using them..

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Kate murphy,
    Thanks! I agree! I like xylitol better ๐Ÿ˜€
    Lauren

Hal123
    Replies: 47

I agree too, xylitol is amazing.

I worked out how to make xylitol marzipan today! Tastes kind of like the real thing, and if I coat it with 90% cocoa dark chocolate I don’t get any reactions, and have something that tastes vaguely like a ritter sport bar. Yum.

I’m going to try and make a faux bounty bar next with coconut. ๐Ÿ™‚

rose8marie
    Topics: 8

I’ve heard that xylitol is not good for the diet!
    “Xylitol is a wood alcohol which normally has the same effect as regular alcohol. In addition, xylitol is not recognized as a G.R.A.S product by the United States (Generally Recognized As Safe for consumption) whereas Stevia has been a G.R.A.S. product since 2008.
    Some Candida sufferers receive a Candida reaction from xylitol, which is no doubt a reaction to the alcohol, plus it can cause severe diarrhea in some.”

(quoted from a post by Able900)

Don’t want to disappoint, just trying to save you from possible reactions to it!

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

I hate STEVIA. its horrible.

I tried the xylitol and its better.

I can say..I used some vanilla that had alcohol in it and it sent me over the edge. But in just using the Xylitol, i had no effects from it. So i cannot feel a comparison.

I also had some molydbenum that has alcohol in it..again sent me over the edge.

So I will continue to use it. I have to have something sweet..this is my only option.

Jeremy
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Xylitol tastes good. The only kind of stevia I’ve had, had some form of sugar in with it as well, and it still tasted pretty bad, so I cant imagine just plain stevia tasting good.

I would think that for me being on sugarless diet and not having anything sweet, I would jump at using xylitol often, however that’s not the case at all. It never sounds good, and I never care to use it. Which makes me think the yeast hates it, as I still crave other sugary junk.

Doggiemama

Jeremy, thats a good perception. ๐Ÿ™‚

I think xylitol in small doses would be ok. i would definitely say its a test food. Although Able says no to it and Raster’s is yes. Me, i am on the yes side since it seems to be my only choice of something sweet. and i just like my sweets. I am not having those sugar cravings though like i was now. thank God..although i do miss a good piece of choc cake and glass of cold milk. So i think since I am not having those cravings..something is working. That might be a good indication to me that the candida is trying to take over.

Doggiemama

ok…been reading on this..

i found this from the wikipedia on xylitol:

Candida yeast

A recent report suggests consumption of xylitol may help control oral infections of Candida yeast; in contrast, galactose, glucose, and sucrose may increase proliferation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xylitol

๐Ÿ™‚

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Doggiemama wrote: A recent report suggests consumption of xylitol may help control oral infections of Candida yeast; in contrast, galactose, glucose, and sucrose may increase proliferation.

The same article also states, โ€œAs with other sugar alcoholsโ€ฆโ€ This means that it also has a chance of contributing to the survival of Candida albicans.

Do you really want to trust wikipedia when it comes to treating your Candida infestation?

Able

Doggiemama

I have looked at that article over and over and I am not finding where you said it can cause Candida. It only states what I posted above.

Not here to argue with you on it..Just see what I am reading.

Other websites state the same. Just saying…..

Doggiemama

on another note..has anyone heard about Organic coconut Sugar? sounds much better than xylitol..

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

I believe Able is trying to say that sugar alcohols may feed the candida. Hence, it’s best to be avoided. Personally, I wouldn’t risk it. I use stevia sparingly, and that just about does the job. We all need to start weening ourselves off from sweet foods.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘xylitol!!!’ is closed to new replies.