Would this be more beneficial?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Would this be more beneficial?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

catlover345
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 43

I read this comment somewhere “Try blending your plants to make a smoothy. This way you break open their protective pockets to get to the nutrients. We don’t chew our food well enough to break open the pockets of the plants, thus we don’t get the full nutrients”

I keep reading here about ‘chewing food well’.. would this then, putting the vegetables in a blender be much better?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

catlover345 wrote: .. would putting the vegetables in a blender be much better?

Yes, or a juicer.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

It is a good way of eating raw veggies. Cooking breaks down their fibre, enzymes, antioxidants and other nutrients. I tried one once but it was pretty horrible. Maybe I need to experiment a bit more.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Able900 wrote:

.. would putting the vegetables in a blender be much better?

Yes, or a juicer.

Would we not loose a lot of enzymes building up in the mouth? Is the work of chewing not more important than working it thru a blender drinking smoothies?

// Thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Yes thomas, getting natural digestive enzymes from chewing your food is very important. If you simply drink your food you won’t excrete any or little digestive enzymes which won’t break down the food as well as possible. Dr. Mcoomb’s has covered this before and feels that smoothies concentrate the sugars found in foods and that it doesn’t aid digestion which is very important while on the diet.

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Would this be more beneficial?’ is closed to new replies.