working exercise back in

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice working exercise back in

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tlentz1108 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

tlentz1108
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 36

Hi everyone,

I have felt better since being on my own version of the Candida diet with supplements for almost five months. Sorry, but I came into this forum after the fact and so I have not followed Able or Raster’s protoccol. Though I am curious about their protoccol and would like to see a copy of their plan to see how it compares to what I came up with that worked for me.

Despite this and after many trials and errors of my own I do feel 90-95% better. I am still following my diet and occasionally challenge it with foods such as green apples, quinoa, brown rice and a potato now and then. So far, I haven’t had any kind of reactions and feel fine. I don’t plan on splurging on these foods, but am glad to be able to eat something normal and be able to go out to eat one a week with a few more options now.

My one lasting problem is my energy level. I use to be very active working out, walking, biking, hiking, swimming, kayaking, skiing, gardening, etc. I have recently been trying some of these activites in the past month only to be very disappointed and depressed over being totally wiped out after trying to do these at even a very light basic level.

I am going to assume that I am still suffering from adrenal fatigue and some lingering problems. Anybody experience this? How did you work back to becoming active again and building up your stamina? Should I be taking something to help?

Thanks for your input,

Teresa

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I am curious about their protocol and would like to see a copy

The protocol that Raster and I designed is on the forum.
    Candida Protocol

I am going to assume that I am still suffering from adrenal fatigue and some lingering problems. Anybody experience this? How did you work back to becoming active again and building up your stamina? Should I be taking something to help?

Our protocol is designed to build your adrenals and strengthen your immune system.

Able

tlentz1108

Thanks Able,

I guess my problem is that I came onto this forum well into my own program and I don’t know where I would be in comparison to your protoccol. I felt that I needed some support and since I made my way often by trial and error, I’m sure that it doesn’t match up.

I will tell you where I started. The typical symptoms over probably 20 years include: acid reflux, allergies, asthma, frequent urinary, bladder and kidney infections, IBS type symptoms (possibly Cecliac), acne, migranes, insomnia, foggy brain, forgetfulness, frequent colds, respiratory infections, sinus problems, food allergies and/or intolerances, and most recently in Jan 2012 I was hospitalized for choking, vomiting, becoming dehydrated and having severe stomach pain and bleeding from an ulcer. I ended up having a strictures in my esophagus that is diagnosed as Esosinophic Esophagitis (EE).

This was the last straw and I was tired of the doctor’s and meds which didn’t ever address the cause, just the symptoms. After researching the internet, I started the following Jan 26, 2012:

1)Taking mastic gum, l-glutamine, manuka honey and dgl. This did heal the ulcer and helped with acid reflux, but I was still very sick and could not tolerate gluten and dairy products. Stopped these, except for the l-glutamine. Took a multi-vitamin until I understood that there was good reason to not take these. No longer needed anti-acids.

2)Started a Candida/Leaky gut diet. Not quite like yours, but probably similiar enough and it did help me. Even though it was helping, I still was feeling pretty bad and had many gut and IBS symptoms. Extremely fatigued, no energy. Allergy symptoms got better, didn’t need to take allergy meds or inhaler anymore.

3) Took Paragone in an attempt to kill the candida and parasite (didn’t understand that you can’t kill them off totally or cure it this way at first). This did clear my bowell and killed off a good amount of candida and parasites, but after taking this for a month, it lost it’s effectiveness b/c I didn’t understand the necessity to rotate antifungals and I still was infested. Still pretty fatigued, but not quite as bad. Headaches and insomnia getting little better. Lost 20lbs in two months.

4)During this time I also started taking a pre & probiotic called Syntol which despite some things that I know you don’t agree with in the ingredients(but I wasn’t aware of at that time) did help me and noticed alot of die off. Stopped taking this after 45 days, and started another probiotic “10” strain 50 billion+ per day without those ingredients. Started having less gut and IBS symptoms. Felt like my digestion and stools were getting better.

5)Also started taking various herbal teas with different herbal antifungals and rotated them. Started eating garlic, taking coconut oil (8 softgels at first, then 5T of ex vir org cold pressed coconut oil a day), oil of oregano, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, jalapenos, etc. Changed over to using celtic sea salt only. Began taking milk thistle to help with liver. Noticed some more die off, lessened as I went along. Skin better, no more choking and vomiting spells from the EE.

6)Began taking following vitamins and supplements:

Carlson cod liver oil softgels – 4 per day (includes Vit A & D3)
    Super Fishol softgels – 4 per day
    Vitamin A – 5000IU 2x day
    Vitamin C – 1000mg 3x day
    Vitamin E – 200IU 2x day
    Vitamin B complex – 50mg 2x day
    Zinc – 50mg 1x day *stopped taking this recently
    Niacin – 50mg 2x day
    Thiamin – 100mg 2x day
    Calcium Citrate – 500mg 2x day
    Magnesium Citrate – 250mg 2x day

7)Most all symptoms gone, only noticiable symptom was still a slightly white coated tongue. Changed toothpaste and started oil pulling about 4 weeks ago, and mouth, gums and teeth have improved. Did have a reaction the first time I did the oil pulling with excessive sneezing and mucous drainage, then got better. Energy getting better, less fatigue during day, and sleeping better at night. Weight has stablilized.

8)In past month, I have tried to increase my exercise since I totally stopped b/c wasn’t able to exercise due to extreme fatigue and no energy. This is my last area that I still don’t have the stamina and energy to exercise. Looking for ways to work this in and build back up.

Anyway, this is what I have done over the past almost five months and where I came from. I know that it is not your protoccol and I would be curious where you think I fall in your program. I obviously don’t feel the need to start over as I feel pretty good, but I would like to know what if anything you think I should change, adjust, delete, add, and my chances at having cured or almost cured this beast.

Many thanks,

Teresa

Wendy
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 18

Ok so I understand that this protocol helps, but I guess a bit of workout at the gym won’t hurt anyone, right?
    I want to get back in shape. I can’t sit all day and do any type of physical activity.

Able900
    Spectator

tlentz1108 wrote: I guess my problem is that I came onto this forum well into my own program and I don’t know where I would be in comparison to your protoccol. I felt that I needed some support and since I made my way often by trial and error, I’m sure that it doesn’t match up.

Hello, Teresa.

Following your own protocol will probably build your adrenals in time; of course you’ll need to continue consuming high doses of a good probiotic since the flora in the intestines make up 70% of the immune system; because if your immune system isn’t in good condition, this will make it more difficult to build your adrenals since the adrenals are part of the immune system as well and of course all the different parts are connected by the immune system itself. Also, since adrenal fatigue is partially caused by a compromised digestive system, the beneficial bacteria can help to correct this problem in time. Personally, I would want to vary and alternate the probiotic with different brands and strains; I would also be consuming kefir on a daily basis.

Of course with our protocol, you wouldn’t be consuming honey (even manuka) because honey in general contains about 80 to 84% sugar in the form both sucrose and fructose. This makes it stronger than regular cane sugar as far as the sweetness is concerned. Both starches and all forms of sugar can weaken the adrenals because the sugar actually causes a shock the adrenal cortex. There are arguments against this, but there are also many arguments in favor of leaving all forms of sugar out of the picture when attempting to build the adrenals; personally, since there is plenty of research showing that the adrenals can be strengthened without honey, I would simply choose to avoid it.

Our adrenal protocol is a lot like yours, but it also includes Pantethine, a dimeric form of pantothenic pantothenic acid (B5) adaptogenic herbs such as Ashwagandha and licorice root.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

Wendy wrote: Ok so I understand that this protocol helps, but I guess a bit of workout at the gym won’t hurt anyone, right?
    I want to get back in shape. I can’t sit all day and do any type of physical activity.

If you’re still working to cure your Candida infestation, this means you’re also still working to build your adrenals and immune system. Part of the treatment is to obtain as much rest and sleep as possible. This necessarily excludes any strenuous exercise. For this reason, walking and mild swimming are recommended. Of course this means that a gym isn’t needed unless the gym has a swimming pool or you need a treadmill for the walking exercise.

Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

tlentz1108,

Have you ever had any testing done? If you can’t tolerate gluten and your digestion isn’t perfect, you should be treating the stuff like cyanide. It can take months to recover if gluten is the problem, and even a trace amount can prevent the intestines from completely recovering. If you’ve developed leaky gut, which sounds likely given the allergies, you’re at risk of the auto-immune diseases that wheat can cause. In fact, I’d be testing thyroid function as a priority, because it’s at risk as long as wheat toxins can enter the blood, and any dysfunction can cause a catalogue of escalating symptoms.

What Able said about diet, digestion, supplements, rest and immunity shows that adrenal fatigue is probably a symptom of poor health rather than a cause of anything itself. The adrenals respond to the signals they’re given. If they’re not pumping out enough cortisol, there must be a reason behind it. Taking a holistic approach is the best way to get to the bottom of it. I do think a hormone profile would give you some interesting info if you haven’t already had one done though. In the meantime, I’d avoid ketosis and strenuous exercise because these require large amounts of cortisol and disadvantage the thyroid.

tlentz1108

Thanks Able & Javizy,

I only took manuka at first as part of a treatment to heal my ulcer and kill h pylori. This was a priority at first when I got out of the hospital. Then after I was sure that my ulcer was gone and the h pylori at least in control, I stopped taking this b/c of the sugar.

I will take the advice to rotate probiotics. I am almost out anyway, so will pick some up at Vitamin Shoppe. I prefer ones that don’t need refrigeration necessarily, but can use any I guess.

Yeah, I know that my thyroid was effected as well as my adrenals, digestive system, neurological, etc. I also had high blood pressure and sugar spikes and drops often. These have improved also under the protoccol. I don’t have any confidence in the doctors in my area and quite frankly I’ve given up with the traditional routeafter 20years of following every advice, procedure, and prescribed medication which never has gotten me anywhere. I’m not going to spend anymore money on tests and doctors, unless I am having an urgent or emergency.

Well, I am going to go kayaking and bicycle riding this weekend with my family, but I’m going to take it easy. The water isn’t particulary challenging and the trails are mostly level. I’m only going to go for a half day of exercise each day instead of the full days that I use to do.

Thanks for your advice & thoughts. Have a great weekend.

Teresa

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I just wanted to mention that the adrenals (for me) were the last thing to get healed, and this is one of the things that will take the most time to heal. You’ll likely be able to heal leaky gut before the adrenals.

As far as dealing with low energy…I give it my all for some of these strenuous activities but I try to limit myself on how far I push myself.

For instance, my main outdoor activity is hiking. I try to do 2-4 miles hikes instead of 5+ miles hikes…those will tax me too much. Even washing my car and waxing it as taxing; I try to put it off until the good weather comes around here lol. Gardening was one of the few things I could do early on but it was tough because of the molds found on the plants. Its all about finding a balance and slowly pushing yourself a tiny bit more.

-raster

tlentz1108

Hey Raster,

Yeah, I have tried pushing exercise the past month. Before this my main exercise was walking during the worst part of treatment. I found hiking to be difficult, mostly because my area is mountainous and trails can be challenging even if short. Though I love to hike, I think that it might be best if I continue the basic walking for now. Even the biking isn’t too bad if it’s mostly level,can coast some when tired. Swimming is another exercise that I think I can do without taxing myself too much, even if it isn’t the kind of swimming I use to do.

Going to also check out some of the other supplements that Able mentioned (Panththine and ashwagandha). I am getting licorice root in one of my herbal teas and I still take DGL chewables(without sugar) on occasion if I have some throat irritation. I will check out the suggested doses on the licorice root, I’m a little concerned about licorice with my past history with high blood pressure.

Thanks for the support,

Teresa

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘working exercise back in’ is closed to new replies.