wild rice

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

muldoonie
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

i see that wild rice is on the list of “foods to eat”; how much & how often can this be eaten during the stage 1 diet? thanks.

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

muldoonie wrote: i see that wild rice is on the list of “foods to eat”; how much & how often can this be eaten during the stage 1 diet? thanks.

Don’t have too much in the early stage, it can feed candida.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

muldoonie wrote: i see that wild rice is on the list of “foods to eat”; how much & how often can this be eaten during the stage 1 diet? thanks.

My advice, not more than once or twice per week small serving. If you can do without in the early phase of treatment, that would be better.

Arijana

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

I would avoid it and have buckwheat groats instead. Cook it the same way. U can get bobs red mill or from whole foods market.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

We have a different strict version of the websites food list that doesn’t allow rice. Rice is high in starch and contains some sugar. I would eat it 1x per week at the most and eat buckwheat most of the time instead. Eventually when you are stronger you can handle rice without any drawbacks.

One thing I’ve noticed with rice is that I cannot digest it very well. So when this happens, it ferments in the gut and candida feeds on it.

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘wild rice’ is closed to new replies.