Why do I have belly distension / bloating (see picture)?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Why do I have belly distension / bloating (see picture)?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

IBUK
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

For the past two years I have been having a pregnant-like stomach after every meal. I should also mention that this bloating started when I had a gastric balloon put in, and because of the balloon, whenever I ate my belly would become really big. When I removed the balloon, however, this problem continued.

A few months ago I started noticing that my tongue looked whiter than normal so I googled it and candida came up. My doctor agreed and gave me topical cream to put on my tongue which didn’t really work.

I never imagined that Candida could cause stomach bloating but after some googling today I found that this could be a result of candida in the gut.

I should mention that I am on a low-carb diet (Paleo diet) and as I lose more weight the more extreme the contrast is between my body and stomach.

What do you guys think — is this a result of Candida?

Should I ask my doctor to prescribe me Diflucan?

Any other advice?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I wouldn’t blame bloating on candida by itself, it could be caused by other things such as liver health, other bugs, etc.

If you want to get rid of the bloating, I would try out s. boulardii which is a yeast probiotic. The most popular brand is floraster. Within 1-2 days your bloating will go away.

-raster

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

4 Most common causes: SIBO/SIFO(including candida), Parasites, low HCl(stomach acid), constipation/slow transit time.

IBUK

Ok, so I’ve started taking 600mg Caprilic Acid and Probiotic (which includes s. boulardii) once a day. I think the bloating might have gone down a bit, or maybe it hasn’t.

But one thing has changed, my skin is itching me so badly that I want to take something sharp and scrape my first skin layer off — it tingles all over. I am scratching vigorously as I type this.

What is causing this itching? Will it go away with time? Please advise.

raster
    Participant

The itching is caused by die-off toxins released by dead bugs and candida. Do you have a detox plan?

-raster

IBUK

Detox plan?

I eat healthy (+no sugar) and drink matcha tea which is high in antioxidants.

Should I be doing more?

raster
    Participant

When you kill candida it produces hundreds of toxins which then damage your internal organs such as liver and kidneys. If you do not protect these organs, they will have to be healed seperately from my experience.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx

If the toxins recirculate within the body then you will feel bad and develop flu like symptoms or worse.

-raster

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Why do I have belly distension / bloating (see picture)?’ is closed to new replies.