why cant I handle my probiotic any more

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions why cant I handle my probiotic any more

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

bighopes
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 24

I have been on nystatin antifungal for two months – stopping and starting to combat the ongoing effects of die off. I had started the bio care acidophilous for a month before this, however just recently Ive decided I’ve been suffering too many die off effects and stopped everything completely for a week. Then started back on nystatin with very small doeses. But now that Im trying to re-introduce the acidophilous, I am finding that its just topping me off again and sending me into that very weary fatigued anxious heartbeating and highly irritable place, the die off zone. What should I do? stay off probiotic or reduce nystatin again and try to incorporate the acidophilous and why is it that I seem more sensitive to these now than I was before ?

any advise welcome

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

It’s possible that you are taking other things which makes the overload, such as kefir or yoghurt, or too many antifungal foods you are consuming (onions, garlic, oregano, olive oil, coconut oil, rutabaga…) I was not careful and increased kefir (doubled it to almost a quart per day) too rapidly so I also noticed at that point that my probiotic triggers a die-off as within an hour after taking it I was a mess. Then one day I overdosed on antifungal food items and crashed with major die-off. I stopped everything and then started slowly to add it back. So if you are drinking yoghurt or kefir, stop. Throw out all of the antifungal food items. Rest for few days until symptoms go away, then reintroduce just the probiotic and be careful of antifungals in your diet (think about what you eat and what is an antifungal). Once you are fine with probiotic, add the yoghurt/kefir back slowly. Then go back to the antifungals, also slowly.

I now am back on my probiotic and am back on small cup of kefir per day. No antifungals (besides olive oil for cooking or cooked garlic) for now until I am sure I’m stable again.

Are you taking molybdenum amino acid chelate for the die-off? If not, you definitely should include that as no matter what you do, you will have some die-off sooner or later and die-off is quite damaging to your organs, especially kidneys and liver.

bighopes
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 24

Thanks Okra for that, I seem to be so sensitive to everything and to start cutting out olive oil, coconut oil onions etc would be another blow to the already restricted diet but I will go more carefully. I haven’t been taking Keifer but I was taking probiotic natural yoghurt and every so often would eat loads of coconut chips, so I know I have to really go easy on these trigger foods just like you say, as I have just been feeling horrendous nearly nonstop and its not worth it.

I cant find the molybednum in my local healthshop but i have milk thistle so maybe I should try that, I was just trying to not take any more of anything medicinal really.

What about herbal teas: peppermint, nettle and camomile, could they possibly contribute to the die off and what about the coconut bread ? would it be a trigger possibility?

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

All of the herbal teas were causing a die-off reaction for me so I cut them out for now. Also, I noticed that coconut bread was causing a die-off for me as I do not have access to the real flour but am making it out of coconut crumbs used to make cakes and cookies (you know the stuff you see on the outside of Rafaello cookie). I tried grinding it which produced a lot of oil coming out so I realized that with my coconut bread I am getting a solid amount of coconut oil as well. I am just careful with the amount of coconut bread I eat. You should too. I think it is suggested to start with one slice first, then increase to two and finally up it to three and you should stay at three slices per day. If you start getting “funny”, roll back a little.

Watch out for garlic, don’t use much olive oil, just what’s needed for cooking. If you can tolerate ghee and have access to it, replace or reduce the olive oil until you can tolerate more. I tolerate butter well so I use a mix of both most of the time for my coconut bread etc. Watch out for oregano as well. I was pouring it all over my food as I liked the taste but finally realized that it contributes to die-off in larger amounts when combined with other foods such as garlic, olive oil etc. Cut out everything that might cause die-off and then when you feel better, you add one by one thing slowly. You start getting die-off, roll back a little immediately. And don’t touch rutabaga until you killed off enough of the candida, I had a larger piece with some other antifungal foods and I thought I was going to die from the die-off it caused.

For me it’s fairly easy now to recognize die-off. Up to an hour after eating die-off causing food, I start feeling dizzy, my heart starts pounding etc. It’s important for you to learn to recognize die-off so that you can pace your self slowly.

I think Milk Thistle just protects the liver, not necessarily flushes the toxins out of it (someone correct me if I’m wrong please!). If you can get molybdenum from US (you can also order online: http://www.iherb.com/Douglas-Laboratories-Molybdenum-100-Tablets/37174?at=0) I would strongly suggest you do. I think Nettle and Rosehip teas are good antioxidants but I can’t tolerate them yet. Also vitamin C helps, check out the vitamins section of the forum for the maximum dose you can take (spread out throughout the day).

Hope this helps and good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘why cant I handle my probiotic any more’ is closed to new replies.