Why am I so constipated with what I am eating? Please help!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Why am I so constipated with what I am eating? Please help!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  doublek 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

thesixsaint
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

So kind of new here although I have been lurking for a while trying to piece together what to do/what to eat, etc. I have a diet plan and I have my antifungals and all that but I am always constipated and I don’t know why, although I have searched for answers on the forum.

I have been eating literally just romaine lettuce with a squeeze of lemon, some olive oil and black pepper + an avocado for breakfast, pan fried chicken with a few spices like red chili pepper for lunch and dinner and blueberries for a snack. That’s literally it. I want candida gone once and for all so I can live normally so if that’s how I have to eat to kill it then I am determined. BUT I am so constipated. I am drinking tons of water because of all my supplements so I don’t know why I am experiencing this issue, as I know it’s not good because the candida + other toxins in my body are not being eliminated and that’s the opposite of what I am trying to do.

If anyone has any advice, please help! Is it even normal to be constipated on this diet? Should I be taking something in addition to all my supplements to help this issue? I’ve read a ton about avoiding psyllium husk so I am not gonna do that, but is there anything else I can do for this or is it just something I have to live with in the killing phase?

Thank you!

doublek
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 46

I just developed the same problem a couple of weeks ago. I’ve been treating candida for a while and never was constipated. If anything, I was going to the bathroom too much. What I recommend is slippery elm. I’ve been taking 800mg (2 pills) of slippery elm https://www.iherb.com/pr/Now-Foods-Slippery-Elm-400-mg-100-Capsules/796 everyday for about a week now and everything seems to be going smoothly. Slippery Elm also has the added benefit of reducing inflammation in you intestines.
    What I noticed when I was constipated is the exact same thing as you. If felt terrible, my headaches were worse. When I finally did go to the restroom, things improved dramatically. It makes sense though, when candida dies it produces even more toxins that when it was alive. You need to get rid of it and fast.
    You may have to order the slippery elm capsules online (I did). So if you need immediate relief, do what I did, just go to the supermarket and buy an herbal laxative tea (one with senna). I was using that for a few days until the slippery elm arrived.

thesixsaint
    Participant

doublek, thank you! It’s such a relief to know that I’m not the only one – I thought it had to do with not enough fibre/too much chicken in large amounts in my diet. I’ve read about slippery elm and was hesitant to try it but I had no idea that it could help in reducing inflammation in the intestines as well, I will definitely be getting some of that. Thanks again!

doublek
    Participant

Thesixsaint, you are not alone! That’s why I decided to join here, I think it helps to have support from other people going through the same thing. You are right, by being on a low-carb diet, you probably are not getting enough fiber. That’s why I think slippery elm is great, it has natural fiber and it doesn’t have the risk of dependency that you would get from using laxatives. It took me a few days to figure out why I was so constipated all of a sudden and how to fix it. Also, I initially took too much slippery elm. Sometimes you just have to try different things and see if they work.

thesixsaint
    Participant

doublek, for sure – there is so much info out there that half the stress of having this and going about getting rid of it is figuring out what you can and can’t actually eat + the supplements and antifungals on top of that, so the support is amazing. That was actually another concern of mine – I don’t want my body to get used to things like digestive enzymes and such so it’s great to know that slippery elm doesn’t have the risk of dependency.

You mentioned that you have been treating candida for a while – how is that going for you? What is your diet like? Do you think you’ve almost gotten rid of it?

doublek
    Participant

thesixsaint, If you want to read about my story, its here https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forums/topic/my-story-2/. The diet I try to stay on is basically cuts out anything high in sugar and all other carbs I try to eat in moderation (you can’t cut them out completely). I still have a bowl of oatmeal in the morning, a couple slices of bread, etc. But no big bowls of pasta, french fries, baked potatoes, and certainly no cake, candy, ice cream, or sugary drinks.

I haven’t heard of digestive enzymes causing a dependence. I far as I can tell, they are very safe. I’ve been taking candex for a little over a month now and think its helped a lot. For the past week I’ve felt pretty good, so I think the candida is on its way out, but I still have oral thrust so I know its not gone yet. I don’t plan on pulling back on anything I’m taking until that clears up and I have no idea how much longer it will take.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Why am I so constipated with what I am eating? Please help!’ is closed to new replies.