Where's all the success stories?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Where's all the success stories?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  hope4eva77 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

beezy
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 7

not to sound harsh…but i’m finding very few stories of success here. anybody have an update as to their progress? or what kind of shape you were in when you started the protocol? how youre feeling now?

or what caused you to have a candida overgrowth?

or how do you know for sure if its just candida albicans and not a combination of different bacteria, parasites, viruses, boogey monsters? did any of you get tested or are we self diagnosing here?
    if you did get tested, what company did you use?

everyone is different…how do we know that a one-size fits all approach will work for everybody?

how do we know that the dizziness and fatigue and brain fog and low blood sugar is from die-off and not from starving ourselves to death and hurting the function of our adrenals and nervous system?

this is in no way, shape, or form a stab at able, raster, or any of you other wise men….its very kind of you all to share your knowledge and time to help others in this insanity. just some questions i had floating through my head.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here are some:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm14080_Testimonies-of-Success.aspx#post14080

Orka recently gave us her update and she is on the road to progress.

In my opinion, there isn’t a one size fits all approach because we all have our own version of candida caused by different factors. We all have different symptoms.

I’ve recently reached a great milestone in my progress and feel really good. I haven’t had any die-off for over a year and when I cheat, I feel no symptoms other than constipation.

A lot of people who get better never come back to tell us about it, there are over 4000 members on the forum and probably only 200 are “active” right now. I’ve been wanting to contact some of the oldies recently and maybe we can compile a list of updates on how everyone is doing.

What’s going on with you and why are you feel insane right now?

-raster

beezy
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 7

just having a rough time with the diet and everything. cant survive on just eggs and veggies….its interfering with my job….my energy. i have a high stress restaurant job with lots of running around and stress…..might need to maybe get a desk job to do this. what do you do for work raster?

i have all this inflammation in my gut, that moves around. it moves to my prostate, then back to my gut, then to my left kidney, then my right kidney, then to my gut, etc. would like to make this go bye bye.

what caused your candida? did you ever get tested, or just go off of symptoms? my problems started with cipro, a powerful antibiotic that really messed me up.

also worried i might be developing allergies to eggs already. gonna have to eat my old diet until i can get some tests done to see exactly whats going on with me. feel lost diagnosing myself.

im about to get a comprehensive blood test, food allergy test, adrenal test, and a stool test done. gonna be pricey but at least i’ll have some direction then.

wasnt trying to be negative with my post. just curious as to how many people have achieved some level of healing through your protocol. it makes sense…..you guys obv know your stuff…just wondering if theres another way to do it without starving myself….which i think has made me worse off than just eating crap foods.

great to hear your doing well man…you should be proud. im sure its been a long road for you…..cant wait til i get there too. peace.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Don’t you eat meat? I eat meat, veggies and eggs. My complaint now is bloating and that’s all. Haven’t had a sinus infection, a cold, or bad acid reflux since starting the diet 3 weeks ago. Plus the antifungals, I have energy back, yet it is very frustrating with all the diets. I stick to chicken, turkey, veggies and now coconut butter instead of almond butter. It’s not the strictest but I’m starving myself as is

RayzelLam
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Thanks.. I am also trying to find some good stories sometime to inspire me.

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

Beezy,

I understand completely. I used to eat whatever I wanted, never gained weight and now I’m SO restricted. My husband gets to eat what he wants as I watch, it’s really infuriating. I’ve been on the diet almost four months now and during the week of my birthday I totally cheated on my diet every single day. The result was me sobbing in the bathroom from having the most painful UTI of my life. All of my symptoms returned, including the brain fog. My husband had to run out at midnight to get me some Azo (pain reliever). I couldn’t even walk! Immediately I got back on the diet and about a week later I felt a lot better.

Everyone is different on these diets I guess. I personally can NOT function (I don’t care what anyone says) with eating veggies and eggs all damn day long. I need real food and plus…I’m not used to eating like this. In my culture we eat rice or bread with EVERYTHING and I’ve been eating like that since I was a baby. So I do eat a lot of meat: mostly (organic as much as I can)chicken, salmon and bison once a week. Also I give myself permission to cheat like once a week. Last night the family and I went out for Greek and I got a gyro. Told them to omit the french fries and give me more salad instead, but I did eat one piece of pita bread. Try to change up your menu, be more creative. For example, instead of eating white rice like I’m used to, I eat a tiny bit of black rice with my ethnic dishes. It actually tastes pretty good.

I think the problem with tests are..they don’t detect candida problems. I got a blood test done and the results were normal; my doctor told me that Candida only affects AIDS patients.

Good luck! I know this is a pain in the ass, we’re all struggling.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Angel29, that’s amazing that your doctor said that candida only affects aids patients. Most doctors are very uneducated with candida. Most doctors probably don’t want to know that antibiotics can cause candida …it might hurt their profits/business. Think of all the business doctors would lose if people knew how much damage antibiotics can do.

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

Totally and when I was taking antibiotics for repeated UTI and YI, I asked my doctor..”aren’t antibiotics bad?” He said, only if you take them for very long periods of time. I understand that sometimes you can’t avoid taking them, but doctors don’t advise you to take a PRObiotic and eat yogurt when you’re on an antibiotic. Like many people, I was just naive.

raster
    Participant

Here’s my blog posts updated every month:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst818_Candida-diet-blog-post-from-month-2-to-1-year-3-month.aspx

and here’s my story:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst819_Just-about-the-biggest-epic-fail-candida-story-you-ve-ever-heard.aspx

I’ve taken pretty much every single antibiotic that exists. I used to get strep throat every month for a period of time when I was young (which is a parasite) and had to rotate antibiotics to treat it. This never worked so I ended up getting my tonsils and adenoids removed and I never had it again. This of course never dealt with the imbalance of flora in my gut and I never took probiotics afterwards to introduce beneficial flora to my gut.

Later, as I started to become a teenager who smoked and drank every moment possible and endlessly partied in college, my health slowly declined until I lived in an apartment that had high levels of mold. I was out of work for 2 years during the worst part of the recession so I did not leave my apartment much because I was looking for a job 6 hours a day and doing online training. Eventually I started to have seizures nightly during my sleep and then one day I felt absolutely awful after cleaning my apartment. There was mold spores covering everything I cleaned and this got into my body and led to a further imbalance.

Then I had a 9 month pathetic attempt to get better, which did work some, until I started seeing a naturopath who really turned me around.

I would look at widening your diet so that you find more things that you like to eat. Millet for instance is prebiotic food widely used in africa and you can make all sorts of things out of it. Teff is also a popular prebiotic grain from africa that has tons of nutritional properties and over 200 strains of bacteria; you can make bread out of teff. Buckwheat is a seedlike semi-grain grown throughout Russia and China and throughout the world. It is a prebiotic and is a great replacement for rice. You can make buckwheat pancakes, buckwheat bread, buckwheat oatmeal, and regular buckwheat that is like rice.

If you want to try out eating rice…black, wild, and red rice are the best options because they contain less sugar when compared to other types of rice and you are less likely to be allergic to these types of rice.

Eggs should not be a main staple of the diet; I recently reduced eggs and started to heal much faster. My naturopath says that they have antigenic properties which protects candida and prevents it from being destroyed. I agree with this statement after trying my recent experiment.

I would try to eat as much veggies as possible and consider trying to eat 2 salads per day. I use annie’s salad dressing which contains 4g of sugar per serving, and even though this feeds candida, it allows me to consume salads which is very important. Rutabaga for instance is a great potato replacement and tastes pretty good once you get used to it. You can even make rutabaga french fries.

There is a lot to discover in the veggie world, and not eating veggies is one of the reasons I am here in the first place. I used to not eat any veggies at all every day of the week almost.

-raster

jameskep
    Participant

Raster, that’s interesting that the naturopath said that eggs have antigenic properties which protects candida. Did he or she say what is in the eggs that contributes to these properties?

I have a very hard time with eggs as well. They seem to cause intestinal discomfort and make me lethargic.

raster
    Participant

I have no additional info james, and have been unable to verify his statement other than my own trial and error. He stated that duck and goose eggs are allowed but not chicken eggs.

-raster

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

no chicken eggs ,i thought organic eggs were ok ? i love eggs cant take them out when im struggling, let me know ? i completly understnad ur frustration i watch hubby and my fam eat whatever and have to cook for them and then separate for myself i cant wait till i have energy cuz this is killer !im praying i get better fast cuz this is tough and i work a high stress job as a nurse aid in a hospital ,coffee and baked goods is what my coworkers survive on !they do coffee runs regularly its frustrating !i have been bringing celery and almond butter to work and sumtimes coconut bread and homemade soup ,im getting depressed with all this im trying so hard !

jameskep
    Participant

Wikipedia explains a little bit on eggs containing antigens. Maybe these antigens can cause sensitivities with people that have a overactive/hypersensitive immune response. Immune system response to these egg antigens could cause some brain fog/other symptoms?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_allergy

raster
    Participant

I think you are on to something james…I couldn’t find much information but here it is!

-raster

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

@raster,

Don’t you like olive oil and organic apple cider vinegar on your salads? Don’t really see the need for using Annie’s salad dressing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Where's all the success stories?’ is closed to new replies.