Where to start?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Where to start?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ajourni 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

ajourni
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 7

I’ve been browsing around on the main site for a few weeks, and ordered some things I’ll need for the cleanse (bentonite, apple fiber, and garlic capsules–I’ve already been taking GSE and probiotics.)

Then I started browsing the forums a few days ago, and learned that there was an alternative method. I don’t know which to do. I’m hoping the main site one will suffice, because my budget won’t allow me to order any more supplements this month…and I don’t want to wait.

For multiple reasons, I’m pretty sure candida is what’s been causing my extreme fatigue and intermittent nausea. I tried the South Beach diet about 6 months ago (thinking maybe a carb addiction was causing the problems) and I felt great…until I began adding the carbs back in. But if I don’t add them back in, I lose too much weight.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
    Ajourni

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Ajourni.

I know it’s confusing, but if you’ll stick to the forum instead of trying to use both the site and the forum you’ll be less confused.

Read the protocol linked below that the forum members are using, also the cleanse on the forum. The products that you’ve purchased can be used with the forum’s protocol. This is the protocol that the members are using and making improvements in their infestation.

Have you been on another Candida diet or are you now on one? If you’re just now about to start the cleanse or the diet, you should completely stop taking the GSE and probiotics until you’ve been on the diet for a while. Read the links below for more information.

The Protocol

A Simple Cleanse

Candida Diet

Let us know if you have questions after reading the information.
    Able

ajourni

Thank you so much for the reply…and also for all the info on the forum.

The products I’ve purchased are all by NOW Foods: Bentonite Powder, 1500 mg Garlic Oil softgels, and Apple Fiber Powder. Do these seem appropriate? Is the Apple Fiber a reasonable substitute for the chia?

It seems like I’d be all set, except for the molybdenum. I checked at two health food stores today, and couldn’t find it. I’m hoping not to have to wait to start until I order another product, not to mention I’m going way over my budget. This evening, I’m going to see if I can find the others mentioned (Alpha lipoic acid (ALA), n-acetyl cysteine (NAC), and glutathione.) If I can’t, do I need to delay starting until I can obtain something? The only thing else I have mentioned is Epsom Salts for the bath!

Again, thank you so much. I actually have some hope now that I won’t feel lousy and exhausted all the time! My physician has found “nothing” wrong.

-Ajourni

ajourni

Also, forgot to mention that for some reason, the link to “the Protocol” isn’t working for me. Is there another link to try? Thank you.

Able900
    Spectator

Ajourni, sorry about the link, I’ve corrected it so you can try it again.

ajourni wrote: The products I’ve purchased are all by NOW Foods: Bentonite Powder, 1500 mg Garlic Oil softgels, and Apple Fiber Powder. Do these seem appropriate? Is the Apple Fiber a reasonable substitute for the chia?

The supplements sound fine, however, you should stop taking all of the supplements now and you can go straight to the cleanse or the diet as soon as you have Molybdenum and depending on whether or not you choose to skip the cleanse. Don’t take anything other than Molybdenum or Milk Thistle on the cleanse other than the detox supplements.

It seems like I’d be all set, except for the molybdenum. I checked at two health food stores today, and couldn’t find it.

If you’re in the United States the Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate is pretty easy to find. The Vitamin Shoppe chain stores carry this as well as many other independent vitamin and health food stores.

This evening, I’m going to see if I can find the others mentioned (Alpha lipoic acid (ALA), n-acetyl cysteine (NAC), and glutathione.) If I can’t, do I need to delay starting until I can obtain something? The only thing else I have mentioned is Epsom Salts for the bath!

You don’t have to purchase Alpha lipoic acid (ALA), n-acetyl cysteine (NAC), and glutathione just yet unless you have the money and just want to. You shouldn’t take them during the cleanse anyway. You can start those in a couple of weeks. Remember that you shouldn’t start everything at once, that’s a big mistake.

Let us know if you have other questions.
    Able

ajourni

Okay, I’m going to order the molybdenum tonight or tomorrow morning, and I’ll start the cleanse three days after I get it. I’ll be using the Alternative Diet.

I’m a little confused about the difference between the cleanse, and the diet. Does this sound right to you?

-Take molybdenum for three days
    -Begin cleanse

8:00 One glass of water
    9:00 Lemon water
    10:00 Steamed or sauteed veggies (in coconut oil, if allowed); molybdenum
    11:00 Detox Drink, glass of water
    12:00 Lemon water
    1:00 Steamed or sauteed veggies; molybdenum
    2:00 Glass of water (or lemon water)
    3:00 Lemon water
    4:00 Glass of water (or lemon water)
    5:00 Steamed or sauteed veggies; molybdenum
    6:00 Detox drink, glass of water
    7:00 Liver flush drink

(Is coconut oil, salt, and pepper allowed on the veggies during the cleanse?)
    In case you’re wondering why I scheduled everything down to the water, I’ve done a one-day fast before, and I found that I wasn’t very hungry as long as I have something–even water–every hour.

-Stay on cleanse for a week or two, depending on symptoms (I presume when you stop feeling symptoms, you’re ready to move on?), then you’ll progress into the “Diet” phase by slowly adding other foods such as eggs and yogurt, and probiotics and antifungals.

Am I correct in all this? Thank you SO much for your help!
    -Ajourni

Able900
    Spectator

Steamed or sauteed veggies (in coconut oil, if allowed); molybdenum
    (Is coconut oil, salt, and pepper allowed on the veggies during the cleanse?)

Don’t use coconut oil at all during the cleanse. If you do the cleanse for at least seven full days, you can start the organic virgin coconut oil when you start the diet. You can use extra virgin olive oil with your vegetables during the cleanse and take a few teaspoons during the day as well.

Sea salt should be eaten daily, and pepper is fine as well. Himalayan sea salt is preferable to other types, but if you can’t find this, a good grade of sea salt will work. Be sure to check the ingredients; it should read ‘sea salt’ period.

In case you’re wondering why I scheduled everything down to the water, I’ve done a one-day fast before, and I found that I wasn’t very hungry as long as I have something–even water–every hour.

Water should definitely be taken in every hour, this is standard procedure with a cleanse since it can help to keep the die-off toxins washed from your kidneys.

-Stay on cleanse for a week or two, depending on symptoms (I presume when you stop feeling symptoms, you’re ready to move on?)

Not necessarily. The symptoms can continue for quite a while; it all depends on the degree of the infestation and die-off.

then you’ll progress into the “Diet” phase by slowly adding other foods such as eggs and yogurt, and probiotics and antifungals.

You have the strict diet and protocol; make a copy of the diet and protocol both and use the diet as a shopping list when you shop for food. Consult the protocol so that you’ll know when you can have certain foods. For example, when you first complete the cleanse there’s no point in purchasing the Greek yogurt at that time because you shouldn’t eat it for several more weeks. It’s very important to stick to the schedule as far as when to add which foods.

Able

ajourni

Okay, while I’m waiting for the products I ordered to come in (molybdenum, Swedish bitters, and Vit. A&D–I already have Vit. C, Cal/mag, and Vit D3), I’m trying to come up with a plan here that includes a cleanse and transitions into the diet. I’m using the Alternate diet for my plan, but I’m having a hard time pulling it all together. Mostly, there’s a few things you can start at two weeks, and I figure it’s not a good idea to start them all on the same day. I think. Tell me if I’ve made any mistakes, please. If so, I’m not deliberately ignoring anything on the protocol, just have a hard time putting it in a day-to-day format correctly.

The molybdenum I ordered comes in 150 mgs, so I had to improvise to gradually get to 750 mg.

Day 1: Molybdenum, 1 capsule 1xday (=150mg) Vit C, 2 (500-mg) tablets 3x day
    Day 2: Molybdenum, 1 capsule 1xday + 2 capsule 1xday (=450 mg) Vit C, 2 tablets 3x day
    Day 3: Molybdenum, 2 capsule 2xday (=600 mg) Vit C, 2 tablets 3x day
    Day 4: Molybdenum, 1 capsule 1xday + 2 capsule 2xday (=750 mg) Vit C, 2 tablets 3x day

Day 4:
    8:00 One glass of water
    9:00 Lemon water
    10:00 Steamed or sauteed veggies (in olive oil, salt and pepper); molybdenum (1 cap) (bitters?), 2 VitC
    11:00 Detox Drink, glass of water
    12:00 Lemon water
    1:00 Steamed or sauteed veggies, molybdenum (2 caps) (bitters), 2 Vit C
    2:00 Glass of water (or lemon water)/Nettle tea
    3:00Lemon water
    4:00 Glass of water (or lemon water)
    5:00 Steamed or sauteed veggies, molybdenum, (2 caps) (bitters), 2 Vit C
    6:00 Detox drink, glass of water
    7:00 Liver flush drink
    8:30 Hot soak in Epsom Salts

Days 5 – 6:
    Same as above, plus 1 organic egg a day

Day 7: Same as above, add coconut oil to food

Day 14:

Same as above, but two organic eggs a day and one serving of salmon a week (look for org. chicken)
    Trial homemade yogurt, increasing until desired amount per day

Day 17:
    Add GSE or Garlic, increase coconut oil

Day 19: Same as above, add probiotic

Day 21: Add Vit D3, Vit A&D, Cal/mag, increase serving to 2 salmon or 1 salmon/1 org. chicken, trial a test food

Also, what should I do meanwhile? I’ve don’t want to sit here and binge on carbs and sugars while I’m waiting. I’ve been trying to eat mostly veggies, meat, yogurt, and nuts/seeds while I’m waiting to actually start. Does that sound okay?

Thanks again for all of your extremely valuable help! You and Raster should write a book!

-Ajourni

Able900
    Spectator

ajourni wrote: Also, what should I do meanwhile? I’ve don’t want to sit here and binge on carbs and sugars while I’m waiting. I’ve been trying to eat mostly veggies, meat, yogurt, and nuts/seeds while I’m waiting to actually start. Does that sound okay?

Very good, Ajourni. It looks like you’ve done a fine job at condensing the protocol and diet.

While you’re waiting for your supplements to arrive, I would cut out one item every day. For example, one day you could eliminate meat and substitute with chicken, the next day along with the meat cut out half of the amount of nuts and seeds you’re eating.

Able

Julie2012
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

This forum has been SO helpful! But there is a lot of information and it can become overwhleming- and sometimes I miss things.

I’ve just started the cleanse this morning. I’ve eased my way into it, slowly weeding out the problem foods, then moving into mostly veggies and today I plan to day begin the cleanse. But I just noticed that the molybdenum is supposed to be taken 3 days BEFORE the cleanse. I was going to go purchase some today (if I can even find it in a store.

Since it needs to be taken 3 days prior, should I just wait and start the cleanse once I start taking the molybdenum, or would it be okay to start taking the molybdenum even though the cleanse has started.
    I’m pretty ansty to get this thing started and get my body on track, so I’d rather not wait, but I want to do it right.

Also want to thank ajourni for posting that schedule- very helpful and I will borrow it for my cleanse/diet.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Taking molybdenum today should be OK…I wouldn’t get too worked up about it. It should be available at most vitamin shoppe stores.

-raster

Julie2012
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Great. Thank you!

ajourni

You’re welcome, Julie. I’m so new here, I’m glad something I did was of help! Especially after the tons of help I’ve been getting.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Where to start?’ is closed to new replies.