Where to keep the probiotics?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Where to keep the probiotics?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Where do i keep my expensive probiotics best in the fridge or in the freezer?
    I had them in the fridge because I thought I would use them quickly. But as I noticed I need to take it slowly with them looks like my case kicks in with violent die-off. I am planning to take a one week break and see if I feel better and then slowly coming back to them.

cheers
    Thomas

Thomas

none?

🙁

cheers
    Thomas

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

I don’t know for sure, but my fear is that if you put them in the freezer, won’t it kill the probiotics?

I got to thinking that with frozen yogurt the other day.

Thomas

kirstyk4 wrote: I don’t know for sure, but my fear is that if you put them in the freezer, won’t it kill the probiotics?

I got to thinking that with frozen yogurt the other day.

That I too thought but then they wrote too that they mail out the probiotics with a freezer??

cheers
    Thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

When they mail probiotics, they have to keep them cold with dry ice or something similar. They use some kind of refrigeration product.

This however does not mean you should keep them in the freezer. Keep them in the fridge only!

Probiotics can go bad if you leave them unrefrigerated. They will turn a dark brown color when they have been killed off or are old.

-Raster

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

I don’t know about long term storage but the probiotics I have indiacte on the container whether the need refrigeration or not.

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

I’ve had to start ordering smaller bottles of products that I’m taking. Over the past couple months, seems like I am THROWING AWAY money by ordering large bottles of meds/vitamins because I am constantly learning what I can/cannot do. I have a small cabinet full of stuff that I’ve purchased, then learned does not work or actually feeding the candida…so I’ve stopped taking it.

Now, when I’m trying something new, I try to order a smaller bottle to give it a try. I know I can always order more later. Ordering the smaller bottle might be more expensive at first, but I would rather do that then waste money.

Best of luck!

Kirsty

Thomas

Hi guys,
    thanks for taking part here in the Thread.

A quick update! I called up the company here in Sweden and they in turn contacted the American producer and he said it is fine to freeze them.

cheers
    Thomas

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Where to keep the probiotics?’ is closed to new replies.