Where Is My Candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Where Is My Candida?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  candida_sucks 5 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Albicant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

I’m a 50yr male and suspected Candida victim. I read several books and websites so am familiar with most of the protocols. However I have not read anything regarding these issues anywhere:

1. Does Candida reside mostly in the small intestine or large intestine?
    2. If it does reside in the large intestine, how does it survive? (since all sugars are already absorbed in small intestine).
    3. If it does reside (and thrive) in the large intestine, how do the antifungals such as garlic, oregano, caprylic, coconut, rutabega reach that destination? Aren’t they digested and absorbed by then? So are these antifungals only effective in the small intestine?

Thanks for any insight.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Albicant;53320 wrote: I’m a 50yr male and suspected Candida victim. I read several books and websites so am familiar with most of the protocols. However I have not read anything regarding these issues anywhere:

2. If it does reside in the large intestine, how does it survive? (since all sugars are already absorbed in small intestine).
    3. If it does reside (and thrive) in the large intestine, how do the antifungals such as garlic, oregano, caprylic, coconut, rutabega reach that destination? Aren’t they digested and absorbed by then? So are these antifungals only effective in the small intestine?

Thanks for any insight.

1. Large intestine (colon)
    2. All sugars ARE NOT digested in the small intestine. Partly yes, bacteria and yeast finish the job in the colon.
    3. Yes, anti-fungals will reach the colon. But like you said, possibly less potent then they were in your mouth.

Peter
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

Albicant;53320 wrote: I’m a 50yr male and suspected Candida victim. I read several books and websites so am familiar with most of the protocols. However I have not read anything regarding these issues anywhere:

Thanks for any insight.

Candida reside in the entire gastrointestinal zone. It’s present mostly in the small intestine from what i’ve red because participate in the important assimilation of the sugar via a process that helps the intestine to digest the nutrients. Normally it shouldn’t be present into the faeces and it can reside in the mouth in a very small percentage.
    Anyway candida must survive for the health of your body because it is a very important citizen of your gut. The overgrowth of candida must be avoided but your goal shouldn’t be to destroy it. You just need bring it to a reasonable quantity that allow your body to live in balance with it.

Floggi
    Replies: 425

Well said, Peter!

If I may add my single cent, even if you succeed in destroying all of your candida, you will quickly be re-infected. The reason is that candida is carried by everyone, and it’s on everyone’s skin too. Go out on the street once, and you’ll have re-acquired candida.

Albicant

Thanks for the replies, but there appears to be a conflict between the posts. So for now I can’t tell if I’m to focus on the large or small intestine. And not sure if eating herbals will help if it’s in the large. So I’m thinking to try taking herbals via backdoor colonic/enema? But if they are in the small then it won’t work. I guess I’ll wait to see if anyone else has a clue what to do.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It exists in your whole digestive track from your mouth to your stomach to your colon. It also exists on our skin. If you were to kill all of the yeast in your body, you would die; we need candida to live and function!

-raster

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

Thanks for any insight.

1) From The Missing Diagnosis by Orian Truss, MD: “Candida may invade the tissues of the intestinal tract at any level from mouth to rectum, and lead to symptoms that are characteristic of the infected site.” There is another passage, one that I can’t locate at the moment, where he says that much of it resides in the colon. I also remember Dr. Trowbridge saying in The Yeast Syndrome that candida will spread in the colon, especially.

2) In the colon, it’ll eat any leftover carbs. Candida Albicans is also dimorphic — it has a yeast form and a mycelial form. The mycelial form will actually dig into your tissues to look for food if the colony is not getting enough nourishment. Both forms of C. Albicans produce metabolites that are toxic to the human body (reference here), and thus both forms can be pathogenic.

3) Yes, as far as I know they are mostly absorbed in the small intestine. This is why holistic MDs like Truss and Trowbridge would give patients Nystatin. Nystatin is not absorbed into the bloodstream and thus will travel all the way through the GI tract, killing candida in the colon. Though it’s a prescription antifungal, Nystatin is actually a natural substance.

Pay no attention to raster when he says we need candida to survive. The notion is pure nonsense. The scientific literature shows that both forms of C. Albicans are toxic to the human body. While we can’t be completely free of C. Albicans, we can reduce its numbers to the point that we can regain our health. Here is a nice quote from Dr. Trowbridge, MD:

You might live your entire life with yeast growing as a minimal part of your intestinal flora. Such an accommodation simply means that your immune system has been able to manage the organism’s presence and cope with its toxins. You are a fortunate combatant in the perpetual struggle between humankind and Candida Albicans.

The people in this forum are not so fortunate… we have an overgrowth of this evil crap.

Cheers,
    CS

Floggi
    Replies: 425

Candida is a fact of life. It’s on us, it’s inside us. Whether that’s good or bad, there’s nothing we can do against it.

In this respect, candida is very similar to the E. Coli bacterium. That bacterium is also on us and inside us, and there’s nothing we can do about it.

E. Coli may overgrow and then cause nasty symptoms. But in small amounts (which, as mentioned, are unavoidable), E. Coli is known to actually help keep the immune system healthy in a delicate balance. Too much E. Coli is bad, too little E. Coli is just as bad.

Like E. Coli, Candida may overgrow and then cause nasty symptoms. I do not know if Candida, in small amounts, actually helps us stay healthy like E. Coli does. There are many contributors to this forum who state that Candida too is actually necessary for a healthy digestion and a balanced immune system, but I’m frankly not so sure if there is solid scientific support for this opinion.

Anyway, Candida is not evil by itself. Overgrowth is bad. Normal amounts are unavoidable, and they are either just a fact of life (neutral to our health and well-being), or they are even necessary.

candida_sucks

Floggi;53866 wrote:
    Candida is a fact of life. It’s on us, it’s inside us. Whether that’s good or bad, there’s nothing we can do against it.

In this respect, candida is very similar to the E. Coli bacterium. That bacterium is also on us and inside us, and there’s nothing we can do about it.

E. Coli may overgrow and then cause nasty symptoms. But in small amounts (which, as mentioned, are unavoidable), E. Coli is known to actually help keep the immune system healthy in a delicate balance. Too much E. Coli is bad, too little E. Coli is just as bad.

Like E. Coli, Candida may overgrow and then cause nasty symptoms. I do not know if Candida, in small amounts, actually helps us stay healthy like E. Coli does. There are many contributors to this forum who state that Candida too is actually necessary for a healthy digestion and a balanced immune system, but I’m frankly not so sure if there is solid scientific support for this opinion.

Anyway, Candida is not evil by itself. Overgrowth is bad. Normal amounts are unavoidable, and they are either just a fact of life (neutral to our health and well-being), or they are even necessary.

E. Coli as a whole cannot be compared to Candida Albicans. Most strains of E. Coli are harmless and can actually be beneficial by producing vitamin K2. The same cannot be said for C. Albicans. The Axelson study (link in previous post) has already shown that C. Albicans produces up to 78 antigens in its yeast form and up to 79 antigens in its mycelial form. Toxins are toxins. They are bad in large amounts and they are bad in small amounts. It’s just that in small amounts, our immune system can handle them and no disease will be produced in the host.

While we will always have at least a little C. Albicans inside us due to it being ubiquitous in the environment, the assertion that we actually need it to survive is ridiculous. If you or raster wants to claim that a small amount of C. Albicans toxins are necessary for our survival, you are more than welcome to scour the web looking for scientific literature to back your claim.

CS

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Another place candida resides is your mucousal membranes. Your mucousal membranes is where your mucous occurs. This is why I recommend SF722 undecenoic acid because it prevents candida from attaching to your mucousal membranes…

-raster

Albicant

Thanks for the responses. Ok, so Candida is everywhere. So I’m getting from CS that if it’s in the colon then it’s likely to be ‘short on sugar’ so more likely to be excavating the tissues with mycelia searching for more sweets, correct? I tried oral TJ Nystatin for a month and didn’t notice much. I’m now trying coconut oil orally, but don’t see how it can reach the colon from the front door. I also tried caprylic and oregano from the front and I believe it helped a little. I may try garlic from the back door instead just to see what happens. Anyone try that ‘approach’? :O

candida_sucks

Albicant;53918 wrote: Thanks for the responses. Ok, so Candida is everywhere. So I’m getting from CS that if it’s in the colon then it’s likely to be ‘short on sugar’ so more likely to be excavating the tissues with mycelia searching for more sweets, correct? I tried oral TJ Nystatin for a month and didn’t notice much. I’m now trying coconut oil orally, but don’t see how it can reach the colon from the front door. I also tried caprylic and oregano from the front and I believe it helped a little. I may try garlic from the back door instead just to see what happens. Anyone try that ‘approach’? :O

While it loves simple sugars, Candida will eat pretty much anything from what I understand. It’s also a saprophyte — it can even eat dead tissue. You can have both forms of it in the colon. In The Yeast Syndrome, Trowbridge explains that the yeast form will grow quite rapidly if it’s well fed.

What Nystatin dosage were you taking?

The books do mention that antifungal retention enemas can yield results. This is something that dvjorge has talked about quite a bit if you want to search for some of his old posts. He achieved much success with Nystatin retention enemas.

Cheers,
    CS

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Good advice in here:)

Albicant

Thanks CS. I was taking 500k IU/day Nystatin powder. Then I tried Boulardii for a month. I saw only small improvements. Now I’m trying the garlic enemas. I did a search of all the forums for ‘dvjorge’ and no mention of enemas in their posts.

candida_sucks

Albicant;54167 wrote: Thanks CS. I was taking 500k IU/day Nystatin powder. Then I tried Boulardii for a month. I saw only small improvements. Now I’m trying the garlic enemas. I did a search of all the forums for ‘dvjorge’ and no mention of enemas in their posts.

Assuming 1 IU equals 1 USP, 500k units per day is a very low dose. To put it in perspective, Orian Truss, MD would start people at 2 million units (USP) per day and then double the dosage every week until the desired affect was achieved. He would go as high as 32 million units (USP) per day. John Trowbridge, MD started people on 4 million units (USP) per day and would go as high as 16 million units (USP) per day. He said in rare instances he would go above 16 million. William Crook, MD would go as high as 16 million units (USP) per day as well.

I started at 1.5 million units (USP) per day, and had die-off just from that. My real progress began when I went up to 2.5 million units (USP) per day. As of now, I am on 9 million units (USP) per day.

dvjorge’s enema posts are still around. In the “Posted by” field enter “dvjorge”, and in the “posts” field enter “enema”, and it will yield quite a bit.

Cheers,
    CS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Where Is My Candida?’ is closed to new replies.