Where do you get the strenght and motivation to be on this diet?

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Where do you get the strenght and motivation to be on this diet?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  ichigo13 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

MachHin
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Hi candida sufferers,
    This is my first post. I have been on the diet for one and a half month now without touching the foods to avoid. The only exception was yesterday when I ate a chicken sausage. As everyone here knows chicken is allowed on the diet but I forgot that sausages often contain other ingredients. I realized it when I had eaten the first one. : ( 75% of it was chicken and the rest was a form of sugar, mustard and yeast. Did this screw up the diet?

coming back to the topic the diet has been very depressing so far as I love good food and going out for dinner or so. Now this isnt possible anymore and god knows how many months this will take. I could scream…..I cant go out because I can neither drink nor eat anything. This is a nightmare for a food lover like me. No sushi no nothing…..

And also the supplements and other products are so expensive and have cost a fortune so far. The diet blasts a huge hole in my pockets.

Any advice would be great

cheers

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Can’t you go somewhere that serves meat/fish and veg/salad? It can be hard to avoid additives, but things like steak are generally straightforward. Getting stressed about not eating is going to work against you more than whatever you’re avoiding.

MachHin
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

If you order a steak most likely something will come with it right? Like potatoes, noodles sauces and so on. I bet none of the candida sufferers can eat the sauces at the restaurants as they most likely contain butter or something else we shouldnt eat.
    Often the meat is fried in butter as well.
    And aside you dont even know what they use to prepare their meals even if you ask.
    So I decided to not eat out. I think the only thing possible to eat is fish sashimi with coconut aminos instead of soy sauce.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

The only exception was yesterday when I ate a chicken sausage.

I know you don’t want to hear this, but you really should limit meat (chicken included) to about two or three times a week. The reason is twofold; unless you’re obtaining organic meats at each meal, then you’re ingesting hormones and antibiotics every time you eat it. In addition, each time you eat meat or chicken you’re allowing the protein that is broken down to release ammonia into your intestines and stomach which only benefits the Candida providing them with a better environment in which to thrive and multiply.

I could scream…..I cant go out because I can neither drink nor eat anything. This is a nightmare for a food lover like me. No sushi no nothing..

Do you think the rest of the members didn’t enjoy food as well? Try not to see yourself as the only person who loved food and had to go through this, it just might make things a bit easier for you to realize you’re not in that boat alone.
    I didn’t go out to eat and drank water for almost three straight months when I had been used to going out 5 to 7 times a week. After sticking with the protocol long enough to cure the infestation I’m now going out again at least 5 or 6 times a week, sometimes more. But that’s the point, you have to stick with it if you’re going to rid your body of the infestation, otherwise, you’ll just start going around in circles of killing and then feeding the Candida.

And also the supplements and other products are so expensive and have cost a fortune so far. The diet blasts a huge hole in my pockets.

I imagine everyone on the forum has holes in their pockets by now, so again, not alone. Just don’t waste your money on unnecessary products. When you see something you might need, unless it’s on the forum’s protocol, run it by the forum first to see if it would be a waste of money.

Able

cerenurt
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

MachHin, I’m sorry this is so difficult! I’m not sure if what I have to say will help, but I’ll give you some thoughts coming from my own perspective.

First of all, I KNOW how hard it is because I’d been going about 5 years trying to stick to an “ok” diet without sugar or gluten but cheating when I was stressed out, felt social pressure when eating out, or around the holidays. It’s only by some miracle that it’s finally the right time for me to just do it and actually succeed in sticking with it! The hardest part was psychological. Like you, I’ve only been on this diet for about a month, but I think those 5 years kind of prepared me psychologically. It’s either this, or suffer physically like I had been with the psoriasis and yeast infections.

And most importantly, I am SO DETERMINED to get better, that cheating is not even an option now. I’ve mentally prepared myself to accept that it will take at least 6 months, and possibly up to 2 years (or more) for my particular situation. I’ve found that fighting this idea just makes things more difficult. But accepting it, and knowing that in the end I will be healed makes me happy!

I also have a completely different perspective on food now, which helps a lot. I no longer see food as a source of entertainment, which is how food is often seen in our society. Look at all the cooking shows, restaurant meals, how we elaborately prepare meals at home. Not that this is a BAD thing, but it raises our expectations of how a meal should be: beautiful presentation with lots of textures, flavors, and variety etc. Is this really natural for humans? Or are we as a society making food more than what it needs to be? Hmmm… 🙂

Instead, I see food as something to take seriously as a source of nourishment, NOT something that I expect to make me feel good. Food is simply a way to keep us alive and healthy. So now, instead of feeling sad that I can’t eat a cheeseburger and fries because it makes me “feel good”, I feel gratitude that I get to eat at all and not be hungry!

I think another reason I can stick to the diet now is because, having suffered from depression for much of my life, I’m in a much better mental state than I used to be. You can’t really accomplish or be motivated for much when you’re feeling depressed. So taking care of yourself mentally and spiritually is a VERY important part of healing as well. Do whatever you can to TREAT YOURSELF and make yourself feel good whenever possible (that doesn’t involve cheating!) 🙂

I’m not sure if this helps you, but maybe it will help someone who happens to be reading this. *hugs*

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

MachHin wrote: Hi candida sufferers,
    This is a nightmare for a food lover like me. No sushi no nothing…..

You can have salmon sashimi.

Tulip
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 58

For me,in terms of strength and motivation,it’s that I have no other decision! Candida has been a health wake up call for me,even though I was “healthy” before,being vegan and then raw vegan.But I have no other option,no other decision.We are blessed to be alive,and we have to take care of ourselves,be educated,informed and know that we are making the best decisions for ourselves.I recall reading on some website about a person who had Candida who didn’t change their diet for 10 years! And all the complaints about health while the person knew fully that it was the diet that it was causing so much suffering and issues! I refuse to do that,I refuse to ignorant,I have to take care of myself,I’m determined and loving and aware,we MUST be! We must love and care for ourselves and our bodies and health so much.
    I don’t complain about the diet.Last night I made dinner for my family,made a delicious strawberry and carob drink,hummus with sesame oil and mushrooms that right now I am not able to ingest,but so what? All that I am able to feed and nourish myself with I am so grateful for,and I find it derogatory and wasteful to complain about food when millions have no choice in what they eat and the amount they eat.I bless and thank each meal I have.I put LOVE into my food and I know it’s matter of diligence and patience in the long run.
    Blessings and Namaste
    Tulip

ichigo13
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9

I was always motivated to do the diet thinking of the long term benefits Id get from it. Also the reason why I am doing it. My “DESIRE” for my body to be healed made enough strength to do the strict diet and kept me motivated.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Where do you get the strenght and motivation to be on this diet?’ is closed to new replies.