When to go to stage 2 of the diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions When to go to stage 2 of the diet?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

89Mirageman
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 55

I’ve been following stage 1 of the diet religiously for about a month now and I am wondering how will I know when I can introduce more foods into my diet?

My symptoms were cold hands and feet, feeling fatigued after a meal, anxiety, white stuff on my tongue and just feeling bad in general most of the time. I haven’t experienced any of these since the die off part which was about a week into the diet.Its funny how soon you forget these feelings once you start eating healthy and taking better care of yourself.

Not looking to go all out or anything. I just miss my snacks like apples, almonds/cashews and stuff like that. I’ve read that some people test foods to see if they get a reaction, what kind of reaction am I looking for?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

For me it used to be hyperventilation. This later morphed into a feeling that a new forum member best described, “the boiling of your blood.” At a very light level it can be as light as a head change, you just feel different slightly. At the extreme level its hyperventilation. It sorta feels like there is a vacuum sucking on your veins, or almost like the air pressure feeling in an airplane.

Other symptoms that can occur after eating bad foods include gas(bloating), IBS, headaches, tremors/muscle twitches, runny nose, heart palpitations, mucus production, etc.

Remember, not everyone had the same symptoms before the diet, so this reaction symptom can vary; or you might not even have it.

If you feel really great, go ahead and try an apple. You may feel a big sugar rush, it may set you back a little(few hours), but its definitely not the end of the world and your body can handle it. If you were to go onto stage 2; I would slowly add foods that seem safe to you. Save the wheat/grains and dairy for the end.

-Raster

89Mirageman

Just wanted to bump this thread because I have more questions. I have been on the diet for over a month now. I realized (thanks to Able) that the non organic meats that I was eating was causing a delay in the healing of my intestines. I have since cut those out since this past Sunday sticking with only organic eggs.

My question is, will it hurt to introduce things like apples (maybe 1/2 of one a day) and cashews now? Will these feed the candida enough to cause major delays in healing? The reason I ask is because I may be starting a new job soon. Its a pretty active job and I want to be able to have enough energy to get the job done. I feel I just need a little something to get my blood sugar up and give me more energy.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Mirageman, just out of interest which other organic meats were you eating? I’m enjoying my organic chicken and wild fish (every 2nd day) for now but I’d love to introduce something else in a couple weeks time. Was the reaction strong or did it just delay you?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

89Mirageman wrote: Just wanted to bump this thread because I have more questions. I have been on the diet for over a month now. I realized (thanks to Able) that the non organic meats that I was eating was causing a delay in the healing of my intestines. I have since cut those out since this past Sunday sticking with only organic eggs.
    My question is, will it hurt to introduce things like apples (maybe 1/2 of one a day) and cashews now? Will these feed the candida enough to cause major delays in healing? The reason I ask is because I may be starting a new job soon. Its a pretty active job and I want to be able to have enough energy to get the job done. I feel I just need a little something to get my blood sugar up and give me more energy.

I would try about a quarter of a Granny Smith apple in the beginning when adding new foods. The cashews I would hold off until another month has passed. If you receive no reactions, you could eat a quarter of the apple every day for about four days, I’d leave them alone for three to allow your body to cleanse any sugars.
    If you’ve not added homemade kefir or yogurt to your diet yet, or even purchased Organic Non-sweetened Greek yogurt, you could add one of these for extra calories (energy) as well as protein. Also, oat bran bread is a great ‘filler-upper’ and will also help with the energy.

Able

89Mirageman

Lucylu wrote: Mirageman, just out of interest which other organic meats were you eating? I’m enjoying my organic chicken and wild fish (every 2nd day) for now but I’d love to introduce something else in a couple weeks time. Was the reaction strong or did it just delay you?

I was not eating organic meats at all. Unfortunately I am between jobs and just can’t afford to pay $10+ for a chicken. I was just eating regular chicken, turkey and fish from the grocery store. No real reaction times to be honest. I just have a dull pain down in my intestines pretty much all of the time but sometimes it gets a little worse. It never really hurts at all but I can tell that something just isn’t quite right in that area of my body if that makes any sense at all.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Oh sorry, I misread your post. Yep, the organic stuff is pretty pricey here too. the cheapest organic chicken would be €11 – so is that about $15? And you’re lucky to find one that low! I do 2 a week and eat it cold the other days but I have a hungry hubby and 4 kids to feed as well so do free range for them.

89Mirageman

[quote quote=Able900
    I would try about a quarter of a Granny Smith apple in the beginning when adding new foods. The cashews I would hold off until another month has passed. If you receive no reactions, you could eat a quarter of the apple every day for about four days, I’d leave them alone for three to allow your body to cleanse any sugars.
    If you’ve not added homemade kefir or yogurt to your diet yet, or even purchased Organic Non-sweetened Greek yogurt, you could add one of these for extra calories (energy) as well as protein. Also, oat bran bread is a great ‘filler-upper’ and will also help with the energy.

Able

Thanks Able but to be honest I really don’t like yogurt, plus I saw it last night at Whole Foods and noticed it was like $2 per container so that would get quite expensive as well.

Not even sure what kefir is but I’ll do a search on here and find out. I do see it mentioned quite a bit.

Is there a recipe for the oat bran bread? I’ve been eating the coconut bread and I sometimes add buckwheat flour when I make it.

Again everyone keeps mentioning reactions. The only real problems I have/had are cold hands and feet, a little white stuff on my tongue that I assume is/was thrush but it looks nothing like some of the pics I’ve seen on here lately and some anxiety when out in public. Its hard to explain, I just get the overwhelming feeling that I want to go home as funny as that sounds. Are these things that would show up immediately after I eat something that I shouldn’t?

Also let me mention that I have had a weird feeling in my left cheek just under my eye. This has been going on for maybe 6 months. My dentist said that I had an impacted wisdom tooth so I assumed it was coming from that. A few weeks ago I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth cut out but the weird feeling is still there so now I’m wondering if its candida related. I also refused anti-biotics from the oral surgeon but I did take hydrocodone for pain. I didn’t want to but trust me I had to, to relieve the pain from having them extracted. Also I did not take any of my supplements/anti-fungals during this week because I felt like crap.

One more thing, the weird feeling in my cheek followed an ear infection that I had back in April and of course I was given anti-biotics. One round didn’t work so they gave me sterroids as well which shot my blood sugar up and almost made me go crazy. That was probably the worst few weeks of my life. I had the stomach issues before that but was eating very unhealthy and not checking my blood sugar like I should have. I am paying for it now and trying to get my body back in order and healthy.

I will say that I have completely changed the way I eat and went from 210 to 165 lbs. I feel much better and know that I will beat this but like everyone else, it has been a struggle and that’s an understatement.

Oh yeah, forgot to add. My ears used to get really itchy but that hasn’t happened in a while. The fatigue seems to be gone too but I do have a post nasal drip that is aggravating. It seems to be worse after meals which I’m assuming is due to leaky gut or some type of allergy.

89Mirageman

Bump, Able will you read over my last post and tell me what you think?

Able900
    Spectator

Quote: Is there a recipe for the oat bran bread? I’ve been eating the coconut bread and I sometimes add buckwheat flour when I make it.

Reply: You can use the coconut bread recipe and add oat bran, coconut flour, and buckwheat flour as the ingredients. Just divide the three into three parts for the recipe. If you like herbs, purchase a product by McCormick called “Perfect Pinch Savory All-Purpose Seasoning.” Add 1 ½ to 2 teaspoonfuls of the mixture to the flours and blend. You’ll have a great tasting slice of bread when you toast it in the oven or a toaster oven.

Quote: Again everyone keeps mentioning reactions. The only real problems I have/had are cold hands and feet, a little white stuff on my tongue that I assume is/was thrush but it looks nothing like some of the pics I’ve seen on here lately and some anxiety when out in public. Its hard to explain, I just get the overwhelming feeling that I want to go home as funny as that sounds. Are these things that would show up immediately after I eat something that I shouldn’t?

Reply: Cold hands and feet are symptoms of a Candida albicans infestation, so is any type of anxiety or depression. Reactions to Candida or allergies that stem from the infestation can show up as long as the infestation is there, or immediately after eating a food that feeds the Candida, or within the next six hours following eating the food.

Quote: Also let me mention that I have had a weird feeling in my left cheek just under my eye. This has been going on for maybe 6 months. My dentist said that I had an impacted wisdom tooth so I assumed it was coming from that. A few weeks ago I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth cut out but the weird feeling is still there so now I’m wondering if its candida related.

Reply: That sounds like it could possibly be a sinus problem, meaning the Candida could be affecting a sinus cavity. This happens, and it happens fairly often. Of course, it could be something entirely different to be honest.

Quote: One more thing, the weird feeling in my cheek followed an ear infection that I had back in April and of course I was given anti-biotic. One round didn’t work so they gave me steroids as well …
    Reply: Well, both the antibiotic and steroids would have helped the infestation to grow.

Quote: Oh yeah, forgot to add. My ears used to get really itchy but that hasn’t happened in a while. The fatigue seems to be gone too but I do have a post nasal drip that is aggravating. It seems to be worse after meals which I’m assuming is due to leaky gut or some type of allergy.

Reply: It’s good to hear that some of your symptoms are beginning to lesson, great news and a good omen we hope. The nasal drainage can be either a symptom of the Candida itself or it can be an allergy symptom – or both. Are you taking vitamin C, if so how much in a day’s time?

Just try and continue on the path you’re on. Unfortunately, there are times during the treatment when the improvements seem to be stalled, but then other times they can change drastically – for the better.

Able

89Mirageman

I am taking 1000mg of vitamin C at least twice a day and three times when I remember. I believe you recommend the capsules but these are the regular white pills that I had already bought so I wanted to get rid of these first.

Wonder if a netti pot would help with the sinus problem assuming that’s what it is?

Also I picked up some Kyolic 600mg aged garlic extract, is this a decent anti-fungal? However I just noticed it does contain whey but it is free of sodium, yeast,preservatives,sugar,gluten and artificial colors and flavors. I have been taking grapefruit seed extract, eating coconut oil on my organic eggs in the morning and mixing about 3 drops of oregeno oil in my water several times a day. The plan is to substitute the grapefruit seed extract with the garlic for a few weeks but continue the oregano oil and coconut oil.

Able900
    Spectator

89Mirageman wrote: I am taking 1000mg of vitamin C at least twice a day and three times when I remember. I believe you recommend the capsules but these are the regular white pills that I had already bought so I wanted to get rid of these first.
    Wonder if a netti pot would help with the sinus problem assuming that’s what it is?
    Also I picked up some Kyolic 600mg aged garlic extract, is this a decent anti-fungal?

I don’t think I recommended vitamin C in capsule form, maybe someone else did. Tablets are fine for this vitamin as it’s a water soluble vitamin.

A netti pot may very well help relieve the feeling under your eye if it’s a sinus problem.

Your garlic pills should show on the label that they contain “allicin” since this is the major antifungal agent in the garlic.

Able

89Mirageman

Hmm, these don’t mention allicin. But if this is already in garlic would they mention is separately?

monita
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 28

I’m hoping that this is the case too Mirageman as this is the exact garlic pills that I have just bought. I think they should be ok.

Able900
    Spectator

89Mirageman wrote: Hmm, these don’t mention allicin. But if this is already in garlic would they mention is separately?

Garlic, when manufactured in a capsule form, is produced by distilling the garlic extract, and the resulting oil is diluted and placed in a capsules. Unfortunately, this process destroys most of the natural allicin in raw garlic bulbs. Many brands then add additional allicin; these are the brands you want to look for.

Able

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘When to go to stage 2 of the diet?’ is closed to new replies.