When to get colonics?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions When to get colonics?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  dvjorge 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

kitty
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 20

I’m considering going for colonic/s as part of my detox and/or diet. I’m going to start Able’s alternative detox tomorrow (Tuesday)for seven days before moving on to the diet.

At which point should I start colonics? How often should I go and how many days in-between?

I don’t want to make colonics a regular part of my life, but am willing to go to a few sessions initially if it will help.

Thanks

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Colonics are good for quickly removing large amounts of old waste that’s stubbornly stuck itself to the walls of the bowels. Some people carry tens of pounds of this stuff around, and it can take a very long time to remove through diet/supplementation.

If you don’t notice any symptoms of an enlarged colon and don’t have any issues with constipation, you could optionally skip the colonics. There are some drawbacks like the potential of losing beneficial bacteria that inhabit the bowels and other complications.

If you do have bowel issues, colonics could potentially speed up your treatment by regulating your bowel movements and making your bowels more hospitable to friendly strains of bacteria, while at the same time disadvantaging pathogens. A good time would probably be as part of the cleanse. Something like 3-4 sessions within a short period is good for a full cleanse. If you booked a consultation with a therapist, I’m sure they’d guide you through it.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Relating to this, I talked to my naturopath about doing hydrotherapy because I was interested in clearing things out. He said I would need to do it 100-150 times to get my “life force” normalized…meaning its most effective if you do it a whole bunch but not just once or twice.

So I decided not to pursue hydrotherapy. I have no idea if doing a colonic is similar or not, but I believe it is.

-raster

Javizy

raster wrote: Relating to this, I talked to my naturopath about doing hydrotherapy because I was interested in clearing things out. He said I would need to do it 100-150 times to get my “life force” normalized…meaning its most effective if you do it a whole bunch but not just once or twice.

So I decided not to pursue hydrotherapy. I have no idea if doing a colonic is similar or not, but I believe it is.

-raster

Colon hydrotherapy is just a contemporary replacement term for colonic irrigation (maybe it sounds less gross?). I’m not sure what “life force” your naturopath is referring too, but no-one should need more than a handful of colonics to completely cleanse their bowels. Therapists will recommend you get one or two treatments per year for maintenance after the initial cleansing, but that’s probably more of a business recommendation (assuming your diet and lifestyle remain healthy). You’re probably better off asking someone trained in colon hydrotherapy for advice on this matter.

If your naturopath meant that water treatment you get in a bathtub for relieving pain and stuff, then that’s a different treatment altogether though.

kitty

Javizy wrote: Colonics are good for quickly removing large amounts of old waste that’s stubbornly stuck itself to the walls of the bowels. Some people carry tens of pounds of this stuff around, and it can take a very long time to remove through diet/supplementation.

If you don’t notice any symptoms of an enlarged colon and don’t have any issues with constipation, you could optionally skip the colonics. There are some drawbacks like the potential of losing beneficial bacteria that inhabit the bowels and other complications.

If you do have bowel issues, colonics could potentially speed up your treatment by regulating your bowel movements and making your bowels more hospitable to friendly strains of bacteria, while at the same time disadvantaging pathogens. A good time would probably be as part of the cleanse. Something like 3-4 sessions within a short period is good for a full cleanse. If you booked a consultation with a therapist, I’m sure they’d guide you through it.

Javizy,

What are symptoms of an enlarged colon? I do have some issues with constipation due to (treated) Hypothyroid. Occasionally, I also have diarrhea.

My main concern is losing beneficial bacteria. I’d go someplace that has “Angel of Water” and is automated.

3-4 sessions sounds good. Can you tell me what you mean by a short period? By cleanse, do you mean detox? I’m starting my detox/cleanse tomorrow for seven days of just vegetables. Should I do the colonics during this time or during the diet after adding probiotics or should I add anti-fungals then do the colonics and then add probiotics.

Sorry for all the questions, but I find it a little confusing no matter how many posts I read.

I don’t want to ask the hydro therapist because she has something to sell and is very pushy.

kitty

raster,

If they were referring to colonics then, that many sounds dangerous.

Javizy

kitty wrote: What are symptoms of an enlarged colon? I do have some issues with constipation due to (treated) Hypothyroid. Occasionally, I also have diarrhea.

An enlarged colon is exactly what it sounds like. Your bowels will probably feel full and hard to the touch, and you’ll probably suffer with constipation and other digestive symptoms, as well as problems caused by all the toxicity of the accumulated crud.

kitty wrote: My main concern is losing beneficial bacteria.

I can’t seem to find a decent explanation about the bacteria issue. You’d expect a colonic to remove large amounts of everything in there. Dwindling numbers can be reinforced by following the protocol. The question is if it can completely eliminate entire strains of beneficial bacteria in a similar way to antibiotics. It’s extremely difficult to get strains to inhabit your gut once they’re gone. Probiotics offer a means of support, but they’re only ever transient (except in rare cases).

kitty wrote: 3-4 sessions sounds good. Can you tell me what you mean by a short period? By cleanse, do you mean detox? I’m starting my detox/cleanse tomorrow for seven days of just vegetables.

I believe it’s something like two weeks, but I’m sure it’s flexible. Yeah, the detox/cleanse. Some people having the initial series of colonics do a juice cleanse or something similar to help clear the colon as much as possible, so it’d make sense to do it during the cleanse rather than the diet phase.

kitty wrote: Should I do the colonics during this time or during the diet after adding probiotics or should I add anti-fungals then do the colonics and then add probiotics.

It’s strongly recommended you take probitotics around the period of a colonic. I don’t know what to tell you about making it work with the protocol. I’m only at the point of considering them myself. I can’t seem to get rid of the symptoms I mentioned at the top of this post, and removing potentially 20-30lbs of decades-old crud sounds very appealing. Other members have experience with colonics, so hopefully some of them are still around.

If the therapist you spoke to is like that, you might want to look elsewhere. You need to find someone you’re comfortable with who can answer all your questions. It’s quite an “intimate” procedure, so you need to be able to feel at ease.

kitty

Javizy,

Thanks for answering all those questions!

I’m going to go to the pushy person because they have the “Angel of Water” system where you’re pretty much on your own unless you buzz them in. It’s also the most convenient location for me. Otherwise, I agree with you and would rather deal with someone else.

I’m going to follow Able’s alternative detox which I emailed him for a copy. I’m planning on doing the detox/cleanse for one week and then moving on to the forum diet. I don’t think the probiotics are allowed until the diet stage and the probiotics and anti-fungals need to be added one week apart.

I’ve taken two Fluconazole Tablets (150 mg) for a rash on my hand that might be yeast related. I was going to take the Fluconozole until the rash disappears, but for not more than 7 days in a row. So, I’ll be taking the Fluconozole for some of the detox/diet. I know that’s not advised here, but that’s what I’m gonna/need to do.

Maybe I should have the colonics after I’ve finished the Fluconozole and right before I add probiotics? But, I won’t add the probiotics until I’m finished with the detox/cleanse. What do you think?

I see you’re in London, a big city, but there’s a place in Bayswater that uses Angel of Water.

Javizy

If you do go through with it, be sure to let us know how it turns out. Hopefully, someone else can give you advice on managing the probiotics, anti-fungals etc. You could try asking the doctor who prescribed the fluconazole about colonics, but I wouldn’t expect too much from a physician.

kitty

Sure, I’ll update if/when I do it.

My doctor GP/Primary care would not support colonics or the candida diet. He only gave me Fluconozole because a well respected mainstream allergist suspected I have a yeast reaction when in a high mold environment, but I know that what I eat affects yeast too. To my knowledge, I’m no longer in a mold environment.

I think I’ll wait to start the detox/cleanse until I have a better understanding of when to do what. I’m still pretty confused.

But, I’m leaning towards doing the colonics during the detox/cleans and having 3-4 total with 3 done 1-2 days apart and then one or two more within the next week.

If you have a consultation with anyone, will you let me know what they advise?

Thanks!

jereseib
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 32

kitty wrote: I’m considering going for colonic/s as part of my detox and/or diet. I’m going to start Able’s alternative detox tomorrow (Tuesday)for seven days before moving on to the diet.

At which point should I start colonics? How often should I go and how many days in-between?

I don’t want to make colonics a regular part of my life, but am willing to go to a few sessions initially if it will help.

Thanks

Hey everyone, I go in for a colonic every 3-4 weeks while on the program and I can honestly say it helps alot. They have cured my constipation issues. The main thing is candida feeds off the waste in your colon so removing all of that fermenting waste seems very beneficial to me. I dont think you can get the same cleansing properties from just doing the diet/cleanse by itself. Just make sure you are taking probiotics and I dont think you will have any problems.

It is my experience that I usually feel worse for a day or two afterwards(probably due to stiring up a bunch of waste in my body) but then I feel better with more energy a couple days later. My protocol is always to get in the sauna the day after a colonic also as I think it helps to rid your body of all the toxins a colonic can stir up.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

kitty wrote: I’m going to follow Able’s alternative detox which I emailed him for a copy. I’m planning on doing the detox/cleanse for one week and then moving on to the forum diet.

I’m going to follow Able’s alternative detox which I emailed him for a copy. I’m planning on doing the detox/cleanse for one week and then moving on to the forum diet. I don’t think the probiotics are allowed until the diet stage and the probiotics and anti-fungals need to be added one week apart.
    Kitty, just to clarify a few things for you; I posted the “alternate cleanse” on the forum so there’s no need for me to email it to anyone.

This is the link to the detox:
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst997_Proper-and-Safe-Cleanse.aspx

If you asked for me to email something to you it was the “strict diet” instead of the cleans/detox.

Able

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

You can do high enemas at home. Enemas, when done correctly, will help you to clean your colon very efficiently. I believe you are battling an intestinal fungal overgrowth, so Nystatin enemas will give you excellent results. The key is to hit the colon with antifungals in enough concentration to kill the fungus. Nystatin is fungicidal against candida albicans. It is also poorly absorbed by the gut lining. The problem is when we take it orally, it mixes with food, dead flora, and fecal matter diminishing its activity in the large bowel where the biggest amount of candida colonies concentrate. The small bowel isn’t a good environment for microbial growth because digestion fluids such as protease, HCL, sodium bicarbonate, and bile, make it almost sterile. On the other hand, bacterias and fungus growth in the colon where fermentation, putrefaction and decomposition take place. Most of the antifungal substances are absorbed in the upper intestines when taken orally, so its effect hitting the colon is very weak or nothing. I believe this is the weak part in any anticandida treatment , and the reason because the diet is vital as well as the very long process to get results.
    I hope this help you.
    Jorge.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘When to get colonics?’ is closed to new replies.