When did you start your fight?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions When did you start your fight?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  benc 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

Hey everyone
    I’m just curious about how long people have been fighting candida. I’ll start with my mine and I’ll keep it short. My symptoms revolved around digestive issues, fatigue, minor brain fog, white coating on tongue and I developed slight sensitivities to gluten, dairy, corn, tomatoes and I remember the day I experienced my first serious symptom. It was around late August 2010. I was on the train and I had the worst case of diarrhea and I had to run out the train and find a bathroom fast. This was the same day I finished a big container of Monster Mass protein powder. I recently went back and looked up the ingredients for ALL the supplements I took and I took many in the hopes of building muscle. What a mistake this was. I took this stuff for months. The ingredients contained every harmful sugar known to man and there was an ingredient that I looked up on Wikipedia and it said plain and straight forward that it is a toxin. I do not understand how they companies can get away with using these ingredients. In 2010, 2011 and 2012 I used antibiotics. One course was actually during my current treatment unfortunately because I had pink eye and it was pretty bad. I hope this doesn’t set me back too far as I still have made progress. I believe poor diet, several antibiotics and the horrific ingredients in the supplements I took led me here. Lesson learned I guess. So my fight has been under 2 years. Just curious about everyone else. Everyone is welcome to share.

Stay positive.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Positivo wrote: Hey everyone
    I’m just curious about how long people have been fighting candida. I’ll start with my mine and I’ll keep it short. My symptoms revolved around digestive issues, fatigue, minor brain fog, white coating on tongue and I developed slight sensitivities to gluten, dairy, corn, tomatoes and I remember the day I experienced my first serious symptom. It was around late August 2010. I was on the train and I had the worst case of diarrhea and I had to run out the train and find a bathroom fast. This was the same day I finished a big container of Monster Mass protein powder. I recently went back and looked up the ingredients for ALL the supplements I took and I took many in the hopes of building muscle. What a mistake this was. I took this stuff for months. The ingredients contained every harmful sugar known to man and there was an ingredient that I looked up on Wikipedia and it said plain and straight forward that it is a toxin. I do not understand how they companies can get away with using these ingredients. In 2010, 2011 and 2012 I used antibiotics. One course was actually during my current treatment unfortunately because I had pink eye and it was pretty bad. I hope this doesn’t set me back too far as I still have made progress. I believe poor diet, several antibiotics and the horrific ingredients in the supplements I took led me here. Lesson learned I guess. So my fight has been under 2 years. Just curious about everyone else. Everyone is welcome to share.

Stay positive.

I used to gobble down those powders too until I learnt better. Your right, its horrific some of the stuff they put in them to make them taste like that & they are not cheap either. If you don’t have candida, unflavoured organic whey protein isolates actually has some healthy benefits healthy if you don’t over use it.

Ironically when it hit me, 15 months ago, my diet was as good as it ever had been. Its taken me until this year to work out what it was though, the dizziness was diagnosed as labyrinthitis so all my treatment was focussed on that, and i’ve taken a double dose of antibiotics during that 15months spell.

GP’s in this country should be called antibiotic agents, because they love selling them.

Positivo

Antibiotics are handed out like candy but I must admitt we have to take better care of ourselves to avoid taking them. I have spent hundreds of dollars on powders and they tasted sweet as hell but I plan to take organic hemp protein from nutiva. No added ingredients, hemp is alkilaine while whey is extremely acidic and I’m slight sensitive to dairy according to my allergy doc. Plant proteins are also easier to digest. But that’s way down the line like maybe a year from now. I plan to stay on this diet for a while until my body is ready for other foods. Thanks for sharing.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My first symptoms were in November 2010 when I started to be allergic to everything I ate. I got poisoned by the toxic mold found in my apartment and started to have seizures in my sleep. I lost a lot of hair, weight, and myself as I grappled with the symptoms. 6 months later I started the diet (May 2011) and have been on it ever since.

-raster

Positivo

raster wrote: My first symptoms were in November 2010 when I started to be allergic to everything I ate. I got poisoned by the toxic mold found in my apartment and started to have seizures in my sleep. I lost a lot of hair, weight, and myself as I grappled with the symptoms. 6 months later I started the diet (May 2011) and have been on it ever since.

-raster

Thanks for sharing

You had some intense symptoms. Have you ever considered any testing to know the level of candida that is present in your gut, after you started to feel symptom free?

NadjaB
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 60

4 years ago I had my first vaginal yeast infection. But 5 years ago I was diagnosed with ME / CFS. And longer yet I have suffered from migraine, pain which feels like stabs in the chest and abdomen, abdominal cramps, frequent bladder infections (where I got antibiotics), brain fog, enormous fatigue, nausea and irregular menstruation.
    3 years ago I got asthma and allergies. Today I’m allergic to alot and may no longer have pets (and I am extremely sorry about that.)
    My doctor gave me all kinds of pills. I also had thrush in the mouth at some time but got rid of it after 2 months.
    Now I have a permanent vaginal yeast infection.
    I’ve been on the diet for 32 days now 🙂 But I startet “from scratch again” on 10/4 because I cheated once. But it was a big one. So maybe I should say on day 3?

I just got rid of another bout of cystitis, WITHOUT Antibiotics! I’m so happy! And my infection doesn’t hurt today either. Double happiness 😀

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’ve thought about it but I just don’t really care because I know that it still exists in my body. I mean, what level is safe, etc? I’ll mention it to my naturopathic doctor though and see what he feels about it.

I still have other damaged organs from all of this so working on healing those as well.

-raster

TomC
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 17

Interesting to see another bodybuilder here.

My first symptoms started two and a half months ago. Two of the worst months of my life.

I made a post about it already, but I believe that my overall bad diet, especially after I was getting over an infection is was did me in. After reading up on candida, it now looks like I was consuming everything that will cause an overgrowth. After having an infection with severe diarrhea and then eating tons of peanuts, chocolate filled protein bars with artificial flavors, drinking tons of milk and casein protein powder, my stomach just couldn’t handle it anymore. My workouts suffered for a while and I think I was vitamin/mineral deficient looking back. Normally my diet wasn’t too bad, but during that time it was..and I also developed a strong craving for sugary foods and fast foods which I usually could stay away from.

Three years of hard work on bodybuilding down the tube ! The ONE positive part of my life has been stopped.

But yes, theirs plenty of protein powders I know regret taking, but I think it was the casein powder that really did me in because it was the same few nights of large does of milk mixed with casein powder that my symptoms really showed up.

The first few months I had never heard of Candida. I came to the conclusion that I have this problem through process of elimination. I had cut off dairy and seen improvements and then recently cut sugar and seen improvements but I’m still fighting this. Doctors seem to be clueless.

Positivo

TomC wrote: Interesting to see another bodybuilder here.

My first symptoms started two and a half months ago. Two of the worst months of my life.

I made a post about it already, but I believe that my overall bad diet, especially after I was getting over an infection is was did me in. After reading up on candida, it now looks like I was consuming everything that will cause an overgrowth. After having an infection with severe diarrhea and then eating tons of peanuts, chocolate filled protein bars with artificial flavors, drinking tons of milk and casein protein powder, my stomach just couldn’t handle it anymore. My workouts suffered for a while and I think I was vitamin/mineral deficient looking back. Normally my diet wasn’t too bad, but during that time it was..and I also developed a strong craving for sugary foods and fast foods which I usually could stay away from.

Three years of hard work on bodybuilding down the tube ! The ONE positive part of my life has been stopped.

But yes, theirs plenty of protein powders I know regret taking, but I think it was the casein powder that really did me in because it was the same few nights of large does of milk mixed with casein powder that my symptoms really showed up.

The first few months I had never heard of Candida. I came to the conclusion that I have this problem through process of elimination. I had cut off dairy and seen improvements and then recently cut sugar and seen improvements but I’m still fighting this. Doctors seem to be clueless.

I know exactly what you mean. I was working out for a while and i lost everything. I used to drink weight gainers, casein, whey, carbs, amino acids, creatine. It was ridiculous how much damage I was doing to my stomach but I’m happy I’m getting a second chance. I believe that my condition isn’t too severe because it’s mainly digestive disorders which have improved dramatically lately. I think I’ll be ok in 3 more months but I’ll probably stay on the diet til the holidays. I think thatsmreasonable but even then my main diet will be the same just with rice, oatmeal, meats, fruits and hopefully some cheese and yogurt. Anyways I feel great today. No gas or stomach discomfort. No back ache, fatigue or brain fog. I’m just worried about my finger it looks like die off might have cause an infection on the tip of my ring finger by the nail. Other then that I’m happy.
    I’m so obsessed with this diet that I feel buckwheat and oatbran are cheats because of the carbs. They seem to satisfy my cravings if I add stevia, cinnamon and coconut oil.

Well good luck to everyone and keep sharing. It’s cool to have one place where we can see different experiences and stories.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Positivo wrote:

I’m so obsessed with this diet that I feel buckwheat and oatbran are cheats because of the carbs.

lol, thats how I feel about Swede (Rutabaga).

my diet, other than 1 cheat meal per week & post workout nutrition has been paleo for a while now.

I got my test results back today & surprised to find out I had an allergic reaction to oregano, millet (which i’ve never knowingly eaten) & oats.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘When did you start your fight?’ is closed to new replies.