When can I eat regular food

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions When can I eat regular food

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Betty_boo 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Betty_boo
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Okay so I’m on diflucan (3 doses, 1 every 3 days, and have taken one dose so far) as well as the knock off version of Bactrim antibiotic (twice a day for 7 days) and it’s been about 3 days. I’ve cut out sugar and went grocerie shopping of course for candida diet friendly foods. My question is when can I start introducing regular foods again? Could I do it a little more into my treatment or should I wait till its completely finished with?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Betty.

According to many of the forum members with whom I’ve corresponded privately as well as my own experience, starting a regular diet, or even adding Candida-friendly food too soon after all of your symptoms have disappeared will cause the infestation to return rather quickly. I would say if you wait 3 to 6 months after all symptoms have disappeared you will have a better chance at keeping the infestation away. During that time and indefinitely you should continue taking probiotics to prevent the environment from changing back to a beneficial terrain for the Candida to return. In reality, your goal should not be when to eat bad foods again, but rather concentrate on the goal of ridding your body of a Candida overgrowth.

Also, I understand that you apparently have a need for an antibiotic, but as long as you’re taking antibiotics you will not be able to destroy the Candida.

Able

WilliamHolst
    Topics: 42
    Replies: 72

Hey able once your candida symptom free how much probiotics do you think you should be taking daily? Say like 50 billion a day?

Betty_boo

Able900 wrote:
    Hello, Betty.

According to many of the forum members with whom I’ve corresponded privately as well as my own experience, starting a regular diet, or even adding Candida-friendly food too soon after all of your symptoms have disappeared will cause the infestation to return rather quickly. I would say if you wait 3 to 6 months after all symptoms have disappeared you will have a better chance at keeping the infestation away. During that time and indefinitely you should continue taking probiotics to prevent the environment from changing back to a beneficial terrain for the Candida to return. In reality, your goal should not be when to eat bad foods again, but rather concentrate on the goal of ridding your body of a Candida overgrowth.

Also, I understand that you apparently have a need for an antibiotic, but as long as you’re taking antibiotics you will not be able to destroy the Candida.

Able

They actually gave me the antibiotics for the candida since I had it so bad. And I already bought some acidophilus for after I’m done with all my meds.

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

Betty_boo wrote:
    They actually gave me the antibiotics for the candida since I had it so bad.

Antibiotics won’t kill a yeast (candida).

Betty_boo

Clare_ wrote:

They actually gave me the antibiotics for the candida since I had it so bad.

Antibiotics won’t kill a yeast (candida).

I’m taking them along with diflucan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘When can I eat regular food’ is closed to new replies.