Whats wrong with my treatment?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Whats wrong with my treatment?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  xday2dazex 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

xday2dazex
    Topics: 81
    Replies: 108

Hey, so I’ve been struggling for a while and I just don’t know what to do anymore. I’ve been following the old strict diet that was posted on here and taking all the supplements and coconut oil but I’ve hit a wall. It seems like every time I start doing better, I introduce a new food to fast, or make a dumb mistake (like overcooking a hard boiled egg or undercooking eggplant recently). I feel like I’ve been stewing in toxins for a couple months now and I’m losing hours at work because it’s clear that I’m not doing well. Right now I feel like my infestation is stuck at a constant level. My diet consists of about 4-6 eggs a day, frozen veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, onions and peppers, zucchini), cucumbers, asparagus, spinach, occasional chicken and turkey, and salads from my work. I’ve been taking coconut oil in high doses on days off and low or none at all on work days until I get out at night. I feel like it’s still feeding on something. There’s 2 grams of sugar in most of these frozen and canned vegetables and I have probably 6 servings a day…maybe that’s too much? I’m still doing lemon water 3 times a day when possible and strong antioxidant teas as soon as I wake up and before bed. I just need to get to some kind of baseline because I don’t know what to do anymore. I binged on turkey, chicken, and tuna for about 4 days from tues-fri. Maybe that’s part of the problem. If anyone has any ideas on what I can do to get back on track, get my die-off manageable, and avoid feeding my candida, please let me know. I’m really not doing good.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The diet is half of the battle and the other half of the battle is supplements. What are you taking as far as antifungals and probiotics? Are you taking any vitamins abcde? Your diet sounds fine in my opinion; I just feel that you may not be eating enough. Can you handle the coconut bread? Is there any side dishes you can tolerate such as buckwheat, quinoa, millet, etc?

I don’t think that eating meat can set you back that much…

-raster

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

i’m not an expert but I wouldn’t eat Tuna. If you can afford it buy organic veg & take coconut oil & a spoon with you to work.

xday2dazex

I’m taking just coconut oil for antifungals right now, and no kefir/yogurt or probiotics. Last time I baked coconut bread I had a bad reaction to it, and a couple of months ago I could tolerate buckwheat, but I tried it a few weeks ago and it didn’t go well. The last side dish I tried to introduce was brown rice flour in the form of brown rice chips which just had sunflower oil and garlic and onion powder along with the brown rice flour and that gave me a reaction too. After that I made two mistakes in a row (being the overcooked hardboiled egg and the undercooked eggplant). It’s been less than a week since the eggplant messed me up. I was taking vitamin a and d together as suggested and vitamin c, but now I’m just on c. I’m trying to get more money to restock my d and milk thistle. Other than that, I’m on all the recommended supplements in the protocol. I got some quinoa at the store but I’m afraid to eat it and get a reaction. What course of action do you suggest considering all this?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I binged on turkey, chicken, and tuna for about 4 days from tues-fri.
    Maybe that’s part of the problem.

This is a big problem. Every time you eat an animal protein, when it breaks down in your body it’s releasing ammonia. Ammonia keeps the environment in the intestines in a beneficial state for the Candida and allowing them to continue to survive. Your goal is to change the environment so that it is unfriendly to the Candida; you can’t do that if you’re constantly adding ammonia to the environment.
    Don’t worry about green vegetables; if these are your only sugar source, you don’t need to be concerned.

I looked over some of your past posts, and noticed that often you’ve eaten foods that would cause symptoms to return such as pickles, tortilla chips, rice cakes, salsa, and breaded chicken. My guess right now is that you’re eating too much animal protein which can stall the treatment, but what else are you eating on a daily or semi-daily basis, and have you eaten anything at all that is not on the strict diet?

If you’re making bread (which you should be to help fill you) using anything other than coconut flour, I would leave those out and stick to only coconut flour for a while.

No wonder your improvement has stalled, you won’t improve any further until you start back on homemade kefir and probiotics.

Are you still taking Molybdenum and if so, how much and at what count? Is “Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate” printed on the label?

Able

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

xday2dazex wrote: I’m taking just coconut oil for antifungals right now, and no kefir/yogurt or probiotics. Last time I baked coconut bread I had a bad reaction to it, and a couple of months ago I could tolerate buckwheat, but I tried it a few weeks ago and it didn’t go well. The last side dish I tried to introduce was brown rice flour in the form of brown rice chips which just had sunflower oil and garlic and onion powder along with the brown rice flour and that gave me a reaction too. After that I made two mistakes in a row (being the overcooked hardboiled egg and the undercooked eggplant). It’s been less than a week since the eggplant messed me up. I was taking vitamin a and d together as suggested and vitamin c, but now I’m just on c. I’m trying to get more money to restock my d and milk thistle. Other than that, I’m on all the recommended supplements in the protocol. I got some quinoa at the store but I’m afraid to eat it and get a reaction. What course of action do you suggest considering all this?

I only got better once I started the kefir and yogurt followed by probiotics. I’m still not better and very sensitive to all foods.

I do not have any rice of any form or quinoa etc.

I eat tons of veggies, I found eating Raw veggies works better for me. I spend Sunday cutting tons of veggies and eating them all week in salads and raw. IDK how the boiling or cooking of eggs/eggplant can cause you problems but I’m so sorry that it did.

Everytime I try something new I pay for it dearly…so go slow my friend. Lots of veggies and garlic w/ onions. I cook a full onion with 3 cloves of garlic, asparagus, spinache with my eggs in the morning. Really fills me up and seems to kick the snot out of anything that was bothering me.

I wish you well friend. I know how frustrating it is. Especially when you read all the other foods folks are introducing.

I eat very little meat. Maybe a 1/4 of a chicken breast and small piece of salmon every few days. I eat lots of sour kraut, cabbage and stuff like that. I’m talking huge plate of raw veggies with olive oil, olives, avacadoes…etc. I pile it on and am so full and happy. So much happier than I was 45 pounds ago 🙂

Good luck.

xday2dazex

I’m not eating anything off of the strict diet currently, It’s just been a bunch of mistakes of food reintroduction and strange reactions like those I mentioned or overlooking an ingredient. I’m taking the right molebdenum and I take 250mcg morning noon and night. I think the amounts of coconut oil are throwing me off. I take like 8 teaspoons on an off day and then 1 or 2 on a work day. I think I’m going to cut out meat entirely and then try doing it twice a week with just chicken or turkey. Also I’m going to use the antifungal dosage guidelines and do 1 tsp for 3 days, 2 for the next 3 etc to establish some regularity. I guess I should get back on milk thistle and vit a+d too. Should I slowly add in a b and e? How does all this sound to you guys? Any other suggestions? Also, how long do you think i should wait to try coconut considering my progress so far? I agree that I’m not eating enough and want to take care of that asap.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would consider the following:

1)Probiotics: These are the single most important thing you need for your recovery. If you are not taking them, you likely won’t find a cure. You need to repopulate the gut with beneficial bacteria and then feed it with prebiotics.

2)2 salads per day…heal yourself with the foods you eat. Try to eat 3-4 course meals every single day. If you need suggestions on foods to eat, we can help you…or ask for the allowed foods list from able. You need proper nutrition and this is the second most important thing you need to recover.

3)Lower the inflammation within the gut. Either do an anti-inflammatory diet (salmon, broccoli, blueberries are examples) or take a supplement that is anti-inflammatory (cod liver oil is a great one).

4)Take your vitamins. Vitamins abcde are very important. You need trace minerals as well such as calcium, zinc, magnesium, potassium, iron, iodine, etc. You need to re-mineralize the body.

5)Take antifungals. Coconut oil is OK, but I say bring in more firepower. SF722 undecenoic acid is a great long term antifungal you can use that prevents candida from (re)attaching to your mucousal membranes and is the only antifungal that I know of that can do this. Grapefruit seed extract, oregano oil, and black walnut are other examples of very strong antifungals that candida adapts to within a few months. These should knock it down pretty effectively.

I can come up with more suggestions but these are the big ones that everyone needs to get better. By not doing any one of these, you won’t be fighting off candida as effectively as you’d like. The diet and molybdenum alone won’t cure you.

-raster

xday2dazex

Thanks so much guys. I spend time away from the forum and act like I know it all and things get crazy. I gotta stay connected. I’d love some food suggestions. I’m not sure if my diet is in balance nutritionally and it’d be nice to change things up a little bit and have some new ideas. Raster, what do you think of starting green valley kefir (6g of sugar per serving) one serving a day? And if it’s a good idea, how far out from anything antifungal should I drink it?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Should I slowly add in a b and e? How does all this sound to you guys? Any other suggestions? Also, how long do you think i should wait to try coconut considering my progress so far?

You can add vitamin E if you wish to do so, but if you’ll drink kefir and take a good probiotic you don’t need to take a B vitamin as the probiotics and kefir will produce the B vitamins for your body.

You should be able to have fresh coconut a few times a week now.

Able

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

I’m telling you the kefir and I drink the green valley stuff is what made a huge difference for me. That and the greek yogurt

xday2dazex

I meant to ask how long before I should try coconut bread again, since last time I had a reaction. I may start having some fresh coconut though able, sounds like a good idea.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

xday2dazex wrote: Hey, so I’ve been struggling for a while and I just don’t know what to do anymore. I’ve been following the old strict diet that was posted on here and taking all the supplements and coconut oil but I’ve hit a wall. It seems like every time I start doing better, I introduce a new food to fast, or make a dumb mistake (like overcooking a hard boiled egg or undercooking eggplant recently). I feel like I’ve been stewing in toxins for a couple months now and I’m losing hours at work because it’s clear that I’m not doing well. Right now I feel like my infestation is stuck at a constant level. My diet consists of about 4-6 eggs a day, frozen veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, onions and peppers, zucchini), cucumbers, asparagus, spinach, occasional chicken and turkey, and salads from my work. I’ve been taking coconut oil in high doses on days off and low or none at all on work days until I get out at night. I feel like it’s still feeding on something. There’s 2 grams of sugar in most of these frozen and canned vegetables and I have probably 6 servings a day…maybe that’s too much? I’m still doing lemon water 3 times a day when possible and strong antioxidant teas as soon as I wake up and before bed. I just need to get to some kind of baseline because I don’t know what to do anymore. I binged on turkey, chicken, and tuna for about 4 days from tues-fri. Maybe that’s part of the problem. If anyone has any ideas on what I can do to get back on track, get my die-off manageable, and avoid feeding my candida, please let me know. I’m really not doing good.

The fungus won’t die with the diet alone. What kind of antifungals are you taking ??
    Monotherapies aren’t good for candida. You should be taking an antifungal combination. Are you inspected your BM ??? Do you see white strings coming out of your intestines ??
    When the treatment is working, we can see candida colonies and mucus going out with stool.
    Jorge.

xday2dazex

I was getting the white strands for a while but now its just hard and dark most of the time.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Whats wrong with my treatment?’ is closed to new replies.