Whats causing acne?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Whats causing acne?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Wiley200 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

keipup
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 5

Sorry for all the posts I’ve made lately. I’m a total newbie to this candida thing and I have lots of questions!
    So I’ve been doing the candida diet for a month now and have noticed symptoms fading. Acne healing, bloat leaving, brain fog fading. But a few days ago my acne flared up for some reason.
    I can think of three things that I changed recently.
    1.) I replaced oatmeal with oatbran in the morning
    2.) I’ve increased coconut oil consumption
    3.) I have started eating salmon after being a strict vegan for 3+ years (i ate 1/3 of a fillet twice this week)

What do you think?

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

The coconut oil is the only thing that I can see might have triggered acne. Maybe your liver is having trouble processing it? Perhaps you could cut back on the coconut oil and see if it helps. Or maybe it was stress-related, or something else in your life?

keipup
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 5

I cut back on coconut oil and my acne seems to have improved a lot
    but I ran into another problem, I’m extremely bloated! My stomach is big all the time, even when I wake up.
    I stopped taking probiotics for a couple of days and then started a new brand of probiotics, dont know if that could make it worse.
    Im going to school soon and I’d like to figure out how to make the bloating better ASAP

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

A new brand of probiotics can certainly cause some short term disturbances in your digestion, as long as it contains a different set of probiotic bacteria. It will take a while for your gut flora to adjust.

You also changed your diet by adding in fish for the first time in 3 years. That’s another thing that can lead to short term discomfort, if you’re not used to the protein.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Whats causing acne?’ is closed to new replies.