what to do for a sore throat?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions what to do for a sore throat?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  jdib 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I had a sore throat for a week, then I felt fine for about 24 hours. Now, my sore throat is back again.

Any suggestions on what I can do?

I’m having some really turbulent times, which I can only assume are the effect of the S. Boulardii. I’m on week 3 of my S.Boulardii treatment, and I do hope all these strange symptoms are die off.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

i found gargling apple cider vinegar helped in the past

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

I don’t have much info for you about the sore throat, but I can say that my experience with S. Boulardii is much the same. I stopped taking it for a few days over easter and felt much better so I can say with fair confidence that it is creating a burden on my body in one way or another.

Hang in there, Mrs. C! Back off if needs be.

jdib
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 23

Mrs. C,

This is gonna sound strange – I had the same issue….. you won’t believe what helped.

Not only did I have a sore throat but also my breath was bad (all die off) – my wife was complaining and told me to please use her mouthwash. To my amazement the mouthwash helped tremendously. My sore throat was greatly reduced (and so was the bad breath). I thought it wouldn’t last more than 10 minutes but it lasted. I have been using it now twice a day for the last 2 weeks and my mouth feels great.

Crest 3d White Glamorous Rinse (MAKE SURE IT’S THE ALCOHOL FREE VERSION BECAUSE THERE ARE TWO VERSIONS AND ONE HAS ALCOHOL)

I have no clue what’s in it cause most mouthwashes I’ve tried don’t do anything for me and I could care less about whitening my teeth – lol.

They sell it at any Walgreens or CVS. Maybe worth a try. Gargle with it and swish around your mouth for a few minutes.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There is one product that will significantly help with sore throats that I know of:

THROAT COAT TEA!

It’s also a great leaky gut healing tea.

-raster

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

Mrs. C., this is off topic and I don’t want to highjack your thread, but how is your S. boulardii treatment progressing (besides the soar throat)?

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

I’m just curious because I’m considering giving that avenue a try.

mrs.candida

Mrs. C., this is off topic and I don’t want to highjack your thread, but how is your S. boulardii treatment progressing (besides the soar throat)?

The first thing I noticed was increased energy, that happened on day 2. I also haven’t experienced adrenal fatigue since I began S.Boulardii. About 5 days in I started getting painful eczema around my torso, all of my skin got very dry and my hair was dry and brittle. On Easter I ate chocolate and Indian Food, with bread, the next day I came down with a sore throat. I spent that next week in bed with a sore throat, and bad depression. I think I had one good day, then I got a migraine that lasted 3 days straight. When that ended my belly button got infected with yeast or bacteria, and now my sore throat is back. Funny thing is that I still feel my energy getting better and I’m sleeping really well.

I have eased up on the S.Boulardii, I only took one yesterday and none today.

I’m really not sure how to know when I’ve had enough die off that I can switch back to anti fungals or how to proceed from here. If anyone has any advice I’d like to hear it.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Take more vitamin C?

Marlau
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 14

Who makes the throat coat tea? What brand is it?

Marlau
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 14

Try using salt water as a mouth wash and make sure to garggle with it. Also make sure it’s natural sea salt. You don’t want to put regular table salt with dextrose on your tongue!

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

could it be an allergic reaction. My finally good Dr I found said not to take boulardi because in my bloodwork I tested really high for yeast senstitivity of course. So Idk

mrs.candida

I drink the throat coat tea by Yogi tea. It doesn’t really help that much, hurts to drink it.

Gargled with cider vinegar, first tried it straight, that was painful, then cut it with water.

Vitamin C? I’m the queen of vitamin C, during the migraine period I took it till my body couldn’t handle it anymore (aka diarrhea). I didn’t take any yesterday, I was feeling like I’d had enough vitamin C.

Salt water, I tried it last week and should try it again.

Allergy? Hmmm, well, I feel crappy when I take anti fungals and I feel crappy when I take S. Boulardii. I don’t have the option of more allergy testing. I feel a little better on the SB, because of the increased energy.

I should also add that I’m 11 months into my treatment this month.

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

mrs.candida;41231 wrote: I’m really not sure how to know when I’ve had enough die off that I can switch back to anti fungals or how to proceed from here. If anyone has any advice I’d like to hear it.

My naturopath has me on S. Boulardii for about 6 weeks. I have another appointment with her at the end of these 6 weeks then she said we’d look to maybe get me onto something like SF722. I think it’s going to be trial and error though and is, obviously, an inexact science, so is probably just about listening to your body. Obviously this is more easily said than done if you can’t understand what your body is saying 😀

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

I think the idea behind S. boulardi is to take it to a point where the S. boulardi can inhibit candida from going fungal. Then once the individual thinks that the fungal candida is under control(not exactly easy to pinpoint), then supplement with good bacteria.

I’m experimenting with S. boulardi as well. Will keep the forum posted.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘what to do for a sore throat?’ is closed to new replies.