what omega-3 fatty acids are mercury free?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions what omega-3 fatty acids are mercury free?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  approximately_me 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Currently I’m avoiding omega 3-6-9 from salmon, since I suspected there might be some mercury bindings in them, but can’t find actual facts about it.

Is it “safe” to use commonly sold omega 3? Really don’t want anything with mercury in it.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Flax oil contains omegas…

I personally am not concerned about mercury, and the capsules are pretty small in general.

-raster

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

That is a very good question and one that I can’t answer for you.

If you’re trying to get some more EFAs you could also try flax oil. Flax oil is cheaper and only slightly less effective. Better bang for your buck imo.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

klips32;56242 wrote: Currently I’m avoiding omega 3-6-9 from salmon, since I suspected there might be some mercury bindings in them, but can’t find actual facts about it.

Is it “safe” to use commonly sold omega 3? Really don’t want anything with mercury in it.

Quality, third-party tested, fish oil.

I use Nordic Naturals.

Flax is great to but far inferior to the fish/krill oils.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

You might consider eating organic salmon once and a while.

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

That depends on where the salmon comes from.

If “organic” means that it is wild salmon, caught in some ocean, then it just might contain high levels of mercury.

If “organic” means that it was grown in some sort of breeding station, then the mercury contamination depends on where they obtained the salmon’s food.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

I’d be wary of eating salmon regardless of the fact that it’s typically considered a low-mercury fish. I developed a mercury toxicity after eating primarily smoked salmon for my fish consumption. I did eat some tuna as well, but not nearly as much. I believe the salmon I ate was farmed since it didn’t advertise being wild-caught on the box, which they almost certainly would do if it was. The salmon I usually bought was from Costco if anyone is curious: http://tastyislandhawaii.com/images14/gravlax/costco_norwegian_smoked_salmon.jpg

My recommendation would be if you already have yeast overgrowth and serious chronic health issues, just avoid fish altogether. Some people on this board will probably disagree with me, but that would be my advice. Trust me when I say that you definitely don’t want any more mercury in your system. I know fish has health benefits in terms of the EFAs provided, but there are safer ways to get them.

All of this is not to mention the Fukishima radiation in the Pacific: http://www.naturalnews.com/044317_fukushima_radiation_west_coast.html

Just my 2 cents.

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

The fish oil supplement should say what kind of fish it’s sourced from. Small fish are all fine. Mercury accumulates further up the food chain.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘what omega-3 fatty acids are mercury free?’ is closed to new replies.