what oils to use ? (is olive oil safe?)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions what oils to use ? (is olive oil safe?)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  johnny22 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

jasminehks
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 30

ok guys i’m confused…

isn’t it toxic to cook with Olive oil ?? my dad just reminded me of that and it seems it’s not the best idea.
    what oils do you use to cook your food with???

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

As long as you cook with olive oil on low or medium heat, which you should do no matter which oil you’re using, there are no problems. It’s only when you burn the oil, or at least cook high enough for the oil to be smoking from the excessive heat that there may be a problem. Otherwise, it’s perfectly safe and healthy for you.

The same goes for lots of other oils, but if you think you really need ‘smoking oil’ in order to cook your food, try coconut oil as it’s a higher temperature oil.

Able

jasminehks

Able900 wrote: As long as you cook with olive oil on low or medium heat, which you should do no matter which oil you’re using, there are no problems. It’s only when you burn the oil, or at least cook high enough for the oil to be smoking from the excessive heat that there may be a problem. Otherwise, it’s perfectly safe and healthy for you.

The same goes for lots of other oils, but if you think you really need ‘smoking oil’ in order to cook your food, try coconut oil as it’s a higher temperature oil.

Able

oh ok…Thank u !!!
    -is sesame oil ok to use on the diet as well ??
    -i also saw Kimchee on ur allowed list…did you mean the korean spicy marinated cabbage is ok ??

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Why is smoking olive oil not good to cook with? I’ve never heard this before…

gcha8e
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 28

Able900 wrote: As long as you cook with olive oil on low or medium heat, which you should do no matter which oil you’re using, there are no problems. It’s only when you burn the oil, or at least cook high enough for the oil to be smoking from the excessive heat that there may be a problem. Otherwise, it’s perfectly safe and healthy for you.

Able

This is exactly what we try to do as well.

In our experience, coconut oil does withstand higher heat quite nicely, but my eggs seemed to stick with hot coconut oil :(. We have been told that by cooking any oil, much of the vitamins and the best nutrients in the oil break down. So if you want to get the best nutritional value out of the oil, take the high end oil orally without heating it. For cooking you can perhaps use a less expensive brand of Extra Virgin Olive, or Extra Virgin Coconut oil. (I’m no cook, but my wife tells me things.)

Cheers

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

raster wrote: Why is smoking olive oil not good to cook with? I’ve never heard this before…

When oil is heated to the point of creating smoke, the oil is actually decomposing due to the extreme heat; this means that the antioxidants in the oil are being replaced by free radicals and other dangerous molecules.

jasminehks

Able900 wrote:

Why is smoking olive oil not good to cook with? I’ve never heard this before…

When oil is heated to the point of creating smoke, the oil is actually decomposing due to the extreme heat; this means that the antioxidants in the oil are being replaced by free radicals and other dangerous molecules.

i’m sorry for repeating the same questions but i really would like to know the answer to both of these XD

-is sesame oil ok to use on the diet as well ??
    -i also saw Kimchee on ur allowed list…did you mean the korean spicy marinated cabbage is ok ??

johnny22
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 23

Hi jasmine

I think I sesame oil is okay to use on the diet. I asked Able before in http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1227_Sesame.aspx

ABout the kimchee I think it’s okay but probably better to get the experts’ opinion.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘what oils to use ? (is olive oil safe?)’ is closed to new replies.