What is the best way to rotate anti-fungals?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What is the best way to rotate anti-fungals?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  faither 5 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rambolincoln
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 12

Over the last six months I’ve been having severe bloating and heart burn, with abdominal pain, increasing occurrences of nausia, brain fog, back pain, sinus headaches. I took an allergy skin test and I was allergic to almost every single item they tested me against, except one or two. I also have eczema, oral thrush, and fungus in my toenails, which makes me believe that all of this is somehow fungus related. I also have acne, athete’s foot, and feel generally unwell. While looking at the candida symptom list, I match almost every symptom. I also have enlarged lymph nodes in my neck and under my chin, which are concerning.

I’ve taken numerous blood tests, a liver panel, a pancreas enzyme test, which all came out normal. I’ve also done a colonoscopy, an endoscopy, which came out normal as well.

My doctor thinks it’s SIBO and put my on a 10 day rifaximin antibiotic. After a few days I have not felt any effect. However, I then added Oregano oil to the mix. I’ve started taking 3 drops of Wild Mediterranean Oregano Oil in a shot of water three times a day for the past 4 days, which is helping me out immensely. The brain fog cleared up and I feel much more energetic, although the bloating and heartburn are still there. I’ve added a drop to my sinus rinse, which seems to have stopped my headaches dead in their tracks. I’m feeling a lot better overall. It is my opinion that this improvement is due to the Oregano oil, rather than the rifaximin. I understand that taking an antibiotic with an antifungal might be a bad idea, but I plan on continuing my rifixamin dosage for the next four days to complete my 10 day prescription so that my gut bugs do not build up resistance if I ever need it in the future.

I might need to take an enteric coated antifungal to get into my small intestines, but am unsure of that.

Anyway, I’ve heard that some people rotate products every four days. Other people switch products every 10 days, and yet other people take multiple products at the same time. Others, say to keep taking the Oregano for six weeks, and some say to take it indefinitely.

What is the best way for avoiding resistance?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d rotate once every few months personally and stick with the same 3-4 antifungals and don’t incorporate others because the yeast will adapt. You don’t want it to adapt to every antifungal! One antifungal that it cannot adapt to is SF722 undecenoic acid which reverts the yeast to the non-pathogenic form.

-raster

faither
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 30

Hi raster, I’m taking the antifungal you recommended to me. The bottle says to take 5 gel caps 2 or 3 times a day. What do you take and how often?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Its up to you but I would start with one capsule per day and work your way up to whatever you can afford basically. I take 3 per meal or 9 per day. Any more would cost more money!

-raster

faither
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 30

Dang, lol. I started taking 5 per day, spread out. After two days of that I really didn’t feel much die off, probably because I had been taking natural anti fungals (cocanut oil, olive oil, lemon juice) for almost a month before that, so I decided to take a risk and take the recommended dose on the bottle. Wow, it about knocked me sideways. All my symptoms were elevated 10 times, but I got through it and have been taking 5 twice a day for two days now. I still have die off symptoms every time I take them. My brain fog is a little better, but I’ve had it 24/7 for three years. How long does it take to see a substantial difference in the brain fog? I’ve been reading your posts and have ordered some milk thistle to help my liver.

On the positive side, my ulcer is under control. My hypo glycemia is stabilizing a lot. And ever since I’ve started to take the antifungals and the probiotic (5 days) I’ve lost 6 pounds. I haven’t been able to loose a single pound for 12 years, I could never understand why, it was the candida overgrowth which I believe started 12 years ago. I only found out about candida 3 months ago, thanks to this forum.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What is the best way to rotate anti-fungals?’ is closed to new replies.