What has freed me from CANDIDA!!!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice What has freed me from CANDIDA!!!

This topic contains 31 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Rabelais 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #110978

    ByTheGraceOfGod
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

    I am new to the forum but have suffered from Candida for 5 years now. For the longest time thought it was type 2 diabetes. After several 12hour fasting test and testing at home with a kit I bought. My results were alway in range. I suffered daily with painfull head pressure and brain fog. Irritable and tired all the time. Couldn’t think clear and focus was horrible.

    Anyways the fix for me is raw organic garlic. I consume 2 cloves daily before bed with food and water. I use a garlic press, i put the pressed garlic on spoon and swallow with water. The I eat something afterward to push it down. After only one week i felt much better. I am exercising now because i have more energy and watching what i eat more and believe me, i cant follow candida diet. I need carbs of some kind or i drag all day. I get my carbs by fruit and bbq and habanero almonds. I eat spinach and carrots daily. Also milled chia seed, omelets and home fries and grilled chicken. I hope this helps some of you.

    #110982

    TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

    What happens if you don’t eat carbs?

    #110998

    ByTheGraceOfGod
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

    I become really worn out, i had a very hard time getting through the day. It didnt make sense to cut out all carbs, only the bad ones. Fruits and nuts in moderation kept me going. I don’t believe you can starve candida without starving yourself. I honestly believe eating raw garlic kills candida.

    #111002

    sophie
    Member
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 20

    We all eat carbs, whether they are in vegetables, fruit whatever. Trying to avoid carbs 100% is totally counterproductive IMO. Looking at your overall intake of sugars is the way to go.

    So you might be able to get away with a small amount of fruit, but you will have to balance that out by being really strict in other areas of the diet. As long as you keep your overall intake of sugars low, you should be fine.

    #111013

    klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

    Long term candida suffers often experience adrenal fatigue. In that case, eating some more carbs really helps rather then staying on the stricter diet. In my case: I only got more sick on the strict diet due to adrenal fatigue. A more moderate diet with some slow digestive carbs works way better for me.

    #111015

    TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

    klips32;49534 wrote: Long term candida suffers often experience adrenal fatigue. In that case, eating some more carbs really helps rather then staying on the stricter diet. In my case: I only got more sick on the strict diet due to adrenal fatigue. A more moderate diet with some slow digestive carbs works way better for me.

    What kind of carbs do you eat specifically? Oat bran, buckwheat, coconut flour, …?

    #111024

    Floggi
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

    klips32;49534 wrote: Long term candida suffers often experience adrenal fatigue.

    Please read the information about adrenal fatigue as provided by the Mayo Clinic and, if you like, the Hormone Health network.

    You may not like what they have to say, but I would certainly heed their warnings!

    #111026

    sophie
    Member
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 20

    Floggi;49545 wrote:

    Long term candida suffers often experience adrenal fatigue.

    Please read the information about adrenal fatigue as provided by the Mayo Clinic and, if you like, the Hormone Health network.

    You may not like what they have to say, but I would certainly heed their warnings!



    Actually adrenal fatigue is recognized by many of the more enlightened medical professionals.

    The problem is the lab tests used to check hormone levels. They use such wide ranges that you really need to be in terrible shape to be considered to have adrenal insufficiency. The truth is that everyone has an *optimal* level for each hormone, and the lab tests fail to recognize this.

    Adrenal fatigue usually manifests in lower levels of several different hormones (including cortisol and the sex hormones). Although the levels might not be so low as to trigger a warning from the lab testers, they can still be well below your optimal level. If you’ve ever had hormone testing, you’ll know that some of the ranges are ridiculous (like a range of 1-12 for example), and you can experience a wide range of different energy levels while still sitting well inside those ranges.

    Adrenal fatigue generally falls outside of medical practice because sufferers are simply not ill enough for the doctors to care. If you show up with the flu or a broken leg they’ll treat you, but if you tell them you’ve been feeling tired for the last 5 years they’ll likely just tell you to get more sleep.

    I hope that helps!

    #111066

    Floggi
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425


    This is, indeed, the theory.

    If the lab tests fail to find low hormone levels, then obviously something else is needed to reliably detect this so-called “adrenal fatigue”. However, no other test is known.

    This means that the so-called “adrenal fatigue” remains an unproven theory.

    Contrary to what you say, doctors really do care if someone walks in and says they’re feeling tired for the last five years. They just don’t run after one of the many unproven theories out there.

    #111073

    sophie
    Member
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 20

    Hi Floggi, I don’t think you read my post thoroughly. I completely agree with you that most people suffering from adrenal fatigue have ‘normal’ hormone levels. That’s because the ranges used by labs are so wide, so ‘normal’ has no real meaning. It is entirely possible for an individual to experience a 50% drop in many of their hormones, and still be within the lab ranges. Their MD will tell them they are fine, when they are obviously not. That’s where integrative doctors and naturopaths become useful, because they look to establish *optimal* levels of the various hormones.

    I hope that helps!

    #111915

    wonderlover
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 22

    doesn’t the raw garlic just tear up your stomach? i think my stomach would BURN with raw garlic!

    #114018

    psalm34810
    Member
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 15

    Yes, can’t do raw garlic or it will upset my stomach for sure! Doesn’t matter if juiced, mixed with food or alone. Sish.

    #114078

    Mayanah
    Member
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

    I really hope you are honest about your post. People will naturally try and consider the suggestion that you put up there. How severe was your candida? To get rid of it by just taking garlic for a few weeks seems unrealistic to me; while at the same time eating carbs? The candida population are very vulnerable and some maybe desperate for help and remedies, so please dont post anything up here false or misleading.

    #114955

    Vegan Catlady
    Member
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

    ByTheGraceOfGod;49499 wrote: I am new to the forum but have suffered from Candida for 5 years now. For the longest time thought it was type 2 diabetes. After several 12hour fasting test and testing at home with a kit I bought. My results were alway in range. I suffered daily with painfull head pressure and brain fog. Irritable and tired all the time. Couldn’t think clear and focus was horrible.

    Anyways the fix for me is raw organic garlic. I consume 2 cloves daily before bed with food and water. I use a garlic press, i put the pressed garlic on spoon and swallow with water. The I eat something afterward to push it down. After only one week i felt much better. I am exercising now because i have more energy and watching what i eat more and believe me, i cant follow candida diet. I need carbs of some kind or i drag all day. I get my carbs by fruit and bbq and habanero almonds. I eat spinach and carrots daily. Also milled chia seed, omelets and home fries and grilled chicken. I hope this helps some of you.

    Is it gone?

    did garlic take it completely away?

    #114956

    Vegan Catlady
    Member
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

    Mayanah;52599 wrote: I really hope you are honest about your post. People will naturally try and consider the suggestion that you put up there. How severe was your candida? To get rid of it by just taking garlic for a few weeks seems unrealistic to me; while at the same time eating carbs? The candida population are very vulnerable and some maybe desperate for help and remedies, so please dont post anything up here false or misleading.

    Consider that “The Candida Diet” may NOT,indeed,be the ONLY way, but a helpful way that many people used with success.

    SOME OF US DONT FIND SUCCESS WITH IT.

    Low carbing isnt an option for me, because it would require a significant increase in fat and protein, both more dangerous to an unhealthy person than the yeast itself! (before going fungal)

    Implying that someone trying to help is being false or misleading is rude at best.

    Sharing experiences is a GIFT.

    If you dont want the gift, return it….but dont complain to anyone that the gift wasnt the gift you wanted!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘What has freed me from CANDIDA!!!’ is closed to new replies.