Went to a naturopath

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Went to a naturopath

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

fizzlex
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 24

Well, I wasn’t impressed. These two naturopaths claimed to be candida experts, but I think I knew more then they did. I stressed to them that this disease has taken over my body from inside out. I have fibrocystic breasts ( and am a male ), Tiezes/Myasthania Gravis, and Fibromyalgia, and was going through showing them all the skin diseases I have, and they swore that they could “turn me around in a matter of months”. I don’t know if I want to go back and see them again, because I brought some of the vitamins in that were specifically recommended by raster and the other guys here, and they say “oh no you don’t need those”. (Milk thistle, molybdenum ) etc.. Then they, suggest that I go “right into juicing”. Not only that, the foods list they gave me were full of shit that you’re not supposed to eat.. -.- .. bunch of quacks if you ask me. They were focused more on selling their products than me “wasting my money on the internet”. Also, they recommended their digestive enzyme with cellulase in it, which is supposed to be a no no. However, the anti-oxidents were amazing, and I did take the enzyme for 2 days and seen an improvement in energy. Soooo…. idk if I should go back and continue to spend money or just stick it through and get the support from you guys here. Comments guys?

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

If I were you I’d try and find a new naturopath. There are good ones out there, you just have to find them.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Um if you look at most candida diets out there they do contain junk food items…you won’t find a single naturopath out there that says to do a very restricted diet like the one we have on the forum.

Molybdenum is a chelator and you use it only for die-off. If you are over die-off you don’t need to take it any more…it’s only meant to be taken short term. They are likely right that you don’t need to take it further.

Digestive enzymes are widely promoted and used by doctors and naturopaths to treat yeast overgrowth and help destroy biofilms, help you get energy out of the food you eat, and reduce inflammation. They bring great benefit because almost all candida sufferers do not absorb their food correctly, do not break down their food correctly, and most of all are deficient in digestive enzymes. This is why you feel better after taking them…

Juicing can bring great benefit because it’ll allow you to give your digestive system a break for awhile and will help detox the toxins. It’ll also help you remineralize the body, replacing the bad minerals with good minerals. It’ll help balance your pH as well.

Each person has specific supplements that they should take to address their specific health problems so if they are suggesting stuff that we haven’t recommended, there likely is a reason for this because they are treating your various health conditions and not just candida. We are not doctors here on the forum and we don’t know how to treat your health problems.

What was on their food list that was so bad?

-raster

fizzlex
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 24

Well, I seen that beef was one of the main things that most people who have candida should stay away from mainly because of the risk of parasite contamination and it takes longer to digest. I can’t remember off the top of my head, but I know alot of what I read are some things that I know I can’t tolerate immediately. I think the stricter diet is the way to go. As far as chelating, I was informed that I do not need to chelate in the beginning during die off…but yet I know my organs are shot.. so I need molybdenum. Now as far as juicing, I was under the impression that juicing should come during about the 4th week. They seemed knowledgeable, and I want to go back to see them. I’m just not sure if I want to pay $100 a visit for them to tell me the same thing you guys tell me on here. It seems like they just went online and read this website and regurgitated it a bit. Another thing is they said I don’t need Marshmellow Root or Slippery Elm bark, which I have found to be beneficial. They want me to come back for heavy metal testing and some other things in about two weeks. They had told me they had a child who was ate up in candida all over the legs and cured the child within a few months, or at least to where the child was asymptomatic. Now, I inherited candida from my mother and have lived with it for 23 years, which explains why I have so many auto immune and skin diseases, and I stressed to them that it could take years to get me feeling “normal” so to speak. But, they think they can get at least 50% of my symptoms under control in a matter of a few months so I think I do want to work with them, I just don’t know if I can afford THEIR supplements, when I can get them cheaper on the internet. I know they have a few supplements that I do need and I will purchase but I do want purchase a collection from the internet. I’m sure they can get me on the right track as far as detoxing and cleansing though.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

fizzlex;50500 wrote: Well, I seen that beef was one of the main things that most people who have candida should stay away from mainly because of the risk of parasite contamination and it takes longer to digest. I can’t remember off the top of my head, but I know alot of what I read are some things that I know I can’t tolerate immediately. I think the stricter diet is the way to go. As far as chelating, I was informed that I do not need to chelate in the beginning during die off…but yet I know my organs are shot.. so I need molybdenum. Now as far as juicing, I was under the impression that juicing should come during about the 4th week. They seemed knowledgeable, and I want to go back to see them. I’m just not sure if I want to pay $100 a visit for them to tell me the same thing you guys tell me on here. It seems like they just went online and read this website and regurgitated it a bit. Another thing is they said I don’t need Marshmellow Root or Slippery Elm bark, which I have found to be beneficial. They want me to come back for heavy metal testing and some other things in about two weeks. They had told me they had a child who was ate up in candida all over the legs and cured the child within a few months, or at least to where the child was asymptomatic. Now, I inherited candida from my mother and have lived with it for 23 years, which explains why I have so many auto immune and skin diseases, and I stressed to them that it could take years to get me feeling “normal” so to speak. But, they think they can get at least 50% of my symptoms under control in a matter of a few months so I think I do want to work with them, I just don’t know if I can afford THEIR supplements, when I can get them cheaper on the internet. I know they have a few supplements that I do need and I will purchase but I do want purchase a collection from the internet. I’m sure they can get me on the right track as far as detoxing and cleansing though.

I see no problem at all with quality beef unless you are having trouble digesting it.

I think it would be wise to do heavy metal testing as well as a CDSA.
    If you can find cheaper supplements on-line, just be honest with them and say you would rather buy on-line for financial reasons.

Also, if you find a supplement to be beneficial, then you probably should not stop taking it.

-D

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Ya you don’t have to buy their supplements, just get it the first time from them and then get it online every time afterwards or when you run out. Sometimes they get the wholesale prices and its the same price. Supplements are expensive though…could add up.

I’d explain to them about you having leaky gut and might not be able to tolerate some of their food suggestions and they should understand. I have a feeling they will promote eating vegetables mostly, this is where its at!

Well there can be drawbacks to certain herbs such as marshmallow root so maybe they are right. It’d be interesting to see what they say about it but some doctors feel that herbs should not be taken long term.

I have a feeling they will address your liver early on and this should help clear up your skin problems. If you clear it up, then your body will be able to detox properly. If you don’t detox properly, then it’ll build up in the body and you will have to detox via other methods such as via the skin and via the lungs.

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Went to a naturopath’ is closed to new replies.