Weight-loss on Candida Diet

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Weight-loss on Candida Diet

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  locarblaura 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

locarblaura
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 0

I am on Day 6 of my Candida Diet and I have lost 1.4 pounds without even trying. This is without upping my exercise, without calorie-counting, without a strict cleanse. I was 136.4 at the start of the 7 days and I am now 135.0. I am 5’3, so I was not overweight, according to the BMI chart (105-140lb is considered healthy for 5’3), but I did feel like I had some extra poundage and I so excited how the fat has literally sloughed off through no real effort on my part.

My Candida diet consists of meats, low-starch vegetables, candida-friendly nuts & seeds, coconut and olive oils, almond milk (homemade and store-bought), powdered stevia, and various friendly spices and seasonings. (Am I missing something?)

I am choosing to go strict and am not including any grains or dairy (yet). (My positive candida albicans antibodies test coincided with a positive dairy allergy.)

Directly prior to this diet, I was gluten-free, but consuming a lot of fruit, legumes, peanuts, dairy and other carbs. (My diet was already free of processed foods, caffeine, alcohol, soy, seed oils and refined sugars, so it wasn’t as dramatic a jump as some people who are coming from the Standard American Diet.)

I haven’t had cravings for higher-carb foods, and if my body looks and feels great on the Candida diet, then I may never go back! (Although I look forward to making goat milk kefir.)

I will update this post in another week and let you know my progress.

Food Diary:

day 1, 136.4 pounds, day one of probiotics (50 billion)
    B: tuna fish with roasted broccoli, olive oil, flax oil and green apple
    Snack: Almonds
    L: leftover turkey cutlets with cabbage
    Snack: walnuts
    D: quinoa tabbouleh with tomatoes, parsley, cukes and oil
    Snack: almond butter and almond milk
    Middle of night snack: same as above

day 2:, 136 pounds,
    B: tuna fish over big veggie salad, flax oil and OACV
    Snack: 2 tbs ground flax seed in 3 cups water
    L: two eggs with olives, peppers, jalapenos, sauteed in coconut oil
    D: homemade chicken drumsticks in bone broth, pepper and onion curry with coconut milk

day 3: 135 lb,
    4am snack: almond butter, almond milk
    B: 30minutes before: ground flax in 2 c water; homemade chicken drumsticks in bone broth, pepper and onion curry with coconut milk
    L: homemade candida diet cereal (almond flour, coconut, egg, coconut oil, stevia) and almond milk
    Snack: 4 cups of homemade bone broth
    D: roasted cabbage with coconut oil, grass-fed steak

day 4: 137 lb
    B: 30minutes before: ground flax in 2 c water; homemade candida diet cereal (almond flour, coconut, egg, coconut oil, stevia) and almond milk
    Snack: detox drink – olive oil, OACV, water, flax, egg yolk
    L: raw broccoli with coconut oil and olive oil, grass-fed steak
    Snack: homemade candida almond butter balls (see under Desserts in Recipes), almond milk
    D: homemade roast chicken with roasted onions

day 5: 135.6 (started fiber)
    2 a.m: homemade candida almond butter ball and almond milk
    B: homemade candida diet cereal (almond flour, coconut, egg, coconut oil, stevia) and almond milk
    Snack: homemade candida almond butter ball, almond milk
    L: leftover homemade roast chicken with cooked broccoli
    D: homemade roast chicken with roasted onions

october 12, 2016 (upped fiber to three in a.m., upped probiotic to 2 caps in a.m.)
    day 6: 135.0
    3:30a.m: homemade candida almond butter ball and almond milk
    B: homemade candida diet granola (see my post “Granola” in the forum under breakfasts) and almond milk
    L: leftover homemade roast chicken with raw cabbage, oil, OACV
    D: slow-cooked chicken drumsticks and non-starchy vegetables

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Weight-loss on Candida Diet’ is closed to new replies.