Weight issues!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Weight issues!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  healinglight 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

healinglight
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 66

Ever since I have been on this forum I have persistently read about weight loss issues, and frankly I was a bit happy to learn that. Long term antibiotics and steroids had made me gain a lot of weight, and I was looking forward to shedding some off.

Besides, I have a weird looking bulge in the lower abdomen, the stomach being flat and lower abdomen bulging which makes me feel very conscious and uncomfortable about my body, being a young female, this made me feel even worse. I read online that this is due to candida and this gave me a sigh of relief, a hope, at least to some extent that it would go away as I will be getting rid of candida, since no amount of fat free diet or exercise had helped me in the past (before I knew I had candida issues).

My concern is that despite being on the forum’s diet, probiotics, antifungals and supplements, although the fevers, allergies etc. have lessened and energy level is better, there is no weight loss, and no reduction in that lower abdomen bulge. I have only lost partially the weight I gained due to steroids and antibiotics, and am still overweight by some 20 pounds.

Have really been wondering if something is going wrong or are there others too who have not lost weight at all?

Besides, does anyone else too have the lower abdomen bulge I mentioned, or do I attribute it to something else?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I’ve also not experienced the drastic weight loss a lot folks on here talk about. I’ve lost about 25 pounds since starting the diet, which sounds like a lot, but in terms of percentage, it’s much less than many others who lose 20-30 pounds. I’m still 40-60 pounds overweight, according to most body weight charts.

Also, while I obviously haven’t seen it, I don’t know that your “bulgy” lower abdomen is necessarily related to candida, or anything else. Unless a woman has an extremely low body fat percentage and/or does a lot of core/abdominal work, chances are that her belly is, well, a belly. Which is fine and normal.

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

When did you start the diet? And, maybe this was a typo of yours? But how is 25lbs lost much less than others who lose 20-30 lbs? Lastly, what’s your diet like? Total calories in a day?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I started the diet December 17th, 2012. It’s not a typo — as noted, I’m referring to 25 pounds being a small percentage of my starting weight of 228 pounds. It’s far more significant for a 175- or 150-pound person to lose 20-30 pounds than it is for someone who is well over 200 pounds to do the same. That said, I’ve made peace with my body doing what it needs to do currently, which is to heal. I can’t be a “healthy” weight if I’m not actually healthy.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I think it just varies from person to person as far as weight loss on the diet, as well as where your fat gets stored. Some of it could be candida-related, but things like that also come from genetics, your metabolism, etc.

Also, I know at least one person on here was on the diet for quite a long time (like a year, maybe?) before she suddenly started dropping pounds.

I would just be more concerned with getting healthy, like Shayfo said…eventually, when you get rid of the infestation and heal your body, you will reach whatever weight/shape your body naturally wants to be in.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I lost ten pounds the first week and now my body has stabilized. I have a great metabolism. Anyone will lose weight on the diet. It will come in time

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

shayfo;44310 wrote: I started the diet December 17th, 2012. It’s not a typo — as noted, I’m referring to 25 pounds being a small percentage of my starting weight of 228 pounds. It’s far more significant for a 175- or 150-pound person to lose 20-30 pounds than it is for someone who is well over 200 pounds to do the same. That said, I’ve made peace with my body doing what it needs to do currently, which is to heal. I can’t be a “healthy” weight if I’m not actually healthy.

That’s great. I think that often the tendancy is to compare our results to others. For instance, “So and so can eat ANYTHING they want now and is totally cured, why can’t I?!”

When living this lifestyle we have to have blinder’s on; staying focused on ourselves and our own, unique, healing.

Keya
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 68

I actually gained weight on the diet. I was always very thin and gained 15 pounds while on the diet. I think everybody’s body reacts differently. And “a weird looking bulge in the lower abdomen” can be, like shayfo said, just a belly 😉

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

As for me, I started to try and treat candida in January, but then I started following more of Able’s protocol in late February. Now, I am sort of mixing Able’s and the new naturopath’s advice that I started having consults with. At first, I did lose a little weight, even in January. However, I have been pretty much able to maintain now, which is good for me because I am extremely thin male. I have had a host of problems in the past, gastroparesis, living with no colon, antibiotics, multiple, multiple ppi’s, anti-acids, which destroyed my stomach, etc.

As far as the bulge, I can actually commend on that, but my comes when I feel lots of pressure, gas, constipated, and I can’t get anything out. Do you have that problem sometimes?

healinglight
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 66

Thank you all for your response.

As far as the bulge, I can actually commend on that, but my comes when I feel lots of pressure, gas, constipated, and I can’t get anything out. Do you have that problem sometimes?

I do have these issues, but not to a great extent, after I started taking probiotics things have been much better in this regard, specially when I take human micro flora probiotics in rotation.

The bulge came 12 years ago when I had a huge ovarian cyst, and then did not go even after the surgery to remove the cyst. But since I now realize that I had candida even before that, thus, I am relating the two (besides the articles on the net). Besides, before that my abdomen was always flat, I was never very thin, but not overweight, since I was into sports (which I had to leave due to health issues). Still I continued with Hatha Yoga and 30 minutes walking to keep myself fit, but the bulge doesn’t disappear. A noteworthy fact would be I guess that it immediately reduces after I take enema, but doesn’t disappear.

But as alexalgebra said the main concern is definitely to heal, but I had been concerned after reading the weight loss problems here. And the bulge…had not seen anyone writing about it so am concerned.

And I just hope the body gets back to its normal weight as it heals.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Weight issues!’ is closed to new replies.