Week 3

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

alwcm4
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 19

I’ve gotten through 2 full weeks of Stage 1. The only die-off symptoms I’m having currently (other than tired and shakiness from lack of calories) are rashes that keep popping up. I have what I’m guessing is a yeast infection in my right armpit that kind of wraps under my breast and I have some itchy bumps on the back of my right hand and the palm of my left hand, but none of it is too bad.

I want to know – can I start taking the coconut oil now? I want to move this along a little quicker, as I feel like I’m starving to death and would like to add some things back in sooner than later. If I start having worse die off reactions I can ease up a bit, but I’m wondering if it is too soon to start the oil?

My second question is, you guys all talk about adding foods back in slowly so you can tell what you will have a reaction to…. what do you mean by reaction. A rash? upset stomach? Just wondering.

Thanks guys and gals!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It is probably OK to start the coconut oil at this point.

As far as skin rashes, I think its pretty normal, I got one on my face last week for some weird reason. I used to have pretty bad ringworm.

Reaction refers to leaky gut allergic reaction. When you have foods you shouldn’t eat, it leaks out of gut into blood stream causing a “hyperventilation” type feeling. For me, this later turned into just an allergic reaction. I feel a head change immediately and feel sorta crappy for (1-2 hours when I was really sick, but now its 1-2 minutes). Its a burning feeling, sorta like a rugburn, and it sometimes causes headaches.

You probably don’t have as bad of a leaky gut as I do, but you may have it a little.

As far as adding foods; I still haven’t added any at week 14 (I have a severe case). I can probably start adding stuff at this point, and I have had no die-off symptoms and/or leaky gut for a few weeks or longer. I’d personally wait until you feel almost “normal.”

alwcm4
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 19

My problem is I can’t differentiate between the Candida symptoms of fatigue and tiredness and the complete and total lack of calories I’m eating. I eat as many veggies as possible and meat and eggs, but if I eat to much at once it makes me sick, I know I’m not getting enough on a daily basis.

I went to the organic isle of our local Hyvee and found some things that may help with that, almond butter, Fage (organic yogurt), buckwheat flour and quiona flour and some avacodos. The coconut flour bread is just to gross tasting for me to eat without gagging. I’m weird and if I don’t like it I can’t just make myself eat it, I’ll puke!

raster
    Participant

The fatigue and tiredness are normal and its not completely due to lack of calories. I have a very low calorie diet but I am not fatigued from this; I have a ton of energy most of the time now…way more than before the diet when I ate a bunch of sugar, grains, etc.

As far as trying new foods, you should be very careful. It sounds like you have a weaker case of candida than most…but I personally had a bad leaky gut reaction to quinoa and almond butter. Quinoa is technically a grain (sorta similar to wheat) but it has less gluten, so if you feel funky one time after eating it, don’t eat it again until stage 2.

Same with almond butter; it contains quite of bit of natural sugars. Some people can handle it; I think I will finally be able to have it after week 14 of the diet. Make sure its fresh (made today) almond butter, otherwise it’ll contain a lot of preservatives and molds.

Try adding the lemon (and lemon zest) and stevia to the coconut flour bread and it may taste better; add coconut oil or regular butter to increase its flavor…I really like it but its not for everyone.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Amanda.

Once you’ve tested one of the foods you named in the other post and cleared it as ‘ok’ there’s no reason you can’t start eating it every day, which should help with obtaining more calories. Also, you should go ahead and add two teaspoons of the coconut oil a day, after a day , if the die-off is not too bad for you, go ahead and add another teaspoon. Three teaspoons contain 125 calories plus needed oils, so you can see how adding another spoon full every day or two will continue to raise your calorie intake. Raster’s idea about adding lemon zest, Stevia and even lemon juice to the coconut bread may help with the taste. The bread would be a great addition to your diet as far as making you feel full and also helping with calories. If it’s just the coconut flour that bothers you, you might try dividing the total amount of flour into two or three parts. For example, you could try using coconut flour, brown rice flour, and milled flax seed instead of all coconut flour, or you could leave out just one of these. This makes denser, heavier bread than pure coconut flour bread which is fairly light compared the other. On these two types of bread you can also brush olive oil on top of a piece, add various herbs such as the brand Perfect Pinch to the top and toast it either in the oven or a toaster oven. We’ve served this to dinner guest quite often, and so far everyone has loved it. The herbs and olive oil seem to change the taste.

Whatever you do, do not spread regular butter on the bread as Raster suggested. Of course this is a dairy product and will definitely feed the Candida. After starving them for a few weeks, they’ll think it’s Christmas with a buttery meal.

Having an avocado once or twice a day is another healthy way to add calories. Being satisfied and feeling full is really all about being creative on the Candida diet.

Raster mentioned your reactions were Leaky Gut Syndrome, but the reactions do not necessarily stem from Leaky Gut. You may not even have this, but of course it’s a possibility. Some reactions are simply what having Candida feels like, such as fatigue and intense hunger even though you just finished eating a meal. A Candida reaction can be just about anything such as a spot of yeast getting a bit worse, worsening of an itch, or stomach problems, among others.

If you’re still taking 125 mcg of the Molybdenum, I would go ahead and add at least another 125 mcg to what you’re taking. And you can add a third dose if the die-off becomes too bad from the coconut oil.

Please let us know how the coconut oil goes. I hope you can tolerate swallowing it as it’s a problem for some people; having a warm cup of water available to help you get the spoon full down usually works for some people.

Able

sage
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 13

Hi Amanda,
    I`ve started week 3 too and went food shopping over the weekend as I`m starving also.
    Picked up the following: brown rice cakes, almond butter ( to put on the those yummy rice cakes)! Quinoa (not bad, I made some for my stir fry`s) and more avocado`s.
    I also made the coconut bread – it`s an acquired taste. LOL
    My problem now is I need to slow down and not add too different foods. Today I didn`t feel quite as good & of course don`t know what is setting me off.

I wish I could stomach eggs more…. so my base food is veggies with fresh garlic & lemons. + Chicken (cooked with coconut oil) , Herbal teas.
    Tomorrow I will try making a veggie soup & with other rice cake.

raster
    Participant

Could be the quinoa sage…if you look at your stool the next day it won’t come out very digested. I highly discourage quinoa from a personal experience, however if its works for you then more power to you! It is important to eat enough food.

On a side note: don’t indulge too much with these new foods. Maybe have 1-2 servings a week of them and not more. If you eat something like quinoa or rice everyday of the week it’ll simply feed the candida. Same with the fruits, don’t indulge too much, keep it to one serving a day maximum.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Week 3’ is closed to new replies.