water keifer, sugar, vs Candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions water keifer, sugar, vs Candida

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  gcha8e 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

gcha8e
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 28

Our new doctor has us on a home brewed concoction of water keifer, we like it quite a lot, and flavor it with fruit, etc…

My question is whether or not the probiotic bacteria in the keifer outweigh the problem of the sugar.

It is made by fermenting the bacteria in a quart of water with a half cup or so of organic turbinado sugar, and a teaspoon of molassas. I finally told my wife that we are just feeding the yeast and doing no good, but she replied that “the sugar is already digested by the probiotic” (but it is still sweet to the tast….) and that the doctor said that the “benefits of the keifer outweight the problem of the sugar”.

thoughts?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Check out this kefir post:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1146_Kefir.aspx

There may be a way to make it without adding sugar; I am unsure. Probiotics are essential for getting healthier when fighting candida; especially if your daughter has been on antibiotics. Kefir is the best form of antibiotic as well.

-Raster

johnny22
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 23

I am just a novice here. But from what I have read the sugar is used up by the kefir bacteria. That’s what they live on. Although it would be better probably if your kefir was more sour.

As Raster says kefir is one of the best foods anyway.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

johnny22 wrote: I am just a novice here. But from what I have read the sugar is used up by the kefir bacteria. That’s what they live on. Although it would be better probably if your kefir was more sour.

Actually, the act of fermentation is what ‘uses up the sugar’ == so the longer the kefir is fermented, the less sugar remains in the product.

Homemade kefir is really just about the most important factor in a Candida cure, without it, the treatment will last much longer than necessary. And as we’ve mentioned before, kefir not only helps to rid your body of the Candida albicans, but it also destroys other pathogens which crop up during the previous diet which allowed to infestation to take over the body.

Able

gcha8e
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 28

We are taking our girl off of the Kefir for the moment, and using a Natren Probiotic powder with applesauce.

We are considering a longer brew time for the next kefir round. But we must adjust our process it seems. The current method is a two day brew. Perhaps simply reduce sugar amount? The stronger the brew, the more sour the taste, and the more loose my stools… heh. But when I travel I am without the kefir so I haven’t the ability to deal with the stronger concoctions.

Should we double down and use both Acidophilus powder as well as the kefir?

Also, should we eliminate water/sugar keifer and use the dairy or yogurt keifir, I read that lactose is not digestible by the majority of Candida strains, while sucrose, glucos, fructose, and galactose they love to eat.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘water keifer, sugar, vs Candida’ is closed to new replies.