Warning about this protocol

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Warning about this protocol

This topic contains 23 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  alexalgebra 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

For those who don’ know my screen name, I’ve been on this website for over a year. I tried the forum’s protocol when i had nowhere else to turn.

The diet does help, but please proceed with caution before you start taking probiotics, pills, drinks, and especially antifungals that people on the internet are telling you saved their life. Everyone is different, and the people on this website, although seemingly operating with good intentions, are different from you and are not medical professionals.

I say this because of all the help I received from the experts here when I started the diet, no one once mentioned that you should rule out mercury poisoning.

Yesterday I was diagnosed with mercury poisoning at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota in the United States. It is my underlying illness, and the medicine I’m on will give me a strong chance at a full recovery over the next 2-3 years, if not sooner.

The “diet” part of the fourm protocol is very helpful, and has taught me a lot of what foods I can handle, what foods are ok to have every now and then, whille I try to function normally on my road to recovery from mercury poisoning.

While I was on the forum protocol and spending a fortune on pills and antifungals, the anitfungals were pushing my already severe depression into hyperdrive. My already manic behavior became unmanageable, and I’m lucky that I didn’t cause harm to myself.

My advice to people searching for answers…never give up, and proceed with caution. I don’t think it is morally right for “experts” on this forum to be handing out medical advice…they should stick to talking about problematic foods. What worked for Able, almost caused me to commit suicide. I want everyone here to read that last sentence and realize just how dangerous it is to try and treat people over the internet without knowning the patient’s history, test results, etc.

With that said, I am very upset that in all the information I found on this forum, not once did it say that I should rule out mercury poisoning (which has the exact same physical and digestive symptoms of candida). That is very irresponsible and you are dealing with people’s lives here. You guys are spending hours of your days trying to help people…almost blindly pushing this protocol. You should exercise more responsibility when dealing with desperate sick people.

The “protocol” part of this program almost caused me to lose my job and take my life. I had severe suicidal thoughts while taking antifungals, and I haven’t had them since I stopped. PUT THAT ON YOUR TESTIMONIES PAGE. The “diet” part of this forum would have just been fine for me. Why isn’t that explained on all the “links” on this forum? More warnings and caution need to be exercised when promosing people that they will be cured by taking coconut oil and kefir.

A simple “the diet here will make you feel a lot better” and “if you want to try to reverse your candida, these medicines might help, but proceed with extremem caution, as these antifungals can cause severe depression and manic behavior in some cases”. I mean Jesus – you guys should really think about this because you are dealing with very desperate and vulnerable people. I understand you guys are enthusiatic about helping sick people, but a responsible individual would realize the world is not black and white and diseases often mimick one another. These antifungals can cause serious mental and physical side effects.

With all that said, I’m doing much better on my mercury medicine, more than I ever was while doing this forum’s protocol for 9 months, and now I’m following a lot of the diet that is laid on this website to keep my symptoms manageable so I can continue my career and get on with life while I recover from mercury poisoning.

Stay classy,

Jeff

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I agree with a lot of your comments and I only try to be helpful. We are not doctors like you have stated and I try to tell people to consult doctors and naturopaths as much as possible. Everyone has their own version of candida in my opinion and thus everyone has their own cure or way to feel better.

I also suspect I have mercury toxicity and as dvjorge has mentioned a few times this needs to be addressed seperately. A few other forum members also have this as well but do not talk about it very often.

And the simple fact is we are talking about gut flora health and know one knows what is in someone else’s gut so I just share general information about how to feel better. If you feel worse, then you should seek professional help and I suggest this as much as possible.

We are basically talking about “DIY health treatments” on the internet and treating yourself has its own risks as you can imagine. I think most people understand this before attempting to get better or change their health.

-raster

NiuBlau
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 39

I used to read a lot on curezone and am here only two months or so.

There (CZ) I have read very often that mercury could cause the candida and that it will never go away before You treat the mercury if that’s the case for You.

Also I have to say that everyone who tries to treat himself without professional help (naturopath etc.) does that at his own risk.

I don’t think it is okay to blame the people here who offer information for decisions You made for Yourself.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

While I agree with a lot of points you made, most everybody understands we are responsible for our own health.

Raster, Able and the forum regulars are just being true to their experiences and doing a lot of good things IMO.

I feel very fortunate to have found this forum and its protocol. I appreciate what Raster, Able, and rest of the crew is doing. It’s truly helping.

In italics, and the bottom of the diet/protocol ->

Disclaimer: I cannot be responsible for any illness or discomfort which may develop once you have started the strict diet. In addition I make no claim that this or the protocol on the forum will cure you because, in the end, the cure is completely up to you and no one else

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Danny33;42809 wrote: I feel very fortunate to have found this forum and its protocol. I appreciate what Raster, Able, and rest of the crew is doing. It’s truly helping.

In italics, and the bottom of the diet/protocol ->

Disclaimer: I cannot be responsible for any illness or discomfort which may develop once you have started the strict diet. In addition I make no claim that this or the protocol on the forum will cure you because, in the end, the cure is completely up to you and no one else

Thank you for pointing out my statement about the diet and protocol, Danny. It’s interesting that Titan didn’t take the time to include that in his post, or maybe he never even bothered to read it.

But he is right, as I’ve pointed out literally hundreds of times on the forum, in emails and private messages: everyone is different; what works for one will not work for all, and it’s up to each individual to do their own research as far as their particular health problems are concerned.

And to everyone reading this message; please don’t think for a second that I’m going to allow Titan’s words to sway me from what I now feel is a duty to try and help those who are suffering from a Candida overgrowth the way I did. I have far too many personal messages and emails from those who are grateful for having reached a state of “good” health and being rid of their Candida symptoms while on the diet and protocol to stop now. If this protocol and diet combined can heal 1 person out of 100 who has suffered as I did, then I feel that my time on this forum has been worth every negative feedback message I’ve seen in the past two years.

Thanks again for taking the time to post your message,
    Able

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Without this site I was lost. I just got tested for mercury and all my deficiencies last week. The only reason I knew about mercury poisoning was from this site. My yeast numbers have gone down a lot in the 5 months of treatment however I just got diagnosed with sibo also. This site has helped me choose foods, and what drs to choose. I do not have mercury poisoning as my tests revealed no elevated amounts. Just bacteria and yeast. Without this site I wouldn’t of known what tests to take. It’s a pain in the ass everyday but now I know to keep hitting the yeast and now hit the sibo. So this site is cool with me

Ruffian
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

Jeff–

Glad you are feeling better but I have to say, it’s not cool to come to a website that is trying to help people who suffer from Candida and get mad because you had Mercury instead. Whose fault here is that? You need to take sole responsibility for your own health. The internet is one giant never-ending realm of information. You have to judge what is right for you personally.

I hope Able, Raster and others won’t stop helping.

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

I am thankful for the internet and this forum, and it probably wasn’t “cool” for me to rant the way I did this morning…I’ve been going through a lot of emotions because of mercury. I took out a lot of frustrations out on this forum today, and that is not fair. I am far more upset with my local doctors that misdiagnosed me, and I took it out on this forum when what I really wanted to do was walk into my GP’s office and ask them why they didn’t suggest mercury poisioning when I told them of all my extreme symptoms 2 years ago. I would have been fully recovered by now, still married, and probably a first time dad.

I’m still learning a lot of valuable lessons through this whole process, and it seems I learned another one today. Until I get on the other side of this illness, I need to stay as calm as possible, and hold off on hitting the send button before I’ve had time to reflect on my statements…that would be the responsible thing to do. It’s very frustrating to know that I sometimes don’t have control of my thoughts and actions, but comforting now to know that one day I will once I recover from mercury.

And you are right, I need to take responsibility for my own health. I pushed and pushed with antifungals, and I honestly got worse mentally. While I was on the protocol, I couldn’t tell what was causing what in my system. I know what Able said about testing things out, and I did that to the best of my ability…but it’s so much to take in, especially if you have something challenging you mentally like mercury.

What I wish was happening more on this forum is for everyone to keep an open mind. Some of us might heal and eventually eat normal healthy food again. We don’t know for sure if we have Candida alone or something else, or not at all. There are so many symptoms that could easily be placed under the Candida umbrella. And when you are deseperate and not getting answers, you are willing to believe and try anything, and as forum members, we should be totally aware of the responsibility that presents.

I was already stressed because of years of no answers, then a divorce and losing my home, and believing that I would have to eat a restrictive diet for the rest of my life…it wasn’t so much the kinds of things that were happening, it’s that my mind was going to extreme fears with all of this.

And it doesn’t help that there are rare success stories on the internet. If people are getting better or worse, they rarely come back to tell us…at least I’m doing that.

Able, I realize you are not perfect, and that you are sincerely trying to help. You helped me many times emotionally, and I am thankful. I hope we can learn and move forward from all this.

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

I’m actually quite amazed Able stays on this forum despite feeling so much better. That says a lot about who he is.

Also, I find it interesting that you never heard about Mercury toxicity. Since the beginning I have read articles and books which discussed its connection to health issues.

Everyone really should be under the consult of doctors. This is important, even a given, unfortunately many don’t have the finances, insurance, or one knowledgeable with such issues to really offer any help.

Anyways, I empathize with your struggles Titan and hope the best for your recovery in health.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

titan;42822 wrote: Able, I realize you are not perfect, and that you are sincerely trying to help. You helped me many times emotionally, and I am thankful. I hope we can learn and move forward from all this.

No hard feelings here at all, Titan. Even though it’s been two years ago since my own infestation, I still remember very well the frustration I felt at the time with every treatment I went through during the time I experienced the torment of the infestation.

Thanks for the post.
    Able

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

I want to comment about the Mercury issue.

Since I am a long time candida sufferer that have studied this syndrome obsessively, I can tell you I have mentioned the link between chronic candidiasis with Mercury toxicity many times in this an other forums.

What I notice in this forum is who mostly lead it regarding to advice don’t give it too much credit. As a result, many people that should be aware of this don’t get the right orientation, however, they get persistent advice that following a diet and taking supplements they will resolve this syndrome. It isn’t true. We all should be open to advice not only what we think that works but to consider the testimonies of those who have found different avenues in the path to a better health.

I feel sad that Titan never read any of my posts mentioning Mercury as the main hidden cause of Chronic Candidiasis.

What happens is I don’t get support when I post this kind of information with my best intention of helping other. It doesn’t mean that the advice many people give in this forum don’t have value, but they should be able to suggest different options when people deal with it.

The link between Mercury and CRC is seriously mentioned in respected medical books about this topic.

The link between CRC and Mercury is well documented in many incredible testimonies written by sufferers in the web.

It is time to give it the right value. Since many us are here to help, we are responsible for mentioning it.

Jorge.

dvjorge
    Participant

[h]And to everyone reading this message; please don’t think for a second that I’m going to allow Titan’s words to sway me from what I now feel is a duty to try and help those who are suffering from a Candida overgrowth the way I did. I have far too many personal messages and emails from those who are grateful for having reached a state of “good” health and being rid of their Candida symptoms while on the diet and protocol to stop now. If this protocol and diet combined can “cure” 1 person out of 100 who has suffered as I did, then I feel that my time on this forum has been worth every negative feedback message I’ve seen in the past two years.[/h]

This is great and a noble cause Able, but I have an observation about it.

You are persistent trying that your diet and supplement suggestion work for every one. You never give people advice that look for another kind of treatment or a different path. You know about the Mercury toxicity linked to candidiasis since you read the information that comes to this forum and probably more sources. However, there are posts from you diminishing the importance of this subject and even claiming that people who may have leaking amalgams can cure CRC following a diet and supplements. Please, don’t tell me this doesn’t have scientific evidence because the diet and supplements don’t have it either. It is all anecdotal.

I do believe a diet and supplements can work in many cases, but there is a moment where it is just to tell those who need orientation, hey, you need to look for underlying causes and mercury is a main one if they aren’t getting the expected results.

It doesn’t matter if you have personal experience or not about the subject but people deserve to know they can look for something else that probably is the reason of the unresponsive candidiasis.

This is the real way to help in my opinion. I have advice a diet and the most unharmed supplement until the most aggressive Rx treatment. What I can not see is people stuck with the same thing for months and months going to nowhere.

We have acquired knowledge and experience to suggest many things or at least to say, I don’t have any other suggestion, but you need to find who may give you a better advice.

We shouldn’t be married with anything when we deal with chronic candidiasis neither should keep telling people continue or hold it more when they may need another treatment.

Jorge.

ms81
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 27

honestly, I wouldn’t try any pills until I’ve contact a physician. but I did try a lot of food suggestions like kefir, coconut and almond milk, pau d’arco tea and probiotic pills.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I appreciate the help regardless from people that cured their infestation. Sibo, mercury poisoning, candida, they all have a lot of the same symptoms. The advice on here is great and its up to the person to find the right person to help along with the advice. I was lost and now I feel like I know more then my Dr’s. However I still am suffering after 5 months, due to probably many miscues and other stuff. But thanks to everyone that helps on here. One day I hope to be cured and I can help people. I started back in school because I want to be a Dr and help people the right way. Im desperate for help so I know how it feels to want or need help. I want to be that person someday in the future

dvjorge
    Participant

moochpb;42838 wrote: I appreciate the help regardless from people that cured their infestation. Sibo, mercury poisoning, candida, they all have a lot of the same symptoms. The advice on here is great and its up to the person to find the right person to help along with the advice. I was lost and now I feel like I know more then my Dr’s. However I still am suffering after 5 months, due to probably many miscues and other stuff. But thanks to everyone that helps on here. One day I hope to be cured and I can help people. I started back in school because I want to be a Dr and help people the right way. Im desperate for help so I know how it feels to want or need help. I want to be that person someday in the future

I am sure you are going to find the way to overcome it.

Jorge.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Warning about this protocol’ is closed to new replies.