Waking up to reality…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Waking up to reality…

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  lonelygirl 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

lonelygirl
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 14

Jorge this post is mainly for you. You have been such an inspiration to me and after reading the packet I received in the mail from Marjorie Crandall, I feel like all the pieces are finally fitting together in my mind about everything you have been talking about! Thank you so much for mentioning her name. I can’t wait to talk with her also and get her advice.

Basically I’ve been at this strict diet and natural antifungal protocol for long enough (in my opinion) to tell it’s not the answer I was hoping for. I don’t mean at all to sound negative because I have learned so much that will stick with me and I will benefit from on this forum. But I have serious doubts that a cure can be reached this way and being on this diet is almost worse than the itching that torments my days and my nights.

Jorge I am so grateful that you have gone ahead of me in this path I am about to go down. Being on the road to recovery yourself you are too kind to remain on this forum and answer questions for us. Hopefully I can help you in some way as well by my experiences.

I do have quite a few questions I was hoping you could answer for me if it’s not too much trouble:

Say for instance I started oral Nystatin as well as Nystatin enemas, and along with a strict diet was able to become symptom free. Where would I go from there? Would I need to take allergy shots and build my immunity before adding foods back in my diet? Would I need to continue taking Nystatin while doing the allergy shots? Are you still on Nystatin and doing allergy shots presently? I know there isn’t a “one size fits all” answer to my questions but hopefully you can shed some light on where you are at and hoping for in regards to your treatment goals. It sure would be nice to hear from you more and receive updates as to how you are progressing in your treatment!

Thanks for reading! Thanks for all you have taught me!

nikki
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 136

The title makes perfect sense “Waking up to Reality”

I second you on the point “I’ve been at this strict diet and natural antifungal protocol for long enough (in my opinion) to tell it’s not the answer”. I have experienced this as well.

Even after being on the strict diet for long periods, I didnt see any cure at the end.

Dr. Orian Truss in his book The Missing Diagnosis mentions clearly that the diet/protocol is a passive measure of avoidance.

He says “The active treatment is through Anti-Fungal medicines”, he mentioned Nystatin.

I am also waiting for a reply from dvjorge.
    Want to know how he is doing now, is he fully recovered.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

lonelygirl;32231 wrote: Jorge this post is mainly for you. You have been such an inspiration to me and after reading the packet I received in the mail from Marjorie Crandall, I feel like all the pieces are finally fitting together in my mind about everything you have been talking about! Thank you so much for mentioning her name. I can’t wait to talk with her also and get her advice.

Basically I’ve been at this strict diet and natural antifungal protocol for long enough (in my opinion) to tell it’s not the answer I was hoping for. I don’t mean at all to sound negative because I have learned so much that will stick with me and I will benefit from on this forum. But I have serious doubts that a cure can be reached this way and being on this diet is almost worse than the itching that torments my days and my nights.

Jorge I am so grateful that you have gone ahead of me in this path I am about to go down. Being on the road to recovery yourself you are too kind to remain on this forum and answer questions for us. Hopefully I can help you in some way as well by my experiences.

I do have quite a few questions I was hoping you could answer for me if it’s not too much trouble:

Say for instance I started oral Nystatin as well as Nystatin enemas, and along with a strict diet was able to become symptom free. Where would I go from there? Would I need to take allergy shots and build my immunity before adding foods back in my diet? Would I need to continue taking Nystatin while doing the allergy shots? Are you still on Nystatin and doing allergy shots presently? I know there isn’t a “one size fits all” answer to my questions but hopefully you can shed some light on where you are at and hoping for in regards to your treatment goals. It sure would be nice to hear from you more and receive updates as to how you are progressing in your treatment!

Thanks for reading! Thanks for all you have taught me!

Thanks for your words.

Unfortunately, I got sick with this syndrome during 2008 after taking several courses of broad spectrum antibiotics. Since that, my battle began from 0. I didn’t know anything about candidiasis but I wanted my life back. Thanks god, I had enough money and time to dig it to the deepest even when English isn’t my main idiom.

During these years, I have bought all candida books you can find in the web, written in every candida forum in the web, and read hundreds of stories about this syndrome.

Many people get better following web alternative protocols, specially those with a mild case. I can not criticize some of these protocols since the mainstream medicine don’t help most of the time.

Having said it, I can say that many cases need medical treatments where Nystatin, Fluconazole, Nystatin enemas, immune stimulation shots with candida antigen are necessary.

Regarding to Dr. Crandall, I can say she is unique. She is a real candida expert with knowledge about this syndrome and her own experience battling it. I have read her material about it and also spoken with her. She can guide any case to recover. She is also one who has insisted to me that immune shots are really important because they reverse the immune tolerance to an active immune response to candida albicans.

So, I advice you to get the immune stimulation shot even if you are symptom free. If you have access to an Allergist that will be able to cooperate and give you the shots, don’t hesitate.

What you may do now, will pay you for the rest of your life. Candida is always an enemy.

Jorge.

nikki

dvjorge,

how r u feeling now?

dvjorge
    Participant

nikki;32292 wrote: dvjorge,

how r u feeling now?

I am almost symptom free with the exception of some minor intestinal symptoms. I don’t have systemic symptoms caused by micotoxins. You can not use my case as a reference because I was severely ill. My overgrowth was massive and very severe. I took too much antibiotics and I was already plagued with fungus. It almost kills me. My recover is harder than most cases.

Anyway, I have returned to Nystatin retention enemas, a diet, and oral Nystatin plus EDTA after the year began. I will do an effort to eliminate what I think is some difficult colonies in the lower part of my intestines. There is still fungus in my colon (transverse, cecum ) or at the lower part of the small bowel. I feel it and I know the symptoms. That is the most difficult part to reach orally and rectally. Orally, it is almost impossible to reach even with non-absorbed drugs such as Nystatin. The enemas are the only hope. I mean high enemas using gravity to allow the water with Nystatin to run down to that part. I am doing it and will keep it until this subside. I have added EDTA to the retention enema. I open a capsule and mix it with water. It is a personal decision. There is not reference of doing it. It is something I want to experiment.

Jorge.

nikki

dvjorge;32293 wrote:

I have added EDTA to the retention enema.

Jorge.

Why EDTA?

Do you have any metal toxicity? or is it needed for all candida sufferers?

lonelygirl

I just spoke with Dr. Crandall this evening and it went quite well. I was impressed by her compassion and her rate is very reasonable also! I know I have a battle ahead of me now but I am confident that I will get better with her suggestions.

Her recommendations to me were to combine nystatin and diflucan and an antifungal/steroid topical cream. I am also going to experiment with nystatin enemas and she said this was okay. One question I had that she could not answer was why I have a back ache every day since starting on natural antifungals and probiotics. She said she has never had a patient complain of a back ache from die off. Mine has lasted three months and it is a daily occurance. I know it’s from the antifungals though because I’ve gotten it with coconut oil, oil of oregano, SF722, and probiotics. Maybe I am killing the yeast every day but not in sufficient amounts to see an improvement? I just don’t know at this point.

I am a registered nurse by trade and although I remain highly suspicious of western medicine it does have it’s merits. One thing about being a nurse is I am a horrible patient! It can be downright scary to place your health in someone else’s hands. It’s not easy being on the other side but it teaches you to treat people how you want to be treated when the roles are reversed.

I’m so happy for those of you who have found success with more natural methods. This was my highest hope as well but I cannot take living like this anymore. I have been suffering almost 3 years now and there really has not been any improvement while on the strict diet for over three months and taking a combination of probiotics that were costing me $180 a month.

What should scare us even more than western medicine is our western society and the way it is going. God is not mentioned anywhere and we wonder why our Nation is a mess? It is a mess and it’s getting worse every day! But I digress…

I am grateful for this outlet to share some of my story. Thank you Jorge for your reply. I will pray for your continued recovery. God is my strength and though I don’t understand what He is doing His mercy has never failed me! I just have to believe His promises found in the Bible and trust that He will lead me safely home to be with Him someday!

Hugs to you all!

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I’m a massage therapist, and I think the back ache makes sense. Killing the candida is flooding your system with toxins, and while a lot of them are being flushed out, I’m sure not all of them would be. Pretty much across the board, toxins irritate muscles, and once muscles have been irritated long enough, they create their own waste products which continue the cycle of irritation. People also hold stress in various places, so the (considerable) stress of undergoing a long-term, extensive treatment like this could very likely manifest in psychological tension in your back, shoulders, neck, etc.

Just my (non-medical but professional) thoughts on the subject.

Tsunny
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 94

lonelygirl- did Dr. Crandell say the dosages per day of Nystatin and Diflucan?

nikki

lonelygirl;32307 wrote: I just spoke with Dr. Crandall this evening and it went quite well. I was impressed by her compassion and her rate is very reasonable also! I know I have a battle ahead of me now but I am confident that I will get better with her suggestions.

Her recommendations to me were to combine nystatin and diflucan and an antifungal/steroid topical cream.

Dose Dr. Crandall give you prescriptions for the medicines as well? or will you need to goto a doctor for that?

Or else how r u getting the medicines. I was just curious because its really hard to find a doctor who prescribes those on a longterm basis.

dvjorge
    Participant

nikki;32304 wrote:

I have added EDTA to the retention enema.

Jorge.

Why EDTA?

Do you have any metal toxicity? or is it needed for all candida sufferers?

EDTA is a powerful antifungal. It is more powerful than many Rx antifungals. It is almost non-absorbed by the intestinal lining, and has low antibacterial activity. This is the reason I am using it. It isn’t as a chelator.

Jorge.

dvjorge
    Participant

The effect of ethylenediamine-tetraacetic acid on Candida albicans.

AuthorsSen BH, et al. Show all Journal
    Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2000 Nov;90(5):651-5.

Affiliation
    Department of Restorative Dentistry and Endodontology, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey. [email protected]

Abstract
    OBJECTIVES: The aim of this study was to evaluate the antifungal effect of ethylenediamine-tetraacetic acid (EDTA) on Candida albicans, comparing it with that of various disinfectants and common antifungal agents.

STUDY DESIGN: Two clinical oral isolates and 1 standard strain of C albicans were included in this study. Main contents of the test solutions were sodium hypochlorite, EDTA, chlorhexidine, hexetidine, benzalkonium chloride, povidone-iodine, nystatin, and ketoconazole. The agar diffusion method was used to determine the antifungal effects of the solutions. Zones of inhibition were recorded and the results were analyzed statistically by using a 2-way analysis of variance.

RESULTS: EDTA demonstrated the highest antifungal activity in comparison with routine antifungal drugs and all other solutions (P <.0001). Oral cavity isolate was more resistant to the test solutions (P <.0001).

CONCLUSION: The selection of irrigating and disinfecting solution in root canals of patients with a particularly high incidence of oral candidiasis gains extreme importance. EDTA may be strongly recommended during endodontic therapy of these patients.

———————————————————————————————
    Inhibition on Candida albicans biofilm formation using divalent cation chelators (EDTA)
    Gordon Ramage, Brian L. Wickes, José L. López-Ribot
    Download PDF (292 KB)
    Abstract
    Candida albicans can readily form biofilms on both inanimate and biological surfaces. In this study we investigated a means of inhibiting biofilm formation using EDTA (Ethylenediaminetetra-acetic acid), a divalent cation chelating agent, which has been shown to affect C. albicans filamentation. Candida albicans biofilms were formed in 96-well microtitre plates. Cells were allowed to adhere for 1, 2, and 4 h at 37°C, washed in PBS, and then treated with different concentrations of EDTA (0, 2.5, 25, and 250 mM). EDTA was also added to the standardized suspension prior to adding to the microtiter plate and to a preformed 24 h biofilm. All plates were then incubated at 37°C for an additional 24 h to allow for biofilm formation. The extent and characteristics of biofilm formation were then microscopically assessed and with a semi-quantitative colorimetric technique based on the use of an XTT-reduction assay. Northern blot analysis of the hyphal wall protein (HWP1) expression was also monitored in planktonic and biofilm cells treated with EDTA. Microscopic analysis and colorimetric readings revealed that filamentation and biofilm formation were inhibited by EDTA in a concentration dependant manner. However, preformed biofilms were minimally affected by EDTA (maximum of 31% reduction at 250 mM). The HWP1 gene expression was reduced in EDTA-treated planktonic and biofilm samples. These results indicate that EDTA inhibits C. albicans biofilm formation are most likely through its inhibitory effect on filamentation and indicates the potential therapeutic effects of EDTA. This compound may serve a non-toxic means of preventing biofilm formation on infections with a C. albicans biofilm etiology.

———————————————————————————————–

EDTA as an Adjunct Antifungal Agent for Invasive Pulmonary Aspergillosis in a Rodent Model
    Ray Hachem1,*, Paul Bahna1, Hend Hanna1, L. Clifton Stephens2 and Issam Raad1
    + Author Affiliations

1Departments of Infectious Diseases, Infection Control and Employee Health
    2Veterinary Medicine and Surgery, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas

Next Section
    ABSTRACT

Rats immunosuppressed by the administration of cyclophosphamide and cortisone acetate and then infected with Aspergillus fumigatus were treated with an antifungal drug, EDTA, or a combination of one of the antifungal agents, amphotericin B lipid complex (ABLC; 5 mg/kg of body weight/day for 7 days), and EDTA (30 mg/kg/day for 7 days). The mortality rate was reduced, the duration of survival was increased, fewer A. fumigatus organisms were recovered from the lungs, and less-severe lung lesions were seen histopathologically in the rats receiving the combination treatment than in the rats receiving either an antifungal agent or EDTA alone. Further studies regarding the mechanisms of EDTA and its interactions with ABLC are warranted, and further studies are needed to more fully examine the safety, tolerance, and optimal dosing of EDTA in the treatment of this and other fungal infections.

lonelygirl

Dr. Crandall suggested I start with Nystatin. She said to start slowly and work up to 1/8 tsp. 4 x daily. Then once I am able to tolerate Nystatin try adding Diflucan 100mg daily based on my body weight of 110 pounds.

She does not have the authority to prescribe and I have an appt. to see a family practice doc. in two weeks. Wish me luck! If I don’t get what I’m after Dr. Lepine from Metametrix will be able to order the Nystatin and Diflucan for me for sure. Although he works through telephone consultation which I am not particularly fond of. I might be forced to go this route.

I think I do have a chance at convincing my family doc with Dr. Crandall’s packet and my Metametrix test result along with my clinical symptoms. I guess I’ll find out soon and keep you all updated:)

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

Are these sorts of avenues available in the UK? It all sounds rather advanced compared to services on offer over here!

Len

lonelygirl

Dr. Crandall can be reached by telephone. You can find her on google by typing Marjorie Crandall yeast consulting services into the toolbar. Dr. Lepine can also meet with you over the phone and can be contacted at drlepine.com. That said, I don’t know anything about what your telephone company would charge for long distance calling to these numbers.

If you do get the chance, I reccommend ordering Dr. Crandall’s information packet off of her website to begin. After you understand her reccommendations and ten step program in her packet then give her a call and she will answer all your questions and give you suggestions for your visit with your MD.

The second step would be to contact Dr. Lepine and discuss your case with him. He is a medical doctor who is experienced in treating yeast infections.

Hope this helps you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Waking up to reality…’ is closed to new replies.