Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs

This topic contains 66 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
  • Author

CT
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 63

Hi Able, what are your views on using L Glutamine to repair the lining in the gut? I have been considering taking it but I am already taking alot of the other supplements such as vitamin A, D3, C, Magnesium, zinc, biotin. Probiotics and oil of oregano and Molybedenum. Will the L glutamine make much difference?

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

CT wrote: Hi Able, what are your views on using L Glutamine to repair the lining in the gut? I have been considering taking it but I am already taking alot of the other supplements such as vitamin A, D3, C, Magnesium, zinc, biotin. Probiotics and oil of oregano and Molybedenum. Will the L glutamine make much difference?

I’ve been taking it for two weeks or so. It’s not really something you can gauge the effectiveness of though, like with most supplements. I think it’s commonly taken as part of a “rebuilding” phase after you’ve cleared out toxins/pathogens and restored gut flora balance, so you could leave it for a while if you wanted. I figured anything that helps later can’t hurt now and I already had a tub of it. The best time to take it is before bed apparently, if you do decide to try it.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Glutamine is fairly effective to heal leaky gut. Its main plus is that it helps reduce problems associated with sugar sensitivity and sugar allergies.

Cinnamon pearls.

Inulin and foods with FOS are an easy way to help heal leaky gut; get some inulin (aka miracle fiber) and sprinkle it on the foods that you eat (or in foods that you bake). It heals leaky gut as well.

Other ones:
    Grape bitters (or other bitters)
    Digestive enzymes (I take one called pro-gest)

*And there are more!

Another factor, reduce inflammation:
    (fermented cod liver oil)
    or anti-inflammatory foods (broccoli, salmon, etc)

brendo
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 7

What are some ingredients in the vitamins and minerals we take to watch out for? I know dextrin or maltodextrin are both forms of sweeteners, but what else would be detrimental? I have been having trouble finding some good vitamins and supplements without any added bad stuff.

For example, the vitamin C I was taking before I started the diet contains Microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate, stearic acid, and colloidal silicon dioxide

it also says contains no gluten, lactose, yeast, artificial colours or preservatives

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

brendo wrote: What are some ingredients in the vitamins and minerals we take to watch out for? I know dextrin or maltodextrin are both forms of sweeteners, but what else would be detrimental? I have been having trouble finding some good vitamins and supplements without any added bad stuff.

You’ve named the obvious culprits to look for.

One of the main things that I look for is a couple of enzymes that are called Hemicellulase, Cellulase, and Amylase.

Sometimes the companies that make supplements will put a couple of enzymes in the mix just so they can advertise the vitamin as a ‘digestive aid’ in addition to the vitamins it contains. You don’t need these types of enzymes as long as you take Swedish bitters (which you should be), as you don’t need additional and unnatural enzymes screwing with the natural digestion functions of your system.

Amylase can be detrimental to the Candida treatment; in fact there are even Amylase blockers available for people with Candida and others who need it.

Cellulase and Hemicellulase break down the outer cellular structure of plants into beta-glucose. Glucose as you know feeds Candida. These plants include the vegetables that we eat on a daily basis. Also, neither of these are natural to the human body, but are sold in supplements along with other enzymes.

Both of these enzymes are produced by fungi. Why do you suppose fungi produce Cellulase and Hemicellulase unless they’re beneficial to their existence?

Able

CT
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 63

Thanks for the responses Javizy and Raster. Think I will leave the Glutamine for now if it is best for the rebuilding phase as it is quite expensive buying all these pills. Will up the intake for anti-inflammatory foods in the mean time though.

shiiloh
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 6

Are iron tablets okay to take during a candida diet? I’m supposed to take them sometimes because of other medical conditions.

I know that they can’t be taken near Calcium tablets as the kind of cancel each other out. But in general will it do anything weird?

Thanks

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I feel that taking iron when you have an iron deficiency is ok if you are on the diet.

-raster

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

Hi guys – I’ve decided to through some vitamins into the mix as well now to help with my recovery.

These are the vitamins I am going to buy (I know they are from the same shop, but they are a very good shop, they are located right by me)

Vitamin A – http://www.nutricentre.com/p-44243-vitamin-a-5000iu.aspx
    Vitamin C – http://www.nutricentre.com/p-32242-vitamin-c-1000mg.aspx
    Vitamin D3 – http://www.nutricentre.com/p-31748-vitamin-d3-2500iu.aspx
    Zinc, Mag – http://www.nutricentre.com/p-26372-calcium-mag-zinc-100050075.aspx
    Biotin – http://www.nutricentre.com/p-32078-biotin.aspx
    Vitamin E – http://www.nutricentre.com/p-31898-natural-vitamin-e-400iu.aspx
    Ashwaganda – http://www.nutricentre.com/p-51790-ashwagandha.aspx

Now I’m not too concerned about brand names, but I wanted to confirm what each pill needed to avoid having in them – this is where I need help.

Avoid: Dextrin, maltodextrin, Hemicellulase, Cellulase, Amylase, Soy, Wheat, Gluten

Any more I need to avoid?

Any advise if some of this contain a small amount of anything above?

sammcl

OR I am going to Miami on Wednesday, would it be better (and cheaper) to buy all my vitamins there?

Looking at a shop called: Vitamin Shoppe

sammcl

cheeky bump

Able900
    Spectator

sammcl wrote: cheeky bump

LOL

Able900
    Spectator

I checked each of these out on Nutricentrr’s website, they all look like good choices. But you may find them cheaper at the Vitamin Shoppe, and they have quality products for the most part.

Miami you say; you’re making me homesick for the sea. Enjoy your trip and grab all the relaxation you can manage.

Take care.
    Able

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

bump for new folks

sammcl

Able900 wrote:
    I checked each of these out on Nutricentrr’s website, they all look like good choices. But you may find them cheaper at the Vitamin Shoppe, and they have quality products for the most part.

Miami you say; you’re making me homesick for the sea. Enjoy your trip and grab all the relaxation you can manage.

Take care.
    Able

Able – thanks for the advice. Got all the supplements I needed, wow is there a lot, you don’t realise until they are all in front of you!!

Would you believe they are nearly half the price of supplements in the UK.

I’m going to get some others to help my leaky gut as well…. What would you recommend – so far I am buying SF722 and L-Glutamine….

Cheers, Sam

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs’ is closed to new replies.