Vitamins

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  soldia4 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

soldia4
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 27

Hey able friend thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions ๐Ÿ™‚

I am day 2 into my cleanse and not so bad. I got all my vitamins in the mail and see all these other junky ingredients that i’m assuming the shell is made out of including gelatin, rice flour, magnesium stearate, silica, glycerin, soybean oil, cellulose, silicon dioxide, stearic acid, crocscarmellose sodium, vegetable stearin, silicon dioxide. These are all the junk ingredients from the different pills put together. One has just gelatin added and another just olive oil, gelatin and glycerin. Do you think i should just crack them open and ingest the contents? Or ingest the entire pill shell and all and not worry about it?

Also do i have to wait to take the vitamins till the cleanse phase is over or can i start now? Is there any downfall to taking vitamins to early?

Thanks as always ๐Ÿ™‚

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would return the ones with rice flour and soybean oil or soy ingredients. The gelatin is typically the capsule and is a very small amount of a sugar like ingredient. Some vitamin brands don’t use gelatin also.

My top favorite brands:

Standard process
    Thorne research
    Nature’s way (more widely available)
    Solgar (the junkiest of the brands I am mentioning)

-Raster

soldia4

Thanks raster.

I don’t know that i can take those back… I ordered most everything online. I ordered from the vitamins recommended on youR and able’s protocol. Is throwing out the pill shell and just eating what’s inside a bad idea? If i decide to do that can i start taking the vitamins now or do i have to wait till the 2nd or 3rd week?

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Soldia.

If youโ€™ll send a link to each of your supplements that contain an ingredient that you are unsure of, we can take a look and answer your question.

Able

raster
    Participant

If you take one bottle of vitamins with slightly bad ingredients, it won’t be the end of the world. The benefit probably outweighs any potential side effects. Next time around I would either go to the vitamin shoppe, new season’s, or order those brands I mentioned from other websites. I use google shopping to find the cheapest prices.

-Raster

soldia4

Well this is the summation of extra ingredients from the pills i bought. Gelatin, rice flour, magnesium stearate, silica, glycerin, soybean oil, cellulose, silicon dioxide, stearic acid, crocscarmellose sodium, vegetable stearin, silicon dioxide,fish liver oil, vegetable cellulose, titanium dioxide color, vegetable magnesium stearate.

calcium magnesium and zinc
    http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=187228&catid=183252&aid=337953&aparam=sundown_naturals_calcium&CAWELAID=155233470

vitamin a
    http://www.naturemade.com/Products/A-Vitamins/Vitamin-A-8000-IU

msm
    legit it just has gelatin extra

milk thistle
    http://www.jarrow.com/product.php?prodid=167

Flora balance
    http://www.flora-balance.com/Flora-Balance.htm

5htp
    plant cellulose and rice flour

biotin
    gelatin, rice flour, magnesium stearate and silica

vitamin d3
    legit has olive oil, gelatin, glycerin and water.

molybdenum ( brand name is Carlson)
    cellulose, stearic acid, magnesium stearate (veg). other ingredients may include croscarmellose sodium,vegetable stearin, silicon dioxide, rice flour.

Vitamin E ( brand name country life)
    gelatin, glycerin, water, soybean oil.

Will any of these really feed the candida? Problem is i’ve already opened most of them, so i probably won’t have much luck taking them back. Not to mention that would be a hassle.

Thanks so much Able and Raster ๐Ÿ™‚

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Soldia, the only noticeable real problem I see with your list is the Flora Balance. From the information on the site, it appears that this only contains one strain of bacteria, bacillus laterosporus BOD. This is a bacterium which helps protect soil nutrients needed by plants to grow. Thereโ€™s nothing wrong with taking this, but the problem is that so many other strains are missing. You can find a probiotic with as many as 14 strains of different bacteria, and the more strains you take, the better chance your intestines have of being able to fight the infestation.

These are the bacteria strains in MegaFlora, so the ingredients on the label should appear something like this:

Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1 (the DDS-1 type is very important)
    Lactobacillus rhamnosus
    Bifidobacterium bifidum
    Lactobacillus acidophilus
    Bifidobacterium infantis
    Bifidobacterium longum
    Streptococcus thermophilus
    Lactobacillus plantarum
    Lactobacillus salivarius
    Lactobacillus acidophilus
    Lactobacillus reuteri
    Lactobacillus casei
    Lactobacillus bulgaricus
    Lactobacillus sporogenes Bacillus lactis

As far as the ingredients in the other supplements are concerned; itโ€™s going to be impossible to find that many supplements which contain no unwanted ingredients. You can assume that these are in very small amounts and that the benefits of taking vitamin supplements will outweigh the few negatives.

Able

raster
    Participant

I agree about the flora balance; the soybean oil is the only bad one I saw and this isn’t the end of the world. I would just get a new vitamin A vitamin after you are done with it.

The rice flour that is found in most of the vitamins isn’t a high amount and wouldn’t worry about it; just get a better vitamin next time around without those ingredients.

The rest of the minor bad ingredients are not worth worrying about.

-Raster

soldia4

Thanks soooooo much guys ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Vitamins’ is closed to new replies.