Vitamin B12 for Candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Vitamin B12 for Candida?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kirstyk4 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

N0001
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 5

I have heard that people who have candida are low in Vitamin B12.

Is this true?

Would it be a good idea to take some Vitamin B12 while I do the candida diet?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would consider taking a general B vitamin that has b12, b3, b6, etc. I have no idea which one I would take though. I take one called drenamin for adrenal fatigue but am unsure if its effective for fighting candida.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

N0001 wrote: I have heard that people who have candida are low in Vitamin B12. Is this true? Would it be a good idea to take some Vitamin B12 while I do the candida diet?

Candida sufferers usually have more than one vitamin B deficiency. The best source of vitamin B is homemade kefir or yogurt. Even purchasing unsweetened Greek yogurt would be a better choice than a synthetic B vitamin supplement. This way you would obtain all of the B vitamins in the amounts that are needed. Taking one or two isolated B vitamins can cause a deficiency of the others as there are a total of eight B vitamins.

Able

N0001
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 5

Able900 wrote:
    Candida sufferers usually have more than one vitamin B deficiency. The best source of vitamin B is homemade kefir or yogurt. Even purchasing unsweetened Greek yogurt would be a better choice than a synthetic B vitamin supplement. This way you would obtain all of the B vitamins in the amounts that are needed. Taking one or two isolated B vitamins can cause a deficiency of the others as there are a total of eight B vitamins.

Able

Thanks man,
    now is there a specific type of yogurt that Im looking for?
    I guess sugar free yogurt right…….
    I havent bought yogurt in over 8 years……

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

N0001 wrote:
    now is there a specific type of yogurt that Im looking for?

Plain greek yogurt works very well. The kind I pick up has 4-5 kinds of probiotics. Greek yogurt also tends to be the lowest in sugars when compared with other kinds of yogurt. The two I have seen most commonly in the United States are Fage and Oikos.

Or if you are interested, you can make your own yogurt and try to get the sugar content even lower. Totally up to you and how much time you have available. It’s a good way to save some money. Greek Yogurt is a little more expensive.

Hope this helps!

Kirsty

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Vitamin B12 for Candida?’ is closed to new replies.