Vegetarian Energy Protein

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Vegetarian Energy Protein

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  M 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Can anyone comment on whether the following protein powder is acceptable on the diet?

http://www.iherb.com/Paradise-Herbs-Maca-Up-Vegetarian-Energy-Protein-Vanilla-Flavor-15-94-oz-452-g/24387?at=0

I’m going to join the gym again next month, after a 5 month lay off and would like to start building up some muscle again. As such, I’d like to increase my protein levels, and do not want to solely rely on eggs. If this product is not OK, then would appreciate any advice on a good, suitable protein powder without whey.

Thank you.

M

I’m tentatively planning on running a half-marathon in May or June in order to raise money for an orphanage. I’ve never run a marathon before, so that’s partly why I’m hitting the gym again from next month.

M

Here’s another one: http://www.iherb.com/Life-Time-Life-s-Basics-Plant-Protein-Unsweetened-Vanilla-Flavor-1-lb-05-oz-477-g/23361?at=0

I’m concerned by the hemp though. It’s not allowed if I remember correctly?

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

M wrote: Here’s another one: http://www.iherb.com/Life-Time-Life-s-Basics-Plant-Protein-Unsweetened-Vanilla-Flavor-1-lb-05-oz-477-g/23361?at=0

I’m concerned by the hemp though. It’s not allowed if I remember correctly?

I believe it’s the seeds, or seeds in general, that aren’t allowed because of the potential for moulds on the hulls. I imagine the hulls would be removed or the moulds otherwise neutralised during processing. Not sure how the supplement would work with the protocol though.

M

Thanks Javizy.

Anyone else?

M

Bumping.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

M wrote: I’m concerned by the hemp though. It’s not allowed if I remember correctly?

Javizy is correct as seeds can contain mold, plus seeds produce mucus which is already a problem which accompanies a Candida infestation; so seeds of any type are better left alone for several months. However this, as with everything else on the forum is just another suggestion which means that it’s up to the individual as to whether or not he wants to test the food in question. You could try it for a few days if you need to, and watch to see if your mucus production increases or you experience any other allergic reaction, if so, I would leave it alone for the time being.

Able

M

What’s your take on pea protein isolate and brown rice isolate? Also, are all/most amino acids OK on the diet? Just trying to find a protein powder that’s acceptable and not likely to cause me any problems.

M

Bumping.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Vegetarian Energy Protein’ is closed to new replies.