vegaterian candida diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions vegaterian candida diet

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Hope 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

arti
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I have just discovered this site and it is incredible. But I am vegetarian and the lunch and dinner options are ery limited for me.While on stage 1 and 2 what can substitute the meat proteins with.

Thanks

disco flavor
    Replies: 8

You should probably just stop being a vegetarian. lol

veg2
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 27

do you eat any eggs or fish? I’m also vegetarian but eating those things has helped with this diet

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Hi, Artie 🙂 Have you ever tried quinoa? It’s a complete protein all by itself, 16 g in a cup naturally containing all the amino acids. I’d say try to get in a serving of quinoa daily. Also, plain yogurt is allowed (you could sweeten it with stevia if you can’t choke it down plain) and it has 9-10g of protein per cup, as well. If you round those 2 out with high protein nuts and seeds everyday, you should be able to get a decent amount of protein in.

If you concern is more from a hunger perspective, it’s probably going to take a crazy amount of veggies to fill you up. Have you tried adding avocado to salads? I usually add avocado and/or nuts and seeds to bulk up a salad. What are you used to eating for dinner as a vegetarian? Is the elimination of soy products making it difficult? You can make a reasonably tastey stirfry with TONS of veggies, garlic, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and salt (maybe ginger, too?) that you could add almonds to and serve over a little brown rice with a side salad. I get stuffed when I really use a ton of vegetables.

Lastly, maybe try to save your yogurt or quinoa for the hardest time of day hunger-wise. If you’re always *starving* at 4pm, for instance, just plan for a 3:30 yogurt snack or something like that.

Hope it helps! Best wishes!

Jadestone
    Replies: 2

I also recommend Quinoa….it goes with just about everything! I have it cold in salads, or warm as a side for dinner. My favorite recipe is mixing it with cherry tomatoes (sliced), avocado, cilantro, lime juice and olive oil. I also have done one with red pepper, lemon juice, garlic and feta.

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

I forgot that this diet allow Bragg’s Liquid Aminos! Have you ever tried it? It tastes pretty much just like soy sauce, but it isn’t fermented. I mention it because of the tasty stirfry I described ^ earlier 🙂 Man, add that to your stirfry with sesame oil, fresh garlic, ginger, and some sesame seeds and that’s a meal you could eat a TON of 😉 Well, assuming you like stirfry that is!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘vegaterian candida diet’ is closed to new replies.