Vegan protein powder on candida diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Vegan protein powder on candida diet

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Buccable 3 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Monde
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hello everyone,

I’m drinking a vegan protein powder often, but now, when I’m on a candida diet – should I avoid it? am I allowed to consume ANY protein powders during my detox time?
    The powder I’m using is Veggie Elite from MRM, its ingredients are:

Pea protein concentrate, organic brown rice protein concentrate, natural Chocolate Mocha flavor, Cocoa, TreLEAFia (stevia leaf extract, trehalose, and monk fruit extract), gum blend (konjac gum, guar gum, and tara gum), salt, and Digest-All VP (a vegan enzyme blend).
    Contains no peanut, tree nut, fish, shellfish, wheat, gluten or yeast.

Thank you in advance.

rmw1822
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

I have struggled with this as well. Unfortunately the only powder I found that was technically suitable for the candida diet was hemp protein. It does not taste great, but I needed a source of protein to supplement my diet. I usually flavored my hemp protein shakes with stevia, cinnamon and/or nutmeg. Good luck!

Buccable
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hmm I actually haven’t thought about this! I normally use Vega’s “protein & greens” blend. It too has pea protein, but the brown rice protein is sprouted (not sure if that makes a difference). And the carbohydrate content is “only” 4 grams.

I actually have a hemp protein powder that tastes good. It’s been sitting in my cupboard since it’s chocolate flavoured and I hardly want chocolate. The ingredients are: “100% Raw Hemp Protein, Cocoa Powder, Natural Chocolate flavour, Stevia Extract, Sodium Chloride” It has 1 gram of sugar.

I’m not an expert but I assume this is suitable on the Candida Diet. It’s by Natera and they have different flavours.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Vegan protein powder on candida diet’ is closed to new replies.