Vanilla and lemon cheesecake

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Vanilla and lemon cheesecake

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AngelaL 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

AngelaL
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 55

1/4 cup hazelnuts
    1/4 cup almonds
    1 tsp of vanilla essence
    1 tbsp carob powder
    1 tbsp melted butter
    1 tsp hazelnut butter

Blend hazelnuts and almonds until they turn into crumbs. Add melted butter, vanilla essence, carob power and hazelnut and blend for a few more seconds. Press into bottom of 7 inch cake tin. Put in freezer for about an hour to firm up.

Filling
    1 cup of kefir cream (I made mine by giving kefir double cream and leaving for about 24 hours)It doesn’t have to be very firm
    1 cup natural yoghurt
    rind of one lemon
    2 tsps. vanilla essence
    2 tsps VegeSet (vegetarian alternative to gelatin. You could use ordinary gelatin.
    stevia or other sweetener to taste

Mix together and spoon on top of nut mixture. Leave in fridge to set.

Think next time I make this I will leave the kefir for longer to give it a sharper taste and perhaps use more lemon. Any suggestions for improving this welcome!

AngelaL
    Participant

Well I tried a piece today, after leaving the tin in the fridge overnight and I was very pleased with the texture – the crunch base and the creamy topping certainly cured my cheesecake craving. I found the taste was a little bland and not sweet or sour enough but if I’d used any more stevia there would have been nothing to mask the aftertaste. Think I will try to find a way to use more lemon and perhaps leave the vanilla out altogether. And definitely leave the kefir a little longer to mature. And I would probably make it in separate little glass dishes as it was a little difficult to slice. I would also like to make a chocolate cheesecake as this is something I have an insatiable craving for!

At this rate I will be well prepared for the later stages of the cleanse, sadly I haven’t even started stage 1 yet!

BeccaJR
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 19

I find adding avocado helps to thicken mixtures very well and is really good in cream-type recipes. I actually made a “cheese-cake” not to long ago with a similar idea in mind. Adding cinnamon is definitely another option to help bring out some different flavours.

AngelaL
    Participant

BeccaJR;57181 wrote: I find adding avocado helps to thicken mixtures very well and is really good in cream-type recipes. I actually made a “cheese-cake” not to long ago with a similar idea in mind. Adding cinnamon is definitely another option to help bring out some different flavours.

Thanks Becca, those are good tips which I will definitely try for my chocolate cheesecake. Next time I will only make enough for one dessert as I found this didn’t keep very well in the fridge.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Vanilla and lemon cheesecake’ is closed to new replies.