- June 15, 2012 at 7:48 am #84634
tinkerbelleMemberTopics: 2Replies: 2
I am a few days into the cleanse and am still suffering terrible itching from vaginal thrush which I have been having for a few months now. Nothing the doctor has prescribed has helped so this is my last hope. I am wondering how long it will take for things to calm down and for me to notice a marked difference. I have been through a completely stressful year and so no doubt this will be the cause of it for the most part. I feel like I am going out of my mind. I have been taking Milk Thistle supplements to help with the die off and although the die off hasn’t been that bad, I am finding the cleanse really hard going. The drinks are foul and I am sick of vegetables!! Any encouragement greatly received. Thanks.June 15, 2012 at 7:49 am #84635
tinkerbelleMemberTopics: 2Replies: 2
Oh also if anyone can recommend a product to help relieve the itching I would be very grateful.June 15, 2012 at 12:23 pm #84644
princeofsinMemberTopics: 1Replies: 225
1. Choose cotton underwear and do not wear tight trousers (Moulds love warm, dark spaces with limited airflow).
2. Avoid damp environments where airborne moulds are ever-present.
3. Exercise everyday to relieve stress. Aerobic exercise is especially useful in treating candida as Candida and other fungi do not thrive in a high-oxygen environment. Also, fresh air and regular exercise have a positive effect on immunity.
4. Cut all foods containing yeast including bread, pizza, crackers, pastries, muffins, mushrooms and ferments like soy sauce, cheese, tomato paste, beer and vinegar.
5. Avoid refined carbohydrates as they are known to have a depressant effect on the immune system.
6. Get organic coconut oil which cost about $5-7 dollars from a health food store and take 2 tablespoons of it every morning. It will help give relief from the inflammation caused by yeast (candida), externally and internally to your body.
7. Get apple cider vinegar RAW. I would recommend the one from a company called Bragg’s which is about $6 dollars. Take 2 tablespoons of it the moment you wake up from bed and before you go to sleep. It helps encourage the growth of healthy bacteria, which in turn minimizes the overgrowth of candida and balances your body’s pH level.
8. Eat lots of leafy Green Veg’s every time you are hungry.
9. Get probiotics supplement which cost about 20-30 dollars. Use as directed
10. AVOID ALL SUGAR BASED FOODSJune 15, 2012 at 1:18 pm #84651
FaithMemberTopics: 16Replies: 87
My OB told me to do a wash for vaginal yeast infection. It seems to really work for me. You use about maybe 2T hydrogen peroxide, and the rest water. Do the rinse and see if this helps. I’ve even done it a couple times in a week, and that’s all I’ve needed. But…if your infection is pretty bad, it could burn like fire, so don’t do it if it’s bad. I just use it to ward it coming on strong.
I also use an anti-fungal cream clotrimazole 1%, found at any drug store or Wal-Mart. I just use a little when it’s bad and seems to help a lot. Also coconut oil. Able just posted a vaginal yeast info page, can’t find it right now, but he gave some more examples of what you can do. Seems the search engine isn’t working? If I find it, I’ll attach it later. 🙂
Try it and see if you can get some relief.
I’ve been struggling with yeast infections on and off for so long. It had to be diet. Now since I’ve been on the strict diet, I’ve only gotten one when there has been a change in what I’m eating.
Look at your diet, is there something that maybe can be affecting it? When I started the diet I was eating spinach and eggplant, totally made me itchy! Some people can do some stuff, others can’t. So just maybe start to look and see what you’re eating and rule things out.
I know it’s so discouraging! But…you’ll make it! I was doing the website diet at first and lost 5 pounds in the first week. I hit the MAJOR VEGGIE WALL at about the fourth day. I figured I’d rather starve than eat another salad for breakfast.
Some people do the cleanse, and others just skip straight to stage one. I don’t know your particular situation, but maybe you can just go to the stage one now? Keep a food journal in the beginning to help you remember what foods you have a reaction to.
I can’t do any meat, dairy, beans, nothing like that. But…I can do Oat Bran, eggs, and coconut flour, coconut milk, and most every veggie on the list! It’s good!! You just have to get the hang of it. If you need ideas on how to cook, just ask. People are super willing to help. There is the recipe section too, to give you some ideas.
Hope this helps? Just trying to work my way through too! It does get better! 🙂
FaithJune 15, 2012 at 4:07 pm #84662
dvjorgeParticipantTopics: 283Replies: 1368
tinkerbelle wrote: I am a few days into the cleanse and am still suffering terrible itching from vaginal thrush which I have been having for a few months now. Nothing the doctor has prescribed has helped so this is my last hope. I am wondering how long it will take for things to calm down and for me to notice a marked difference. I have been through a completely stressful year and so no doubt this will be the cause of it for the most part. I feel like I am going out of my mind. I have been taking Milk Thistle supplements to help with the die off and although the die off hasn’t been that bad, I am finding the cleanse really hard going. The drinks are foul and I am sick of vegetables!! Any encouragement greatly received. Thanks.
The first thing you need to ask yourself is why you are different from most women who taking a single Fluconazole tablet they resolve a vaginal candidiasis ??
This is the answer to understand this syndrome. You have a compromised cell-mediated immunity that doesn’t allow the resolution of the infection.
The cause can be a fungal intestinal overgrowth (candida in the gut) which is able to suppress the immune system and any other factor such as mercury toxicity that causes the same thing. Sometimes, it is a combination of immune suppressors including chronic stress.
Only eliminating what compromises your cell-mediated immunity you will be able to resolve it.
This is what you need to know to win this war.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.