Updates to my diet/being better informed.. Advice?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Updates to my diet/being better informed.. Advice?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hairbrush
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 5

Hello,

I am currently in my 3rd week of what is attempting to be a strict diet.

However, my knowledge is being constantly updated, as is my understanding of how different foods work with/against candida, and several times I have found that something I thought was okay in fact is not. (ie almonds, beetroot, tomatoes, seeds, yoghurt)

Sugar, carbs, and processed foods (and other obvious offenders) have been consistently out, and most of the right vegetables consistently IN.

My question is – am I best off continuing as I am, and editing things in or out as I find out more about them – or should I scrap it, and restart with a detox of some sort (counting these 3 weeks as lost time, basically)? ARE these 3 weeks lost time, or will I still have been doing good?

Thanks.

Hairbrush
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 5

^ I have done 🙂

Is all very confusing though. Especially as – I’ve already lost a bit of weight on this. I was the lowest end of “healthy” in the first place, and I know from experience that if I drop much lower than this I get very weak, and the rest of my health (skin, blood pressure, hair, muscle strength etc) suffers a lot.

Going to a new doctor today, so shall see what comes of that.

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

Hairbrush wrote: ^ I have done 🙂

Is all very confusing though. Especially as – I’ve already lost a bit of weight on this. I was the lowest end of “healthy” in the first place, and I know from experience that if I drop much lower than this I get very weak, and the rest of my health (skin, blood pressure, hair, muscle strength etc) suffers a lot.

Going to a new doctor today, so shall see what comes of that.

Weight loss is very common, and a side-effect you must counter. Avocado’s and allowable flours (buckwheat, oat bran, rice bran, coconut and teff) are all useful test foods. If you’re very underweight, you cased these in early in the diet. If you find a small amount provokes symptoms, leave it out for a while.

For me, avocados, eggs and buckwheat flakes have been extremely important. I’m trialling other flours daily.

Len

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you are losing weight its probably due to a few reasons. First you are fighting off a major illness and this taps your bodies stored resources for fighting it (bones, muscle, fat, etc). The second reason is because you likely are not eating enough food; you ideally should be eating three 3-4 course meals per day and feel full like its thanksgiving. Snacks should be eaten between meals as well.

Additionally, your body likely isn’t absorbing enough energy from the food you eat. If you are not chewing your food 30+ times per each bite, this can cause constipation and tough digestion. Chewing food this much also creates a larger surface area for particles to be absorbed by the body.

If you have leaky gut, this creates holes in the intestinal walls. If you have holes, then the food you eat is not being absorbed very well when compared to a healthy gut.

Teff has great weight gain properties as well as coconut milk and coconut oil. I highly recommend trying out my bread which is quite filling (in recipes part of forum).

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Updates to my diet/being better informed.. Advice?’ is closed to new replies.