Update and THANK YOU

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Update and THANK YOU

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  kirstyk4 7 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Hey all,

For those of you that have been following my posts for a while, you know that I was still experiencing extreme constipation after being on the diet for 4.5 months. I was SO FRUSTRATED and uncomfortable that started seeing doctors again to try to get an answer for my persistant problem. It started to get scary when I lost my appetite completely. 🙁

Long story short, it appears that I have a thyroid problem that is causing my chronic constipation as well as several other symptoms. Doctor finally put me on some thyroid medicine after a YEAR of this problem. I am so thankful that finally am getting some relief!

I am fairly confident that candidia is not my issue. I did some “tests” with foods that I knew were bad and looked for reactions. I introduced apples/blueberries/raspberries with not problems at all. After a period of time I aee four (YES FOUR) sugar cookies… You know the kind with like an inch of frosting they sell almost everywhere? Well…no reaction. Constipation was the same as usual.

I am still thankful that I found this site and learned everything about candida and what it can do to your body. With how long I was on antibiotics for acne, then I’m sure I was setting myself up for a overgowth problem in the future.

I just wanted to thank everyone that has been with me through this journey giving me advice and support. I have learned so much from all of you and will continue to incorporate it into my daily lifestyle. For example, I still eat kefir and take probiotic pills everyday. Still taking the antifungal supplements in smaller doses as a preventative measure. 🙂

Currently only in the beginning stages of treatment but it is so nice to finally understand what I was experiencing and why. I was at my whits end!

I hope all of your reach health and happiness.

Kirsty

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well, I appreciate the update personally; not everyone comes back and gives us an update.

I am sorry that we weren’t able to solve all of your problems, this is why I try to advise consulting a doctor in a lot of my posts, but I don’t do it enough.

I may have a thyroid or atleast did have a thyroid problem at one time, but I think its mostly healed. I haven’t diagnosted it myself or by a doctor or anything, but I remember that some of my symptoms were at one time worse, probably because a specific organ was pretty damaged.

I have been healing pretty slowly over the last 9 months and I feel that I have other underlying problems that go beyond candida as well. For instance, my ringworm hasn’t cleared up since starting the diet and hasn’t gotten better. I probably have had it for the last few years, it comes and goes but typically stays around somewhere on my scalp. I mentioned this to my naturopath and he stated that I have a parasite problem; so I recently started some skin related mineral/vitamin supplements and anti parasite homeopathic medicines. After a week I feel quite a bit better and the ringworm is going away…

I also have a general “low energy” problem, and am interested in trying out a blood sugar diet where I eat a small piece of food every hour. I hope this gets corrected in time as well.

Keep on and I hope you find your cure. Are you taking a medication with iodine in it?

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Thanks so much for the update, Kirsty. It’s always good to know how a member is if they’ve been away from the forum for a while, and we appreciate you taking the time to post your information.

In one way, I’ve very glad your problem isn’t Candida. Even though a thyroid problem certainly can’t be a pleasure to contend with, at least it can usually be controlled fairly quickly with medication, unlike Candida.

Also good for you on deciding to go with a healthier diet from now on, I hope others will decide to follow your path as well.

Sincerely, Able

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Thank you for your update. I really hope that you are now on your
    way to full recovery and health! Its wonderful that your train is moving forward again and that you have your hope restored.

Please look now and then in here and tell us how you are doing.

yours
    Thomas

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Kirsty,
    I am so glad you are getting some relief and they found out was causing the issue! I am very happy for you! Thanks for posting.
    Love,
    Lauren

DM
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 7

Reading about thyroid problems – I have to tell about how to find out if your thyroid is under-performing (from a complimentary therapist). Paint iodine on the bunion point of your feet, if it’s still there 24 hours later you need to take iodine. If it goes you’re OK. Trouble is getting iodine at the chemist is like finding hens teeth!
    DM

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

DM wrote: Reading about thyroid problems – I have to tell about how to find out if your thyroid is under-performing (from a complimentary therapist). Paint iodine on the bunion point of your feet, if it’s still there 24 hours later you need to take iodine. If it goes you’re OK. Trouble is getting iodine at the chemist is like finding hens teeth!

The only way this “may” work is if you don’t take a shower or bath for 24 hours and avoid perspiring. However, I still have my doubts about it as the rate at which it disappears also depends on how much iodine you paint on the spot, which is difficult to measure under these circumstances.

A more dependable way to test the thyroid at home is taking your metabolic rate, which is how much energy you burn. This is largely determined by your thyroid gland. Your body temperature is also largely regulated by your thyroid gland, and a low body temperature can be an indication of slow metabolism and low thyroid. Reduced thyroid function often manifests as a drop in basal body temperature to below the normal level of 98.6 degrees F. If you want to try this, use an accurate thermometer and write down your results for three days straight to obtain a good average.

Procedure:

1. Place the thermometer beside your bed before you go to sleep. If you’re using a mercury thermometer, shake it down to below 95° F.

2. On waking, before doing anything else (including talking), place the thermometer in your armpit for a full 10 minutes. Stay as still and relaxed as possible. If it helps, use a kitchen timer.

3. After 10 minutes, read and record the date and temperature. Women may also want to record where they are in their menstrual cycle.

4. Menstruating women should perform the test on days 1, 2 and 3 of their cycle, meaning the first three days of menstruation. If menstrual cycles are irregular, make an educated guess about when your period should be starting.

5. Men, children, and postmenopausal women can perform the test at any time.

6. Women using oral or topical progesterone should not take progesterone the day before or on the days that the basal temperatures are taken.

Able

Able

kirstyk4

I started taking an iodine supplement about two months ago because I knew that my diet was now lacking in it (because I am vegetarian and not getting much iodine in other food sources from the diet). I still continue to take it and plan to unless my doctor says otherwise.

Raster, glad to hear that your ringwork is finally healing. Sounds like your neuropath doctor has been able to help you in a lot of different areas. That is very comforting. 🙂 I hope you are able to resolve your other issues in time. I too seem to still be lacking in energy, but I may not have reached my optimal dosage of medicine yet. I know I am WORLDS better than just a few weeks ago, so I am so thankful for that.

Yes Able, thankfully a thyroid issue is easy to manage with medication. I was so frustrated, sad, and stressed out because I was so careful with the candidia diet and could not figure out why I was not improving anymore. In fact, when I got to thinking about it, my problem had actually gotten worse over the past year and I was having to do more and more stuff to make it through the day. It was completely ruining my relationship with food. 🙁

Although it might seem like I’ve found an easy “out” because I don’t appear to have a canidida problem, I did take the journey with you and felt all the same fears and frustrations as many of you on the forum. My 4.5 month journey just didn’t help me like it seems to help most of you. I will pray for all of you in finding your health. You all deserve it!

I will check in from time to time. Take care all! 🙂

Love,
    Kirsty

Shellbell
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

Hi Kirsty, I wanted to share that I had just the opposite happen to me. For over six years I have been complaining to my doctors about things that were not normal (for me), constipation, sore throat, fatigue, swelling, weight gain, heavy periods, depression and thirst. Finally, I went to a new doctor about three years ago and she diagnosed me with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis (an autoimmune disease). I was so happy and thought they could fix everything. But they took over a year to get the correct dosage, this is actually recommended. Then most of my symptoms remained just not to the degree they were before. I was frustrated and they told me “You are stuck with this and there is nothing you can do”, when I asked about alternative treatments.

I have also had stomach pains for the past three years that no one could diagnose. I now know this is leaky gut. I have done so much research on my own and finally feel that Candida/Parasites is the cause. Several sites say that Hashimoto’s can be cured or improved and typically is caused by Candida. I am new to the forum and the Candida Diet (week 4) but I am motivated to prove my doctors wrong! I check the blog every day for strength to continue knowing I am on the right path. I hope your thyroid condition improves and therefore your entire well being!

kirstyk4

Thanks for sharing Shellbell,

You may be right about thyroid problems being caused by candida. I haven’t been tested to see if it is Hashimoto’s, but it is next on my list to check for. I was on the diet for about 5 months and, although it helps with my rash some, my worst symptom of constipation NEVER went away. In fact it got worse over the past year. This is the first time that I have ever found something to consistantly help.

I hope the diet helps you. If anything, it will teach you a healthier way to eat/life. Hang in there!

Kirsty

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Update and THANK YOU’ is closed to new replies.