Unsweetened almond milk, cashews and stevia

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Unsweetened almond milk, cashews and stevia

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

89Mirageman
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 55

Are these OK to eat/drink in stage 1 of the diet? I understand that I can rinse the cashews off to remove mold, figured I could pat them dry or toss them in the oven on a cookie sheet for a few minutes. Does that sound OK?

Been on the diet for a few weeks and I have definately reached the die off stage because I have been itching like crazy over the past few days. I looked over the “allowed foods” list but it doesn’t really specify if they are all OK for stage 1.

Thanks!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Raw Stevia Extract by the NOW brand is fine. Information on the box should state that it contains FOS as an ingredient.

Leave the almond milk and cashews out for at least 7 to 8 weeks, that is unless you want to take the slow route to curing the infestation.

Able

89Mirageman

Thanks for the info, definately not trying to take the slow route.

One more question though, I’m guessing the home page is not entirely connected with this forum? The reason I say that is because there seems to be a ton of info on the page that people here on the forum don’t agree with.

It even says that creamy almond milk is OK to drink in stage 1. So confusing and just when you think you are doing things correctly you find out that you were mislead yet again.

monita
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 28

Hiya,

I would suggest ignoring the website completely and just taking your information and advice directly from the forum from here on in.

As far as I can tell, the website is out of date and innacurate on quite a number of counts which only adds to confusion. The forum on the other hand has info and advice from people that have gone through or is going through the process themselves and can contest that certain things work or don’t work.

Some members are very clued up as to specifics on topics such as supplements and probiotics and the effects many foods have on a body that is infected with Candida. I would trust these sources above books and websites myself.

As a secondary point, I have been advised (from the forum members) that any amount of any grains are not really advisable for the first stage of the diet (or at least for the first part of the first stage maybe). I was advised to make the coconut bread listed in the recipe section of the forum and use this as a filler at meal times or as a snack. I found that this worked wonders to control my hunger. Everyone is different though so you might cope ok with a small amount of brown rice such as your crackers. You’ll just have to pay attention to your symptoms if you do. I experienced bloating from the beyond when I had rice crackers so it was no good for me.

Good luck with it!

kelandu
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 63

I also find it confusing. i have no probs with rice milk etc but i can read 20 pages of facts and they all seem to be contradictory. even the advice given about treatment and supplements vary so its a case of trial and error. i feel i have been a guinea pig these last 10 months lol. I know i am going to recover but it would be nice for all the advice to be universal , at least we would know where we stand. I quess the answer must simply be that there is more than one route to take. I just hope i havent been going the long way round lol

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

kelandu wrote: I also find it confusing. i have no probs with rice milk etc but i can read 20 pages of facts and they all seem to be contradictory.

Unfortunately, contradictory information is found a lot more than finding the same information over and over when it comes to Candida. Most websites dedicated specifically to ‘curing’ a Candida infestation are selling something, and have alternatives motives for their advice. Plus, most information sites are written by so-called ‘experts’ who have never suffered from the infestation for even a second, so do they really know what they’re talking about?

Several posts have been directed at this subject before, one of those which has quite a bit of information is posted below.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm4497_Just-diagnosed–so-much-conflicting-information.aspx#post4497

Thanks, Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

the sites suggestions are not good and can cause prolonged treatment. It is best to figure out what your body can and can’t handle and how much you are getting better in relation to these food items. Moderation of the bad foods is key; don’t be completely strict the whole diet but don’t eat the bads very often (very sparingly).

89Mirageman

Thanks for the tips guys/girls! So the coconut bread is OK for stage 1 of the diet? What about apple cider vinegar? I’ve read that its fine and actually helps to get rid of candida and then I have read that all vinegar contains yeast that feeds them.

Is there an updated thread somewhere on the forum of allowed foods since the one on the home page is so outdated?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Coconut bread is OK; it does contain corn starch baking powder, but that is not the end of the world. Apple cider vinegar is allowed, but shouldn’t be taken in large amounts. I personally had a bad reaction to all vinegars including the apple cider one, but it won’t set you back too much.

I found a good apple cider vinegar dressing and it works for me. I still had a reaction to it 3 months into the diet, but no longer!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Unsweetened almond milk, cashews and stevia’ is closed to new replies.