Uk members – GPs and leaky gut

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Uk members – GPs and leaky gut

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jo*Jo 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

Have any of you ever been to your GPs about leaky gut? I’d never considered going to see mine before about this but I was just reading up on it as I’ve had tummy ache today a (due to having to resort to NSAIDS for dental pain). The article mentioned that doctors don’t really know what it is or how to treat it. Surprise surprise. But I was just wondering if any of you had tried with GPs and got anywhere? Slim chance, I know..

Jo*Jo

Just in case it comes up, I’ve had leaky gut for about 8 months but stomach pain is very rare for me so that’s why I was reading up on it.

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

Unfortunately not. I really like my GP. I think he is really good at what he does and am very grateful to him for all the support he has given me. However, this stuff is not yet on his radar. I can’t blame him for that. He does what he does, and what he does does not yet consider intestinal permeability, or candida, a cause of non-specific symptom sets.

Good luck! 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Unfortunately jo jo, stomach pain shouldn’t be associated with leaky gut. Leaky gut relates to allergies caused primarily by inflammation. The main symptoms associated with leaky gut are allergies to almost all foods and lack of nutritional absorption. I would consider getting your allergies tested with an allergist, or consulting a GI doctor. An allergist would be able to confirm that you have are allergic to many of the foods you eat. A GI doctor might know of other testing and ways to diagnose.

-raster

Jo*Jo

Well the only pain I’ve had during the time I’ve suffered with LG was the last time I took painkillers – about March – and yesterday after having to take them for very bad tooth ache. It wasn’t even quite a pain but an empty feeling when my tummy definitely wasn’t empty. Acid maybe? Thankfully it went away with lots of green tea and broccoli – and hasnt returned today. I havent had to have pain killers today either and nor should I for the forseeable future.

With my nutritionist, I was working on the theory that my tummy is inflamed, hence all the intolerances, and I’m trying to fix it. Two weeks ago I reacted to coconut bread so I started on L glutamine and bone broth and I havent reacted to it since, so I think I’m getting somewhere.

I wasn’t really considering going to my GP but I was interested to know if anyone had tried it. I had a very good GP, before she left, and she was the one who told me I probably had candida, but said treating it on the NHS is impossible so I would expect it to be similar with LG.

I will think about seeing an allergist or GI doctor if I dont improve soon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Uk members – GPs and leaky gut’ is closed to new replies.