Two months on cleanse and zero weight loss

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Two months on cleanse and zero weight loss

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

russo
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hello There

I have been on the cleanse for almost two months and very discouraged by zero weight loss. I did 5 days of the colon cleanse, followed with the candida diet. I even went back to the colon cleanse for another 5 days as my digestion seemed better when i was on that. I followed everything to a T. And yet, I have head zero weight loss which is rather discouraging and quite surprising.

Has anyone else had this same thing happen?

And ideas why?

I am 34 and only about 20 pounds overweight. I live a fairly active lifestyle, have a physical job, and that makes it even more confusing. I had my thyroid tested as I have been so tired and my acupuncturist was also baffled by the fact that I have lost zero wright, but it tested normal.

Thanks!

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

There are several reasons why a person who suffers from a Candida overgrowth gains weight easier and finds it more difficult to lose the weight. The same reasons, in reverse, answers the question of why a person on a protocol and a diet which is progressively curing the infestation begins to lose weight.

1) The Candida fungus causes fluid retention and makes it more difficult to lose the water weight throughout the infestation.

2) Before it’s treated as well as during the treatment, a fungal yeast overgrowth such as Candida will almost always cause a thyroid imbalance. This is because it’s capable of blocking the hormone receptors, therefore decreasing hormone effects. Hormones control metabolism, and in this case, the thyroid almost always reacts with hypothyroid. Even with mild cases of a Candida overgrowth, hypothyroid is usually present to some degree whether it’s noticed or not. Sometimes the hypothyroid symptoms are mistaken as simply the Candida symptoms since the symptoms of Hypothyroidism mimic those of a Candida overgrowth.
    Once the infestation is cured, or nearly cured, the thyroid begins to return to normal. I had my levels checked during the worst of my infestation and then again afterwards, so I know this to be true. Of course, if the thyroid is severely damaged, then other steps may have to be taken even after a cure of the infestation.

3) More than normal levels of toxins in the body make weight loss more difficult, and everyone knows to what extent a Candida overgrowth affects the level of toxins in the body.

4) And the reason which I believe is the most significant along with hormones is that a Candida albicans overgrowth in the body triggers a response in the immune system which puts stress on the adrenal glands. When the adrenals are under stress, this causes a rise in cortisol levels which in turn signals your body to hold on to its fat reserve. To put it simply, stress of the adrenals will normally equal weight gain and/or the inability to lose weight.

Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
    • Fatigue
    • Weakness
    • Weight gain or increased difficulty losing weight
    • Coarse, dry hair
    • Dry, rough pale skin
    • Hair loss
    • Cold intolerance (you can’t tolerate cold temperatures like those around you)
    • Muscle cramps and frequent muscle aches
    • Constipation
    • Depression
    • Irritability
    • Memory loss
    • Abnormal menstrual cycles
    • Decreased libido

Able

This is from this thread, where you can read about a handful of members who’ve had trouble losing weight on the strict diet.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6883_Very-confused-and-a-bit-scared.aspx

I can tell you that I was on the diet for 5 months before I saw any real weight loss and then I lost 50 LBS in less then 2 months and that was dramatic. My best supplement for weight loss is biotin, I take a very high dose of it, and I buy it in the powered form. I recently learned that the good bacteria produce biotin so, I’m assuming I have little to no good bacteria.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What kinds of foods are you eating?

-raster

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Two months on cleanse and zero weight loss’ is closed to new replies.